Bikini on Blast - this one tits close to home

Bert Orange

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Women are the most judgmental against other women. 

This is 1000% correct and exactly what happened in this case.  Little Miss "Fiesty as Fuck" hated the fact that the applicant rocks a bikini harder than she can, got all jealous, made an emotional decision without thinking things through, and decided to try and shame her on the interwebs.  Despite the job posting stating that applicants who follow their InstantChat/SnapFace/whateverthehell will be given priority over other applicants.  

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I've told my kids to have two accounts on every social media site. One is with their real name and has pretty much just family as friends, followers, etc. and is for work appropriate content. They are told to actually post things to those accounts so there's a history, etc.

The other is with some nickname their friends know them by and zero links to their real name or account. That's the one they put their actual lives on.

My kids do this with their social media profiles. Recently my wife showed me my 18 year olds Instagram and we were laughing at how sanitized it was and not truly reflective of his lifestyle. Based on that profile you would think he spends all his time doing charity work, helping kids,  studying and caring for animals.

I'm shocked that a feminist oriented marketing company in Austin would shame a hot 24 year old blond applicant on their Instagram page. Just shocked. 

(Okay maybe not the best looker out there upon further review but still, she can wear a swimsuit)

Edited by ztejas

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

I agree with the company on their decision not to hire her. She will be a pain in the ass. However, the company would have been smarter to just trash her application. Teaching people lessons, especially people who don't want to learn, is futile. Are her internet followers white knighting, looking for dates, or truly outraged? Also, I'm not clear whether Emily was publicly shamed or directed to a private link.

Out of curiosity, why do you agree with the decision to not hire her if its based solely on the fact that she posted a picture of herself in a bikini?

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm shocked that a feminist oriented marketing company in Austin would shame a hot 24 year old blond applicant on their Instagram page. Just shocked. 

(Okay maybe not the best looker out there upon further review but still, she can wear a swimsuit)

Bitches are catty. They hate her plenty for being better shaped from the neck down. 

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I've told my kids to have two accounts on every social media site. One is with their real name and has pretty much just family as friends, followers, etc. and is for work appropriate content. They are told to actually post things to those accounts so there's a history, etc.

The other is with some nickname their friends know them by and zero links to their real name or account. That's the one they put their actual lives on.

link?

• Like 1

You'd think a marketing exec would know not to publish images on social media when you don't have the rights to them. Facebook/Instagram have additional rights to photos. 3rd parties don't.  Plus, the blowback could hurt the company overall.  Bad marketing all around. 

Also, the bikini photo looks like most of the marketing and sales interns in my field.  That place seems like a bad place to work. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Out of curiosity, why do you agree with the decision to not hire her if its based solely on the fact that she posted a picture of herself in a bikini?

The first thing she did was run to social media and hide behind SheRatesDogs. Instead, she could have gone to the company to tell them that she had 50,000 hits on her Instagram page and she could do the same thing for Kickass clients if given the job. So in summary, she is a complainer without the drive or the creativity for the job. And if the company ever did anything that she disagreed with, she would not hesitate to fuck them.

24 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The first thing she did was run to social media and hide behind SheRatesDogs. Instead, she could have gone to the company to tell them that she had 50,000 hits on her Instagram page and she could do the same thing for Kickass clients if given the job. So in summary, she is a complainer without the drive or the creativity for the job. And if the company ever did anything that she disagreed with, she would not hesitate to fuck them.

I can be disagreeable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

The first thing she did was ask them to take down the post, they didn't so then she proceeded.

23 hours ago, Bevo said:

I agree with the company on their decision not to hire her. She will be a pain in the ass. However, the company would have been smarter to just trash her application. Teaching people lessons, especially people who don't want to learn, is futile. Are her internet followers white knighting, looking for dates, or truly outraged? Also, I'm not clear whether Emily was publicly shamed or directed to a private link.

Do you really think any company with "kickass" in their name can teach any kind of moral lesson? Ethical lesson? Any kind of positive lesson at all? 

1 hour ago, Asithappens said:

Do you really think any company with "kickass" in their name can teach any kind of moral lesson? Ethical lesson? Any kind of positive lesson at all? 

I feel like I let people down by making this thread a little too serious. So, I'll answer you if you can provide some pics of the kickass chicks.

15 hours ago, Bevo said:

Image result for okay gif

• Like 2

Jesus.  How hard is it to simply send a "Thanks for your application, we've offered the position to another candidate.  We have your resume on file and will reach out to you if/when there is an appropriate match."
giphy.gif
That doesn't sound very "kickass".
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Here is the reason she does not show her face in the photos....

spacer.png

Looks like the fucking scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.

I don't think there's any reason to talk shit about this girl to begin with, but the only time a woman will look less attractive than when they first wake up is when they're at the pool/beach/etc. Nobody looks great after being in the sun and sans-makeup. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, Steamboat1874 said:

Here is the reason she does not show her face in the photos....

spacer.png

Looks like the fucking scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.

This was my main takeaway. She ugly. Also, her IG is about 95% bikini pics, so I can kind get the “bikini model” comment; it just seems like a silly reason to not consider a candidate.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:15 AM, wild_turkey said:

Says people who post on surlyhorns...

On 10/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, texasjacket said:

Reason #1002 of why to not post everything about your life on social media

or why people post on message boards and in social media with names like wild-turkey, texasjacket or wally fairway.
there are people who know me and who I post as - but it sure as shit is my employer or even worse potential employers