Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

He did give the team the day off somewhat suddenly on Sunday. I wonder if that's part of it. I'm thinking affair. Or a past racial or homophobic slur caught on video. Gambling might fit, but i doubt it. 

Nill said it had nothing to do with the new initiative. Also, if it was gambling that would’ve been released to the public. This is something else.

42 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I’d be shocked if it’s an affair unless it was somebody in the organization or married to somebody. Wondering more and more if it’s nose candy or something.

Nevermind. I see that it was addressed on the previous page.

Edited by Longhorn Al

40 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
44 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:
Another clue?

Hmmm that makes me think maybe it was some sort of racial incident? Maybe he got drunk and got in an altercation and dropped some N-bombs? Whatever it was I think it'll come out at some point, I don't think it'll be another Ron Washington type thing

Lol why does everyone think people get drunk and drop N bombs? Who the fuck does that?

9 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Ok my new theory is that he got drunk and threw out some homophobic slurs...

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I threw out something similar. It's probably along those lines (or racist).

"He also said it had nothing to do with the recent points laid out by the NHL at the annual board of governor’s meeting, a meeting Nill said he didn’t attend because he was conducting his internal investigation."

2. The league will create a mandatory, annual program for coaches and GMs and all front-office personnel on “counseling, consciousness-raising, education and training on diversity and inclusion.’’

"He also said it had nothing to do with the recent points laid out by the NHL at the annual board of governor’s meeting, a meeting Nill said he didn’t attend because he was conducting his internal investigation."

2. The league will create a mandatory, annual program for coaches and GMs and all front-office personnel on “counseling, consciousness-raising, education and training on diversity and inclusion.’’

Ahhhh so he didn’t attend so he DOESNT KNOW about the new diversity and inclusion rules which actually include what month did. Case closed !

How about just being a real big asshole to underlings consistently.

Nothing racial or homophobic. Just consistently a condescending prick to everyone under him. Or maybe a Taubman like demeanor all the time?

I’m curious anyway. This is terribly unusual for a major team that is playing well.

17 minutes ago, huge said:
How about just being a real big asshole to underlings consistently.

Nothing racial or homophobic. Just consistently a condescending prick to everyone under him. Or maybe a Taubman like demeanor all the time?

I’m curious anyway. This is terribly unusual for a major team that is playing well.

You don’t fire the head coach of a successful team for being an asshole.

Looked up Bowness. He has the most games behind the bench as a head or assistant coach in NHL history.

spacer.png

Edited by C-Man

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

You don’t fire the head coach of a successful team for being an asshole.

Looked up Bowness. He has the most games behind the bench as a head or assistant coach in NHL history.

spacer.png

The ticket hockey nerds on the postgame were saying this is by far the most talented team Bowness has ever gotten to lead as HC. His other ones were usually interim jobs after the HC got sacked for performance as well as leading the expansion shitty ass Ottawa senators as their first coach. 

Will be interesting to see how he does with this. Kind of funny the game immediately after Monty is out they get their first shutout on the season. 

7 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

The ticket hockey nerds on the postgame were saying this is by far the most talented team Bowness has ever gotten to lead as HC. His other ones were usually interim jobs after the HC got sacked for performance as well as leading the expansion shitty ass Ottawa senators as their first coach. 

Will be interesting to see how he does with this. Kind of funny the game immediately after Monty is out they get their first shutout on the season. 

Yeah, he hasn't had good teams when he's been HC. He did take the Bruins to the conference finals before falling to the Penguins in '92.

I wonder if the team will ride it out the rest of the year with Bowness or look for somebody else to take the job on a permanent basis. Watched a little of Bowness's post-PC and he seemed like he had a good attitude. Can't argue with tonight's result though NJ is pretty shitty.

2 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Winnipeg has gambling doesn't it? Could he have been gambling on the Stars during the road trip?

I think if it was related to gambling, that would've been spelled out at some point. I honestly don't know what the NHL's policy towards players and coaches gambling is -- I assume it's like MLB's and NBA's and others where it's pretty much verboten.

What a bizarre story. Coach that was one overtime game 7 away from the Stanley cup finals last year, had the team playing well after a rough start, by all accounts well liked by management and players, suddenly fired on a game day two days after the Stars received a call about an non-criminal "incident". They investigated for two days and felt they had no other option but to terminate him. If there was a victim that declined to press charges would that make it a non-criminal incident?

44 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

Saw a tweet where Montgomery said "there will be a time" when asked if he'll talk about why he was fired.

Fired Dallas Stars head coach promises 'there will be a time' he'll talk

One day after the surprise announcement, there are few details as to why Jim Montgomery was fired.

Author: Alex Rozier (WFAA), Mike Leslie
Published: 5:55 PM CST December 11, 2019
Updated: 6:00 PM CST December 11, 2019

Jim Montgomery said he's not talking now, but promised he will someday address his firing as head coach of the Dallas Stars.

"There will be a time," he told WFAA Wednesday afternoon.

Montgomery's firing came as a shock when it was announced Tuesday.

During a news conference, General Manager Jim Nill revealed Montgomery was fired for "unprofessional conduct," but few other details were revealed.

#NEW : I just spoke with now former @DallasStars Coach Jim Montgomery. I asked him about his firing for ‘unprofessional conduct’. He said “I’m not talking.” When asked if he will ever speak about his firing he said “there will be a time.”

View image on Twitter

Nill said team leadership learned on Sunday about a "material act of unprofessionalism" by Montgomery.

"I can't divulge," Nill said of specifics.

The GM said Montgomery's firing was "not based on on-ice performance."

He also said it did not involve a criminal act or any past or present players.

RELATED: Dallas Stars fire head coach for 'unprofessional conduct'

The team has started the season with a 17-11-3 record to hold a playoff position in the current standings. Montgomery was hired in May 2018 and was in his second season as head coach of the Stars.

Rick Bowness, who has been the Stars' assistance head coach since June 2018, was named interim head coach.

The Dallas Stars beat the New Jersey Devils 2-0 Tuesday night in Dallas. 

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nhl/stars/fired-dallas-stars-head-coach-promises-there-will-be-a-time-hell-talk/287-c143acab-9714-4451-9052-59db4bbcd8b9?fbclid=IwAR0K7w1TSB58qmbtVuLP8kKzq-FgkvxuFnQ8ijIEXnJwfvSjZL9KiNrOfMo

• Like 1

Ok this is now ridiculous, someone needs to just spill the beans. This isn’t the Kennedy assassination we’re talking about here. A hockey coach fucked up and got canned for it.

What horrible events would transpire if they were just forthcoming and explained the cause of this action. It’s probably lawyers recommending that it could cause some sort of possible lawsuit or protecting some lady who was insulted or something.

58 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Ok this is now ridiculous, someone needs to just spill the beans. This isn’t the Kennedy assassination we’re talking about here. A hockey coach fucked up and got canned for it.

What horrible events would transpire if they were just forthcoming and explained the cause of this action. It’s probably lawyers recommending that it could cause some sort of possible lawsuit or protecting some lady who was insulted or something.

It is ridiculous, because everyone is assuming the worst, because if it isn't the worst, someone in his camp would leak something to keep everyone from assuming the worst.

• Like 1

What a bizarre story. Coach that was one overtime game 7 away from the Stanley cup finals last year, had the team playing well after a rough start, by all accounts well liked by management and players, suddenly fired on a game day two days after the Stars received a call about an non-criminal "incident". They investigated for two days and felt they had no other option but to terminate him. If there was a victim that declined to press charges would that make it a non-criminal incident?
Western Conference Finals*

Seguin is talking with BaD Radio.  He knows what Montgomery did.  They're gonna keep it locked down.  But Seguin's disappointed how it all happened.  He trusts that Nill was justified in firing him.  He said he respected Nill for not saying what Monty did "to protect Monty, to protect the family.  Family comes first."

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Seguin is talking with BaD Radio.  He knows what Montgomery did.  They're gonna keep it locked down.  But Seguin's disappointed how it all happened.  He trusts that Nill was justified in firing him.  He said he respected Nill for not saying what Monty did "to protect Monty, to protect the family.  Family comes first."

Yea, the family line leads me to believe Monty be fucking somebody he wasn't supposed to be fuckin