Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

On 3/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, C-Man said:

Two games in three days against the slumping Nashville Predators. Really need to grab all four points and anything less than three would be turrible. I'm trying to not be morbid but their minds have to be not completely on hockey following this week's deadly tornado up there.

How’d we do?

46 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

What a dogshit response today. Seguin and Benn need to step the fuck up. 

Pavelski too. Fuck this can be a spectacularly shitty offensive team. What a terrible 3 days. We could've buried the Predators and sealed at least third in the division with a simple split. Instead, we couldn't even score a goal.

44 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Queue Jim Lites to put some fire in this damn team. 7? 8? periods since this team has scored a 5v5 goal?

10, I think, going back to Gurianov's goal at 15:06 of the second period in STL. I think Klinger's goal came with the extra attacker.

It's also worth noting there hasn't been a 5-on-5 goal for or against the Stars since that Gurianov tally.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

10, I think, going back to Gurianov's goal at 15:06 of the second period in STL. I think Klinger's goal came with the extra attacker.

It's also worth noting there hasn't been a 5-on-5 goal for or against the Stars since that Gurianov tally.

I felt physical pain after reading this.

Was at the game, great seats, bummer results. Not finding the back of the net the whole game is very frustrating. Lots of shots too. Just poor placement making for easy saves. Not many "chaos" opportunities and lots of slapping them right into the goalies stomach.

I don't know what needs to happen, but we gonna get swept in the playoffs playing like that. We back in that beginning of the season slump. I guess if you gonna slump, do it now then turn it on again going into playoffs.

YouTube TV has reached an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group to carry 19 of the Fox-branded regional sports networks through the end of this year’s Major League Baseball season, but the deal does not include Fox Sports Prime Ticket, Fox Sports West, or the YES Network, each of which has been dropped from the service. The excluded RSNs serve the nation’s largest television markets, New York and Los Angeles.

Monty 90 days sober.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/stars/2020/03/11/now-90-days-sober-former-stars-coach-jim-montgomery-is-out-of-rehab-and-back-home-in-frisco/?fbclid=IwAR3SVAFPCuwDXmqHjGal9srJi8XM2cTbngNJSt4Ddglg-4-AF7JHslh_cYg

After a three-week stint in rehab, former Stars coach Jim Montgomery is back home with his family in Frisco.

In his first comments since releasing a statement to The Dallas Morning News on Jan. 3, Montgomery and his wife Emily spoke with Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman about what it was like dealing with Jim’s firing initially and how his acclimation has been now that he’s out of rehab.

Jim would not discuss the incident that ultimately led to his firing, but he did tell Sportsnet that he’s “feeling great" and is at peace with himself right now. He said that even though he made bad mistakes, he is not a bad person.

“It was surreal, like an out-of-body experience," Jim told Sportsnet about how he felt at the time of his firing. "All I could feel was incredible shame and guilt. All I was thinking was that it was going to be tough to protect my family. Making mistakes that affect them … it hurts.”

Emily said that she “knew he was not relieving his stress the right way,” but said her husband wouldn’t drink heavily when he was at home with his family. Now he’s not drinking at all, as the story notes he celebrated 90 days of sobriety on Tuesday.

Now that he’s back from rehab (he spent three weeks at an undisclosed inpatient facility), Jim attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings every day. He and Emily see a therapist.

Jim now helps his 10- and 8-year-old sons’ hockey teams and is in the process of teaching his 5-year-old daughter how to skate. He told Sportsnet that he’d like to get back into coaching, and that he finds himself scribbling down plays he’d like to use in the future in a notebook that he carries around.

Emily said she knows that coaching is still in her husband’s blood, and that she can see it when he’s on the ice. When asked if she’d be OK with him returning to coaching, she gave Sportsnet a thumbs up.

“I’d love him a little more if I saw him a little less,” she joked. “He needs to do it, and he’s good at it. I believe in my husband. I know he’s going to be better.”

“What happened is on me,” Jim said. “Vulnerability is actually a positive that allows trust and love to progress and grow. Growth occurs from it. I am living my life with a lot of gratitude.

“It’s like recovering from a car accident. I’m ready to get back behind the wheel.”

• Like 1

Man I've had tickets for tomorrow night about 9 rows up on the defensive side (1st and 3rd) of the glass near the blue line for the last month. I bet this shit gets cancelled. FML.
On the plus side it's easier to not watch us score goals from your couch.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...