Richard Jewell

futureman

4 hours ago, DanRydell said:

You’re right. Unlike the journalists depicted by the film, who reported true information, the film is actually defamatory, and intentionally so. The movie is actually far, far worse than what it’s railing against.

My issue is far less with what the reporters did than with the FBI.  Leaking Jewell's name was unforgivable and made life hell for an innocent man.  A hero, nonetheless.  To me that is far worse than telling a lie about somebody years after the fact when the person is dead and everybody acknowledges that it's a lie.

My issue is far less with what the reporters did than with the FBI.  Leaking Jewell's name was unforgivable and made life hell for an innocent man.  A hero, nonetheless.  To me that is far worse than telling a lie about somebody years after the fact when the person is dead and everybody acknowledges that it's a lie.

I agree, that was absolutely outrageous. Which is what makes it all the more puzzling a narrative choice to invest a story that places the blame for the leak partly on a honeypot reporter than purely on the FBI where it belongs.