Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Two games in three days against the slumping Nashville Predators. Really need to grab all four points and anything less than three would be turrible. I'm trying to not be morbid but their minds have to be not completely on hockey following this week's deadly tornado up there.

Too many men on a soft call, not like our player tried for the puck, he went straight to the bench.

Rads gets interfered with in front of the net completely away from the puck, no call...

I hate complaining about refs but these last few games have been annoying to watch.

The one cogs drew looked a little soft. Johns poked that puck pretty clean, follow through tripped the guy. I've never been clear on that type of tripping call. I've gotten away with it plenty of times but like that there I've seen it called too.

This is the case if they go on to finish 3rd in the west?

I’m almost positive that’s the case. Eight teams make playoffs — top three in each division and then two wild cards regardless of division. Division winners get the wild card teams, higher point division winner gets second wild card. #2 and #3 in each division play each other. So playing in the better division in West means you have tougher comp unless you win division.

6 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

that was fucking embarrassing

zone entrance work on the power play and enough of this dump and chase bullshit, all that work to get the puck and then you just give it right back, it's fucking stupid

3 minutes of 6 on 5 and we had possession in the offensive zone for what, maybe a minute?