Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If this were true, what does it say about the stars’ front office, coaches, and doctors that they sent him out against Colorado?

my ex-boss flew in for a couple of meetings and a thankyou for last year and we sat 2 seats from the aisle on the center stripe 10 rows below the cameras for the win over phoenix on feb 19th.   dobby was in for the win over chicago 4 days later.  so i had the best seats i've ever had for the stars for the last bish win at the bAArn.

I always think of random shit and tonight I started wondering when was the last Captain for this franchise not to play in a Stanley Cup Final?

These are the ones I knew
Benn - now
Morrow - 00
Modano- 99 00
Hatcher - 99 00

The list makes it to 88-89 before the Captain didn’t play in a finals for the Stars. I’m not looking that far back for every team but I wonder where we rank.

Top 10 Longest Overtime Games in NHL Playoff History:

116:30, 6 OT – March 24, 1936: Detroit at Montreal Maroons (1936 NHL Semis)

104:46, 6 OT– April 3, 1933: Toronto vs. Boston (1933 NHL Semis)

92:01, 5 OT – May 4, 2000: Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (2000 Eastern Conference Semis)

90:27, 5 OT – August 11, 2020: Tampa Bay vs. Columbus (2020 East First Round)

80: 48, 5 OT – April 24, 2003: Anaheim at Dallas (2003 Western Conference Semis)

79:15, 4 OT – April 24, 1996: Pittsburgh at Washington (1996 Eastern Conference Quarters)

78:06, 4 OT – April 11, 2007: Vancouver vs. Dallas (2007 Western Conference Quarters)

70:18, 4 OT -March 23, 1943: Toronto at Detroit (1943 NHL Semis)

69:03, 4 OT – May 4, 2008: Dallas vs. San Jose (2008 Western Conference Semis)

68:52, 4 OT – March 28, 1930: Montreal vs. New York Rangers (1930 NHL Semis)

I always think of random shit and tonight I started wondering when was the last Captain for this franchise not to play in a Stanley Cup Final?

These are the ones I knew
Benn - now
Morrow - 00
Modano- 99 00
Hatcher - 99 00

The list makes it to 88-89 before the Captain didn’t play in a finals for the Stars. I’m not looking that far back for every team but I wonder where we rank.

The Stars streak actually goes back to 1978-79 and JP Parise for the last captain to not appear in a Finals in his career. Or did you mean reach the Finals with the Stars?

24 minutes ago, Hornstrader said:

Saturday night prime time is what NBC would want for game 1. Major TV revenue slot they don't want to have use filler on. Cup Finals or not they don't want Sunday to go head to head with the NFL. No way they would bump Sunday Night Football even for a Cup Finals game.

Notre dame hosts USF on Saturday, too. So a mixed sport doubleheader for them. 

The Stars streak actually goes back to 1978-79 and JP Parise for the last captain to not appear in a Finals in his career. Or did you mean reach the Finals with the Stars?

I meant for the Stars. I didn’t clarify in the top but did(ish) in the bottom. Either way you look at it I feel that’s pretty high up there.

7 hours ago, Hornstrader said:

Saturday night prime time is what NBC would want for game 1. Major TV revenue slot they don't want to have use filler on. Cup Finals or not they don't want Sunday to go head to head with the NFL. No way they would bump Sunday Night Football even for a Cup Finals game.

The NHL would love to start on Saturday for Hockey Night in Canada, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

I meant for the Stars. I didn’t clarify in the top but did(ish) in the bottom. Either way you look at it I feel that’s pretty high up there.

You're probably right. There weren't a lot of teams playing for the cup in the 90s that have been there recently. 

9 hours ago, Hornstrader said:

Yep, NBC is going to be happy either way.  Either Game 1 of the Finals or Game 7  of the ECF.

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this doesn't appear to be gaining any traction, but people are trying to make it an issue.

https://deadspin.com/if-nhl-wants-to-fight-racism-it-can-start-with-how-it-1845065619

very very speculative.  lots of reaching and grasping to make this a big issue.

I might care if Reaves wasn't such a cunt. And is he more visible than Subban? 

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The guy who originally tweeted about the incident later clarified that the chirp was directed at Carrier, not Reeves.  

Eh-iwfOUwAA6Vgg?format=jpg&name=large

This guys diction is really strange. Multiple uses of "chirp" then "volley", "principals", "ferret"

Where the fuck did he learn English.

He also has replies on the tweet blocked. Seems like he sucks. 

Edited by ztejas