Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Razor was on with Gordo and Jake this morning and the situation was obviously brought up light-heartedly. Gordo said they had to ask and knew he had to tap-dance around the subject. Razor said he has an idea of what happened but not the whole story and wouldn't be able to comment if he did, etc. Razor brought up something Norm said a few days ago in that Monty is going to have to come clean and explain what happened if/when he is up for another coaching job. Razor didn't think what happened would keep Monty from coaching again, but also didn't rule it out.

Anyway, my old man is coming in from SA today and we're going to the game tonight. AFAIK, this will be his first-ever NHL game in person. (He used to take me to Houston Aeros games in the 70's when we still lived there and we got to see the Howe kids play with their old man. We've got my SIL's parents tickets, which are second row behind the goal the Stars shoot at in the 2nd period. Pretty sure we'll be close to that doucher P.M. Standley. I've never been down that low for a game and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 4

I'd say that's a clear explanation. 

I don't know about y'all but I'm still kinda iffy about how this is going to go. Seguin talking about how the closest comparison he had was someone getting traded made sense. I was genuinely shocked when they told us on the little ticket. At some point the shock is going to wear off for them and it's going to be root hog or die. That's not terribly different from the weeks before. 

I guess we're going to find out how they respond, one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

A different rumor involved an Ice Girl & the team Xmas party. 

I saw the Ice Girl rumor in a Facebook group and that it might involve stalking. I'm confused though. Ice Girls aren't employees? And this is allegedly not a criminal situation. Guess if there were no charges pressed, no criminal case.

^ Didn’t know they had those, will have to catch up later. 

Guess the league doesn’t do the Hard Knocks-style show with the Winter Classic anymore? 
They are but I'm not sure what company is producing it. They've been filming for it, they actually started the day Montgomery was fired.