Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

IDGAF. That was fun as shit today. The Fair is pretty goddamn country every year. Awesome sporting event in an iconic, awesome stadium. Glad I went.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This too.

If you were at the game, you missed the nbc pxp guy talk about how there used to be 4 bowl games and you paid attention to them, and the cotton bowl was one so it was cool to play there.  

so glad they did it there instead of anywhere in Arlington. 

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Had a blast.  But it seemed even more crowded than Texas-OU -- you couldn't walk anywhere.

Loved the pig racing, but the music acts were fucking gawdawful.

Big props to the Pred fans -- over 20K of them came down.  Fuck 'em anyways.

I can handle Midland. Dan and Shea suck each other's dicks NTTIAWWT. But they're terrible.

Logistics were awful. We were chasing our tails getting down there this morning so we drank our breakfast. The food lines were insane inside the Cotton Bowl. But beer lines were not. Didn't realize you could've walked out to Midway and gotten food and come back in. All in all it was a pretty awesome experience. Watched a bit of the game back on DVR tonight and it was loud as fuck -- and lots of nice things said about DFW hockey fans. Winning all around IMO. Loved it.

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

IDGAF. That was fun as shit today. The Fair is pretty goddamn country every year. Awesome sporting event in an iconic, awesome stadium. Glad I went.

Glad you enjoyed it. Equally glad I didn't go. After NYE that wasn't a morning I wanted to deal with even worse crowds than Texas oU

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Glad you enjoyed it. Equally glad I didn't go. After NYE that wasn't a morning I wanted to deal with even worse crowds than Texas oU

Could have been worse. It could have been 30 degrees and drizzling, with the Miami Hurricanes on the other sideline. 

• Haha 1

Logistics were indeed pretty bad.  Only having 2 entrances to the MIdway was the downfall (that and the massive merchandise lines making it hard for people to cross through).  The key though was to get on the other side of the stadium and through the other Midway entrance (I ended up going through the stadium to accomplish this pregame).  Luckily I figured that out relatively early and it wasn't near as packed once inside the Midway.  There was a vodka bar with short lines that was a good home base.

But overall it was an absolutely bad ass event and really glad I attended.  Weather was perfect and overall we had a blast.

10 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

By the way today was more evidence why Dallas >>> Houston. Sports are just a bigger deal here on the pro, collegiate, and high school level.

Because Dallas fans have more support for the Stars than Houston fans have for the hockey team that doesn't exist?? And whether they're a "bigger deal" or not, all Dallas sports teams are far worse than Houston sports teams

• Fuck You 2

14 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

entertaining game but they overdid it on the country-fied theatrics 

The game was fantastic. I wasn't able to get my hands on a ticket, but even just watching it on TV I was able to tell how nuts the stadium was and how the environment changed so drastically after each goal. Being at the game, were there any issues of puck visibility? The seats seemed to be very far from the ice.

It was a really poor set-up for the Midway, as others have said.  There was really no thought given to where they set up shit and how that would work with the flow of the crowd.  So you had people standing in line for the Fletcher's stand at the same spot people are trying to push past to move into/out of the Midway.  

The vodka bar was a nice set-up, once you got to it.  I had kids, so I made the pirate ship (with the nearby beer man) my home base.  But there was really no profit in moving around.

Obviously, there weren't enough food vendors.  I think that's a matter of staffing at a stadium that doesn't have a permanent vendor to handle concessions.  So maybe there were enough concession stands; they just didn't have people competent to move the lines.

For future reference, you should go to one of those things with a Clif Bar or something.

17 minutes ago, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

The game was fantastic. I wasn't able to get my hands on a ticket, but even just watching it on TV I was able to tell how nuts the stadium was and how the environment changed so drastically after each goal. Being at the game, were there any issues of puck visibility? The seats seemed to be very far from the ice.

Not as bad as I expected.  I was upper level corner and had a little trouble following shots on the other end.  Got used to it, though, and definitely saw Radulov's shot go in.

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

I can handle Midland. Dan and Shea suck each other's dicks NTTIAWWT. But they're terrible.

Logistics were awful. We were chasing our tails getting down there this morning so we drank our breakfast. The food lines were insane inside the Cotton Bowl. But beer lines were not. Didn't realize you could've walked out to Midway and gotten food and come back in. All in all it was a pretty awesome experience. Watched a bit of the game back on DVR tonight and it was loud as fuck -- and lots of nice things said about DFW hockey fans. Winning all around IMO. Loved it.

Guy in front of me left midway through the first period and came back with hot dogs and popcorn late in the second.  Dumbass stood in line for an hour, not realizing he could have gone outside to get food...

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Guy in front of me left midway through the first period and came back with hot dogs and popcorn late in the second.  Dumbass stood in line for an hour, not realizing he could have gone outside to get food...

Going outside the stadium between periods for beers was definitely the way to go.  No lines.

9 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Going outside the stadium between periods for beers was definitely the way to go.  No lines.

I didn't have any problems with the beer lines in the stadium. My wife is/was battling a cold and was a trooper to even go and be outside in that weather for as long as she did. Would've liked to have gotten down there earlier and maybe stayed after for a bit but it was too congested in the areas we were.

We were 16th row in the lower level. We were off to Midland's right if you were looking at the rink. About 15 rows above us would've been perfect -- well, as good as it would get in a football stadjum.

Who were the kids in grey sweats in the Texas endzone?

Oh, and for those that do not know the ice is being left there through the weekend. On Sunday, Texas's club hockey team is playing aggy in a game that's free to the public. I think it starts at 5 or 5:30.

• Like 1

Listening to everyone on the ticket talking about it is giving me extreme sports regret about not being there in person. Not sure I'd spend the money if I could go back but I'd have given it a lot more thought, seems like it was a magical experience.

Me too. Had no idea it would sell out so quickly and figured I’d have no trouble getting a ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We were 16th row in the lower level. We were off to Midland's right if you were looking at the rink. About 15 rows above us would've been perfect -- well, as good as it would get in a football stadjum.

Agreed.  We were row 21 at about the face off circle.  I was pretty satisfied with the seat but just a little higher up would have been ideal.

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Who were the kids in grey sweats in the Texas endzone?

Southern Miss football team is probably who you were talking about.   A bunch of them walked past us between the 2nd and 3rd periods while we were grabbing beers.   Nobody was very big.   I remarked time to load up on Tulane if that's their comp!

Had an awesome time at game. Didn't find getting in or out to be much of a trouble considering. Only issue I had was their (NHL, not Fair Park apparently) decision to use "wi-fi" connections for all their point of sale systems. With 85k+ it was having trouble connecting... shocking. 

Dallas should definitely get another one after the success of this one.  Anyone downing the pig races and/or mutton busting can GTFO. Awesome experience.

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Had an awesome time at game. Didn't find getting in or out to be much of a trouble considering. Only issue I had was their (NHL, not Fair Park apparently) decision to use "wi-fi" connections for all their point of sale systems. With 85k+ it was having trouble connecting... shocking. 

Dallas should definitely get another one after the success of this one.  Anyone downing the pig races and/or mutton busting can GTFO. Awesome experience.

That explains why it took so fucking long for corny dogs 

Stats through the halfway point of the season: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/13733?sf115320256=1

111 – Third-period comeback wins – tied for the third-most in NHL history through 638 games. The Stars lead all clubs with seven victories in games in which they were trailing entering the third period.