Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Don't remember who said it because i watched all the postgame interviews, but one comment that jumped out to me from one of the players (Jamie, maybe) was something to the effect that we're not afraid of it taking 60 minutes, or more to win a game. They understand it's a 60 minute game and crazy shit can happen. 

Speaking of crazy shit: we're going to the motherfucking Stanley Cup Finals!!!!! Holy shit!

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This series reminded me of a late 90’s, early aughts type cup winner. Low scoring, tough as nails, situationally aware team with great goaltending. 

The physicality ain't the same.. and I'm thinking of dudes like Ludwig, Hatcher, Matvichuk, & Sydor.  Would love to have seen Hatcher at least challenge Reaves for his stupid ass liberties.

Esa Lindell is from that mold and that's about it. That's not to say the current version of the Stars sucks, by any means, they just play a different style of hockey.

Got to the sports book right before they cut off bets. Then went to the dispensary. Didn't start watching till 3rd period. Turned this rushed bet into 380 on a few lucky hands of blackjack. Its 5am here and I'm still walking around with my stars shirt. Very drink and enjoying this pizza on the Vegas putos home turfdeebf0185097b6e2a54043649303d1e9.jpg858e634b9916a926ca05331e6bc920cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I will never forget where I was when that winning goal in ‘99 went in...

I had been on my second date with this chick, she lived in McKinney and after our early dinner we went back to her house. I did sinful things to her then settled in to watch the Stars game.

She fell asleep and I watched the game sitting on the edge of her bed with the sound turned low. Then when Hull scored I screamed and started jumping up and down on the bed and she was freaking out that I was doing that.

Had sex, won the Cup, didn’t care...

FIFY

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Reilly Smith going full Matt Leinhart:

That's definitely some sandy vag stuff there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

This seems like forever ago — the night the Captain had a hat trick the night we had my firm’s tickets and the wife and I went with my best buddy from college and his wife.

1a5fc22d6fe557648ca362f4df50c219.jpg

Winter Classic was so cool.

66045b6045f8d0b04fa537cfeccd5791.jpg

Awesome!

My son's first game, second to last game in American Airlines before the bubble. 

IMG_20200307_151404.jpg

the early word is starting the Stanley Cup finals a week from today on September 22 and playing every other day, with a possible game 7 on October 4.

on the one hand, it would be great to get the boys lots of rest to get healthy.  on the other hand, we're rolling.  hate to stall it for a week.  but i'm guessing they'll take all the rest they can get.

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the early word is starting the Stanley Cup finals a week from today on September 22 and playing every other day, with a possible game 7 on October 4.

on the one hand, it would be great to get the boys lots of rest to get healthy.  on the other hand, we're rolling.  hate to stall it for a week.  but i'm guessing they'll take all the rest they can get.

That would really surprise me.  Assuming TB wins tonight, that would be a full week of the NHL paying to house two organizations in the bubble with no games going on.

39 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yeah, I think that's the latest they'd start if the Bolts-Isles go the full seven. Shapiro keeps saying the bubble is costing the NHL dearly so you'd think they're trying to get over as quickly as possible. That would point to starting as soon as Friday if TB wraps the East up tonight. That would give them Fri/Sun window this weekend but maybe they want away from NFL. I dunno.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, I think that's the latest they'd start if the Bolts-Isles go the full seven. Shapiro keeps saying the bubble is costing the NHL dearly so you'd think they're trying to get over as quickly as possible. That would point to starting as soon as Friday if TB wraps the East up tonight. That would give them Fri/Sun window this weekend but maybe they want away from NFL. I dunno.

That's what I assumed as well.  Shapiro mentioned part of the consideration for the quick turnaround for the Stars against the Avs and Vegas against us (in addition to preferred TV slots) was wanting to shut down the bubble sooner rater than later.   I don't see any way they hold off until next week if Tampa wins tonight if that really was a consideration.  

Actually, I just went down Shapiro's timeline and Pierre LeBrun is reporting game 1 on Thurs if East is wrapped up tonight.   

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That's what I assumed as well.  Shapiro mentioned part of the consideration for the quick turnaround for the Stars against the Avs and Vegas against us (in addition to preferred TV slots) was wanting to shut down the bubble sooner rater than later.   I don't see any way they hold off until next week if Tampa wins tonight if that really was a consideration.  

Actually, I just went down Shapiro's timeline and Pierre LeBrun is reporting game 1 on Thurs if East is wrapped up tonight.   

I thought Thursday might make sense too as it gives TB an off day before starting Game 1. I pushed it to Fri to give TB an extra day since they're wrapping their series in the same number of games as the West. But if you start Thurs, you have Thur-Sat-Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun-Tue run of games.

32 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Reading in an online Ticket group that a poster or two who may or may not have a little inside knowledge are saying what's keeping Bishop out is likely career-ending. Anybody else hearing something like that?

Haven't heard anything like that but it may make it easier to re-sign Dobby as a number 1.
I'm more interested to find out if Johns is done for good.

Will the playoffs take place in Edmonton or will the Stars go to Toronto?

Just now, vtaenz said:

Haven't heard anything like that but it may make it easier to re-sign Dobby as a number 1.
I'm more interested to find out if Johns is done for good.

Will the playoffs take place in Edmonton or will the Stars go to Toronto?

I believe everyone is now in Edmonton for the remainder (East moved over for conference finals)

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I believe everyone is now in Edmonton for the remainder (East moved over for conference finals)

This is my understanding.

I keep seeing posts on FB saying that it Tampa wins, the Finals would be home-and-home in Dallas and Tampa. Of course nobody has substantiated news to back it up. (I wish it was true, though!)

Just now, C-Man said:

This is my understanding.

I keep seeing posts on FB saying that it Tampa wins, the Finals would be home-and-home in Dallas and Tampa. Of course nobody has substantiated news to back it up. (I wish it was true, though!)

lol not a chance. The pandemic is largely controlled in Canada (compared to America). Plus both organizations would have to bring back anyone that was furloughed or laid off quickly, get deliveries for concession sales and all sorts of logistical nightmares that aren't going to happen in a handful of days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Unless it’s a 4-5 game series, they will play on a Sunday opposite nfl. Start Thursday if the East is done and you can make the Sunday game an if necessary game 6. 

the best path to avoiding a Sunday game, without having extra off games or a back to back, is to start on Tuesday. Then if there is a Sunday game it will be game 7 for the cup and that should pull ratings over from week 3 nfl. 

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Reading in an online Ticket group that a poster or two who may or may not have a little inside knowledge are saying what's keeping Bishop out is likely career-ending. Anybody else hearing something like that?

Do we even know what it is?

That would be really sad if true.  I've really enjoyed having Bish on the team.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Do we even know what it is?

That would be really sad if true.  I've really enjoyed having Bish on the team.

When Bish is on, he's pretty amazing. When he is fighting off an injury it's usually pretty obvious. The only silver lining is the Stars could sign Anton as the number 1 without having to try to fight to keep him as a 1B or worry about cap room (assuming Bish goes on LTIR)

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

8e32ab7d89dadbe260116ea12abe47d5.jpg

“In Russia it’s kind of tradition you have crawfeesh, beer, and a sauna”

that was awesome.  Dobby is certainly his own man.  he doesn't like vodka or beer.  he's a wine guy.  and he doesn't play golf because it's boring.

interview will be posted online soon.  the hockey questions and answers were pretty generic.  but Dobby opened up when asked about the none hockey stuff.

"sports and all that implies."

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

If this were true, what does it say about the stars’ front office, coaches, and doctors that they sent him out against Colorado?