Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

44 minutes ago, wood said:

"Mutt" is a racial slur now?

WTF has happened to the world? We're all mutts. JFC.

Uh, hey, asshole, I have a pure Anglo-Saxon heritage that follows a lineage all the way back to Alfred the Great.

You sound like a Norman-bred Scott whose cousins all married off to Welshmen.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

The Devils are the only team to rally and win after facing a 3-1 series deficit in a conference finals.  In the year 2000.

I don't want any part of that karma a 2nd time.

And a full week layoff?  Sure we would be rested.

I'll take a Saturday opener.  Goldilocks zone.  Still have the edge, tanned rested and ready.

Tampa tonight in a 7-OT record-length Long March.

one thing that is (potentially) overlooked here is that the Stars get at least four days to scout and analyze both remaining opponents. If the Bolts had won it Tuesday, they would have only had a day or so to look at matchups and convey their findings to the players. I'm hoping this extra time gives the coaches and staff time to analyze game film, distill it down, and deliver it in a tight package to the players whenever the eventual opponent is decided.

but who knows, I'm full of shit.

11 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

back to back nights for game 4 and 5 to avoid Sunday night football 

I'm an NFL fan but fuck Sunday Night Football if the Stars are in the Cup Finals. Will the ratings change that much if you played it simultaneously? They are still going to be going against college football and the NBA conference finals should still be going on for at least one of the series. They are going against MNF on 2 nights. I know it isn't the same draw as SNF but it's still the NFL.  Hockey is still kind of a niche sport here in this country. I feel their hardcore fans are going to watch the Cup regardless over any other sport. I feel their ratings will be what they will be regardless of what else is on but could be wrong. Isn't the goalies impacted the most on back to backs?

Edited by Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Hockey Night in Canada is the biggest reason to play on Saturday nights.  it's an institution there.  even though it's teams from Dallas and Tampa, all eyeballs in Canada will be on the Stanley Cup final because of all the Canadians playing.

I still laugh when they call it HNIC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2