Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

5 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Technically Jamie should have fed him at the end of the 3rd for the overtime winner. He got it anyway. The hockey gods knew.

The clock was at zeroes before Jamie took the shot, so I’m not sure there was time for the pass. Jamie hit him in the cup but the 5 hole was there if he kept it on the ice. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Technically Jamie should have fed him at the end of the 3rd for the overtime winner. He got it anyway. The hockey gods knew.

I'm not sure Jamie had time to make that pass. At the very least Rads wouldn't have had a better look than Benn did. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure Jamie had time to make that pass. At the very least Rads wouldn't have had a better look than Benn did. 
I checked it out with slo-mo of the angle behind the goal and he had time for the pass. It would have had to be a bang bang play to do it. However, Benn missed getting that goal by inches. If he had gone low to the 5 hole like his first goal, there was space to go through. Just a few inches too high and right.
Hell of a game and good momentum.

A lot is going to be made of Oleksiak's goal over the next couple of days. And it's going to portray the Big Rig as slow. From what I'm reading he is well above average in ice speed and his reach is,well , frankly absurd. I've watched him pretty closely when I've caught his number, and damn, does his reach matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1