Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

29 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Any team with that thug reaves is my most hated team. Also has the second most worthless ginger behind Jason Garrett in Cody Eakin

Kadri is mine. Perry was no 2. I like Vegas (and they're my girlfriends adopted team), so the only time i dislike him is when we're playing them 

11 hours ago, Mileslong said:

While pondering greatest stars moments during infinitely long time between periods.

1) Hulls cup winning goal of course

2) 087fb28892122c71cd507f289807d02c.gif

Guess that shut your mouth you bitch Roenick

I rememeber when this happened, I was super young though. What is the backstory on why it happened with Roenick?

I rememeber when this happened, I was super young though. What is the backstory on why it happened with Roenick?

Here’s some backstory. Roenick with a cheap shot on Modano which needed a bunch of stitches, problem was the league didn’t even suspend Roenick. The Stars were super pissed then that piece of shit Keith Tchacuk poured gasoline on the fire with his comment.

After Derian did shut their mouths he got suspended like 8 games going into the playoffs and Roenick didn’t even miss a game if memory serves.

Here are some excerpts:

Roenick angered the Stars last month when he checked Dallas center Mike Modano so hard Modano needed seven stitches in a gash above his left eye. Roenick was not suspended, and Modano did not miss any games, but thinly veiled suggestions of Dallas retribution evoked this response from Tkachuk:

“If they’ve got a problem with it, tell them to do something about it. Otherwise, tell them to shut their mouths.”

After he had shut Roenick’s jaw, Hatcher said he felt bad about the injury but not the hit and said he should not be suspended because “my hit wasn’t any worse than . . . Roenick’s on Mike Modano.” Tkachuk called Hatcher “a rat” and “a piece of dung.”

That history dates to April 14, 1999, when Hatcher laid into Roenick, in what reports called retaliation for a high hit Roenick had given to Dallas forward Mike Modano three weeks earlier.

Hatcher's hit on Roenick resulted in a jaw dislocated and broken in multiple places to go along with eight broken teeth for Roenick and a seven-game suspension for Hatcher.

"I hate to say what's fair or unfair," Roenick said after being released from the hospital Saturday. "My opinion is I can't play in the playoffs, so I don't see why he should get to play in the playoffs. That's why I hope they get knocked out in the first round."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Here’s some backstory. Roenick with a cheap shot on Modano which needed a bunch of stitches, problem was the league didn’t even suspend Roenick. The Stars were super pissed then that piece of shit Keith Tchacuk poured gasoline on the fire with his comment.

After Derian did shut their mouths he got suspended like 8 games going into the playoffs and Roenick didn’t even miss a game if memory serves.

Here are some excerpts:

Roenick angered the Stars last month when he checked Dallas center Mike Modano so hard Modano needed seven stitches in a gash above his left eye. Roenick was not suspended, and Modano did not miss any games, but thinly veiled suggestions of Dallas retribution evoked this response from Tkachuk:

“If they’ve got a problem with it, tell them to do something about it. Otherwise, tell them to shut their mouths.”

After he had shut Roenick’s jaw, Hatcher said he felt bad about the injury but not the hit and said he should not be suspended because “my hit wasn’t any worse than . . . Roenick’s on Mike Modano.” Tkachuk called Hatcher “a rat” and “a piece of dung.”

That history dates to April 14, 1999, when Hatcher laid into Roenick, in what reports called retaliation for a high hit Roenick had given to Dallas forward Mike Modano three weeks earlier.

Hatcher's hit on Roenick resulted in a jaw dislocated and broken in multiple places to go along with eight broken teeth for Roenick and a seven-game suspension for Hatcher.

"I hate to say what's fair or unfair," Roenick said after being released from the hospital Saturday. "My opinion is I can't play in the playoffs, so I don't see why he should get to play in the playoffs. That's why I hope they get knocked out in the first round."

and then we won the whole damn thing

Roenick was exactly like Perry, cheap shot artist who would rarely fight to back it up and when he did he would get his ass kicked.

It was like 1-2 years later he gets traded to the Flyers then cheap shots Modano again and gives him a concussion

Roenick voted one of the 10 most controversial players of all time

• Like 1

That was back when some of the arenas had very firm boards because of the seamless glass, so no give at all. Got banned not long after because of how much damage the hits on the boards were causing. 

And while not a greatest moment per se, the fight with Anaheim was pretty memorable.  Not sure if this video gets into it, but a few games prior the ducks lost Paul kariya to a big hit and their local media spent the next few days calling them pussies for their lack of response. So when luds hit selanne they went nuts. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
This link has the whole thing, but to music instead of commentary