Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
12 minutes ago, ztejas said:
5 on 5 we've proven that we're the best team in the league. We just need to not give the refs a reason to make it 4 on 5. 
Lol at them talking about pulling Dhob if they made it 4-0. You don't do that with the way this team fights.

Didn't we pull him Vegas G2?

Yeah got the literal who goalie some experience. Don't know what's wrong with Bish but I wish he was there just for emergencies at least. I don't understand how he's unfit then starts a game then goes back unfit. Mental?

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
13 minutes ago, ztejas said:
5 on 5 we've proven that we're the best team in the league. We just need to not give the refs a reason to make it 4 on 5. 
Lol at them talking about pulling Dhob if they made it 4-0. You don't do that with the way this team fights.

Didn't we pull him Vegas G2?

Not sure when we pulled him G2 but Vegas' 3rd came much later. They scored all 3 in the 2nd and we had 0 going into the third. Oettinger only faced 5 shots that game. 

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
25 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Not sure when we pulled him G2 but Vegas' 3rd came much later. They scored all 3 in the 2nd and we had 0 going into the third. Oettinger only faced 5 shots that game. 

We pulled him at 2nd int.

Right. I guess my point is that I wouldn't have pulled Dhob if TB scored right at the beginning of the 2nd. That might not be the prevailing hockey wisdom but with the way these playoffs have gone for us coupled with the fact that it's the final I would hope we keep him in at least until we've had a chance to put an answer or two in. 

Yeah, frustrating game. We started off the first period well then it all fell apart with the 3 straight penalties (and it's so frustrating to hear this team constantly talk about not taking bad penalties, and then go out and do it time and time again).   Regrouped and outplayed them after that.  Of course they also took their foot off the gas a bit once they got a lead.  And Tampa actually played really well after we got it within 1.  Going to be a tough series.   Let's get Game 3.

Sucks.  Always loved Ralphie and my mind will never change that he and razor were the best broadcast duo in sports history.  csb-played golf with ralph (random pairing) in Hawaii a few years ago.  He was the nicest/normal/good'ol boy I have ever met.  Sending positive vibes he recovers fully.  Oh and lets fucking go wednesday! 

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

We are +2 at full strength in this series but Tampa's 5-on-5 numbers -- and other teams, too -- are better than ours during the playoffs. Tampa is #1 in Expected Goals For (we are fourth behind TB, Vegas and NYI) and #4 in Expected Goals % (Dallas is 13th).

See pic for the combined DAL-TB stats from the first two games. I will admit that the Stars have probably outplayed TB in four of the six periods but the two TB has "won" have been absolutely dominant (Dobby's performance was tremendous in Game 1). TB's three goals in Game 2 proved slightly too big of a hill for the Stars to climb and effectively gave them Game 2. Their performance in the third period of Game 1 led came with a 2-goal deficit and likely skew the below numbers a bit.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.10.38 PM.png

Edited by C-Man

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Been saying it all season, if this team can put together a 60 minute game, they're nearly unstoppable. Gotta cut out the mental mistakes. Obviously we can't get away with what Tampa is allowed to

Agree with this. You could argue that we outplayed them for all but about 8-10 minutes last night. If we can avoid the disaster penalty minutes, we’re golden. To me that’s all on Jamie- and I’m not knocking him, he’s done a great job getting us this far- but it’s on Cap to keep everyone poised and lobby the zebras. I think teams know they can get away with a little more when facing the Stars and they know they can get Rads (for example) to react. Our opponents use the refs as another weapon on the ice, smartly. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
English

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Tampa's 5-on-5 numbers -- and other teams, too -- are better than ours during the playoffs.

Well, we have gotten better as the playoffs have gone on. This is not the team that played Calgary. I also think the Avs were probably the 3rd-4th best team in the league and we played 7 games against them.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Well, we have gotten better as the playoffs have gone on. This is not the team that played Calgary. I also think the Avs were probably the 3rd-4th best team in the league and we played 7 games against them.

Yep.  Different team from latter half of Game 4 of that Calgary series on.  

Edited by Skipper