Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There is so much quality classic rock that I could never get tired of it. Something made me think of Uriah Heep the other day and I realized that I hadn’t listened to any of their music in a long time so I broke out The Magician’s Birthday and listened to it. Brought back some real fun memories

I remember a radio show "back in the day" called "Deep Cuts" (I think XM has something similar). It makes you realize how great Classic Rock was if you got past the "hits".

31 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The last 50%?

What’s an album?Just a shot out there that a crapton of folks on here never lived B sides, rewinding the tape, or whether you listened to the whole album straight through or just played the hits.  Had friends who were both ways.  I was a whole album kind of listener.

Edited by Iceman

On 11/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

When I was a kid I used to make fun of creed and specifically the song “higher” (just like everyone else, because it was the popular thing to do).  But listening to it again as I’ve gotten older and reading along with the lyrics, it’s a great fucking song. Like, not a good song. A great song. 

Late to the party but just wanted to say that this post is incredible.

1k2esv6x88k21.jpg

Never understood the spicy thing.
Why does something have to be so fucking hot that your entire mouth goes numb for you to enjoy it.
Will never get it.
I like a little spice but raw jalapeños or fucking ghost peppers.
Get that shit out of here.
Are you trying to prove something?

Raw jalapeños aren’t that hot, and have great flavor.

Ghost peppers, Carolina Reapers, et al are apropos to your point.
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Why does something have to be so fucking hot that your entire mouth goes numb for you to enjoy it.

Will never get it.

If it makes your mouth go numb then how can the heat bother you?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Raw jalapeños aren’t that hot, and have great flavor.

Ghost peppers, Carolina Reapers, et al are apropos to your point.

That is bullshit.

Raw jalapenos with the ribs and seeds are hot as fuck.

Some may be hotter than others but most of the raw ones I have encountered are mouth numbing hot.

Don't get me wrong I like some spice and a little heat is fine but that stuff that is blazing is stupid.

Everyone has different taste buds I know.....my Mom used to eat raw jalapenos all of the time and my Dad did not want anything hot.

Guess I got more of his taste buds than her's but I did get her hair which I am grateful for because I never have to worry about baldness.

14 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Will never get it.

Used to love super spicy stuff when I was young, but my asshole can't handle it the next day now. Hard pass. 

3 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That is bullshit.

Some may be hotter than others but most of the raw ones I have encountered are mouth numbing hot.

The hottest jalapenos I've had were less of the mouth burning variety, and more of the "face gets redder than a whiskey drunk" and you start sweating hot, but not anywhere near the mouth heat of ghost peppers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That is bullshit.

Some raw jalapeños can be hotter than others, sure. But using them and ghost peppers as your examples are two extreme ends of the spectrum. 2,500 scoville units versus a million.

You may think you like some spice, but that says you don’t.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes, they certainly don't hold up well against Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, and Imagine Dragons.  I'm just hoping to go deaf so I don't have to listen to any more KPOP.

Okay Boomer.

Watching a few minutes of the dog show this holiday weekend, I've come to the realization that I am a bit of a dog racist - I'm not crazy about most dogs that have curly hair.

They're still better than most cats, I guess, but I don't really care for most of the curly-haired dogs that I have known. Perhaps people who are shitty owners are more drawn to those breeds (looking at you, Bichon Frise...), or maybe their personalities somehow reflect a purpose of their breeding that annoys me, but I don't believe I've ever met a kickass dog with curly hair. I think their ceiling is pretty much "doesn't suck too bad." 

8 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Watching a few minutes of the dog show this holiday weekend, I've come to the realization that I am a bit of a dog racist - I'm not crazy about most dogs that have curly hair.

They're still better than most cats, I guess, but I don't really care for most of the curly-haired dogs that I have known. Perhaps people who are shitty owners are more drawn to those breeds (looking at you, Bichon Frise...), or maybe their personalities somehow reflect a purpose of their breeding that annoys me, but I don't believe I've ever met a kickass dog with curly hair. I think their ceiling is pretty much "doesn't suck too bad." 

You want unpopular? I don’t care for most dogs in general. And I like cats.

I hate croutons in my salad. If they come in a packet on the side, I either throw them away immediately, or even eat them individually, separate from the salad. But once I put the dressing or the vinaigrette on my salad, the last thing i want is a soggy crouton with one of my bites.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

10 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

everything about Baby Yoda is obnoxious and annoying

How dare you, sir.  I'm guessing your idea of cute are photos of your own relatives as babies.  

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Both. If you can make them soggy with dressing then you're putting way too much dressing on your salad. (Incidentally, Cardini's Caesar dressing is also great.)

Mmmmmm...nom nom nom nom. So good. 

I literally just take the packet of dressing given to me when I buy the salad, squeeze it on, and shake it up. If that amount of salad dressing makes it a soggy mess for one item, but everything else is perfectly fine, maybe it just doesn’t belong lol.

I love spicy food and have a pretty high tolerance. I have had many enjoyable experiences with the use of habaneros and even ghost pepper (used sparingly and strategically, I assume). But I also have had dishes that are comically hot, completely unenjoyable, and I don't really understand the draw. I'm not one who takes some dumbass pride in my tolerance for heat, and I am happy to admit if something has me beat. I am, however, willing to try something said to be extraordinarily hot, but only a taste. I'm not going to go all in unless I know I can handle it.  I'm pretty sure I've had one wing of BWW hottest and it didn't kill me, I probably could have finished 6 and been okay, but it was not enjoyable. I liked the third down the list in spiciness, if I recall correctly. It's been years since I've gone to BWW.

Edited by 'stache