Keurig Duo coffeemaker

AnTiM

Just curious whether these are as big a POS as mine.  Got two free exchanges because two of them had the same problem, work ok on tap water for 8 to 10 carafe brews, then quit.  Our city water may not be the best, but not bad either.  Ph 8, fairly soft, little to no iron, tastes fine, approved by the state.  Tried the third one on distilled water for 10 brews, then it quit after about 5 brews on city water.    So, if your water supply is perfect or you want to buy distilled water all the time, be my guest. Good luck with any bottled water because all have some sort of mineral content.  As for me, this third mfer is going in the trash.  Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

I’m no coffee snob, I just like it hot black and bitter,  like my women.  I’ll enjoy cup from any random diner, airport restaurant, or wherever without complaint.  But I used to own a Keurig for convenience sake and while the machine always worked well it produced the shittiest watered-downest coffee ever. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I’m no coffee snob, I just like it hot black and bitter,  like my women.  I’ll enjoy cup from any random diner, airport restaurant, or wherever without complaint.  But I used to own a Keurig for convenience sake and while the machine always worked well it produced the shittiest watered-downest coffee ever. 

I have tried to like it, but it's just not good coffee. 

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Aeropress is good if you just want one cup, and french press certainly tastes better, but sometimes (or almost always) I want more than one cup and a french press is just a pain to clean out.

Aeropress is great but too many steps and babysitting when I’m trying to cook breakfast and wrangle the kids at the same time.  French press is great and simple but a pain to clean out.  Chemex is my best of both worlds.  Makes a great cup of coffee like an aeropress but with simpler process, completely customizable for volume and strength like a French press but effortless to clean.