Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

49 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Deadpool... irreverent juvenile humor... which is fine in the right time, place, and dosage... but cant see why adults get so utterly giddy about it

You're asking this on the surl/shag, which is pretty much the epicenter of irreverent juvenile humor for adults, so...

On 5/17/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

I don't mind Mother's or Father's day.

What I do mind is that on Father's day all I want is some peace and quit, some beer, and a steak (that I'll make myself) - What I actually get is mostly none of those things

Same here. I'm lucky that both of my parents are alive and well, and same with my wife, and there are a lot of advantages to having them all here in town-- our kids are 8 and 10 and we've only paid for babysitting 2 or 3 times in all those years.

But holidays can be a complete disaster, making sure all mothers are properly attended to on Mother's Day, and all fathers are properly entertained on Father's Day.  When all I want is to be on the lake, skiing and drinking beer.

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Deadpool... irreverent juvenile humor... which is fine in the right time, place, and dosage... but cant see why adults get so utterly giddy about it

This. So much this. 

Deadpool is okay, but it wears thin and the schtick is old by the end of the movie. 

On 5/21/2018 at 6:02 PM, CooterBrown said:

I only wish Jimmy V survived so we wouldn’t have to keep hearing about his annoying overrated ass.

This one should be popular. Jimmy V week is basically a time where we show enough respect for cancer that we pretend he wasn’t a slimy douchebag.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Where you were born really isn't that important.  Particularly when you consider you had absolutely less than nothing to do with it.  

On 5/23/2018 at 10:20 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Does that make them less stupid?

Yellow Submarine might be one of the dumbest songs I have heard.

Try listening to it while you are tripping. It's a totally different song. If you'd picked any of the songs from their teenie-bopper years, I might have agreed with you. But their songs which were clearly intended for psychedelic drug users are not meant to make sense to anyone not in an altered state.

5 hours ago, JukeJointJunkie said:

I think the Cowboys should wear their dark blue jerseys/silver pants at home. The whole original purpose of wearing the whites has long since passed.

usatsi_9700827.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

In any case, they need to ditch the greenish tinted pants at home. Their home uniforms may be iconic, but they’re objectively bad. Silver helmets, weird greenish silver pants, two different shades of blue between the helmet and the jerseys, random black outlines appearing only on the sleeve stripes. At least the ones pictured all match. Wear the white jerseys, fine, but revise them to match.