Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

Sushi is fine. Crawfish though, way too much work for a minimal payoff. Throw on the mess factor and the ridiculous price for that minimal payoff. To get full on the typical restaurant size crawfish without any sausage/corn/taters would require at least 4 lbs at $10/lb. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, bluto said:

Sushi is fine. Crawfish though, way too much work for a minimal payoff. Throw on the mess factor and the ridiculous price for that minimal payoff. To get full on the typical restaurant size crawfish without any sausage/corn/taters would require at least 4 lbs at $10/lb. 

Most folks who do it right don't eat crawfish in a restaurant.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, bluto said:

Agreed, and it's the same with Lobster.  Too much work and money for little food.

On 4/10/2018 at 12:19 PM, Escapedgoat said:

Food-specific and El Paso, Texas-specific.

I never warmed up to Chico's Tacos.

The people I knew there couldn't wait for me to try it when I was out there. Wow, they were terrible. That was an unpopular opinion.

o.jpg

: from Yelp.

Didn't know Jade worked in El Paso

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Folks go to restaurants so the don't have to do anything.  It's about the labor, not the taste or value.

Maybe.

it’s been my experience that most folks in these here parts have at least one hardcore coonass neighbor who will do multiple crawfish boils a year.

He makes the bugs, everyone else brings the booze and sides.

10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Mother’s Day should not be for wives. Husbands shouldn’t have to get a gift for their wife even if they are mother to their kids.

Same goes for Fathers Day.

I think everyone secretly agrees with this

Mother’s Day should not be for wives. Husbands shouldn’t have to get a gift for their wife even if they are mother to their kids.

Same goes for Fathers Day.

I think the more obvious one is Valentine's Day. Why the hell is it a thing? They don't even try and hide it with the marketing anymore that it's 100% a made up holiday for women.

I don't mind Mother's Day or Father's Day. That shit ain't easy and one day a year of recognition seems alright to me.

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

ice cream is horribly overrated.   can't remember the last time i bought some just to have it in the house.  dessert generally is pretty much useless.

I thought the same until I quit drinking. Now I celebrate ice cream and all other desert foods.