Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

6 hours ago, TexanTraveling said:

Don't necessarily believe it, but it is a theory/stream of consciousness that has crossed my mind....anybody else?

The Corona Virus is earths way of fighting back. The earth is a living breathing thing and our ability to exponentially increase our population, deplete every resource, and essentially kill this planet demands earth to fight back. It releases a virus and darwinism essentially takes place. Only the fittest survive and long term this is actually beneficial for our society as humans as we reset and remind ourselves what is important.

Thoughts?

The earth doesn't care. 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, TexanTraveling said:

Don't necessarily believe it, but it is a theory/stream of consciousness that has crossed my mind....anybody else?

The Corona Virus is earths way of fighting back. The earth is a living breathing thing and our ability to exponentially increase our population, deplete every resource, and essentially kill this planet demands earth to fight back. It releases a virus and darwinism essentially takes place. Only the fittest survive and long term this is actually beneficial for our society as humans as we reset and remind ourselves what is important.

Thoughts?

Pet peeve: the fittest/strongest don’t survive. Otherwise T-rex’s would still be around. The most adaptable survive. Hence cockroaches surviving anything.

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Pet peeve: the fittest/strongest don’t survive. Otherwise T-rex’s would still be around. The most adaptable survive. Hence cockroaches surviving anything.

I don’t think Darwin meant physically the fittest or strongest, it can be the most fit to survive or the strongest in their ability to adapt and survive...

Edited by TexanTraveling

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, TexanTraveling said:

Thoughts?

I think the Earth is a robot. It runs off the power created by humans. The Moon is also a robot and it hates the Earth, so it made the virus to kill the humans so Earth would start dragging energy-wise and the Moon could finally beat it in HORSE and one-on-one. 

• Like 1

This annoys me:

"It's good for athletes and coaches to have Non Sports Opinions and to use their platforms and share them!"

"Unless they think the wrong thing, in which case athletes and coaches should just Stick to Sports Cliches and/or Read The Card."

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t know if this is even an unpopular opinion, but Jesus fucking Christ we have to stop photo snitching on people that aren’t “social distancing.” 

People were always going to enjoy themselves on Memorial Day. Pandemic or not. You know the risks, and you know the things you can do to help prevent yourself from getting it. Do what you have to do and live your life. Don’t get on social media to share the photo of a lake that has 50 something 20 year olds. No fucking shit that’s what they’re doing on Memorial Day. Stay inside, wear your mask, and live your fucking life. And let them live theirs.

and I say this as a person that generally doesn’t think we should be rushing to open everything. But I also know I have a choice in regards to whether or not I want to do any of those things. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know if this is even an unpopular opinion, but Jesus fucking Christ we have to stop photo snitching on people that aren’t “social distancing.” 

People were always going to enjoy themselves on Memorial Day. Pandemic or not. You know the risks, and you know the things you can do to help prevent yourself from getting it. Do what you have to do and live your life. Don’t get on social media to share the photo of a lake that has 50 something 20 year olds. No fucking shit that’s what they’re doing on Memorial Day. Stay inside, wear your mask, and live your fucking life. And let them live theirs.

and I say this as a person that generally doesn’t think we should be rushing to open everything. But I also know I have a choice in regards to whether or not I want to do any of those things. 

Karen gonna Karen

7 hours ago, Horn_Spanker said:

I don't want my neighbor's dog in my yard.  When I confronted the owner, she said "he doesn't listen".  Of course he doesn't, you stupid cunt, he's a fucking dog!

He hears, he just doesn't respect her because she never bothered to train him. 

From my observation I'd guesstimate that about 75% of dog owners have no business owning a dog. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Karen gonna Karen

The use of "Karen" to stereotype and mock is hilarious, but it is also a double-standard and hypocritical. 

If you had the same and said "Okay, DeAndre" everyone would decry you as racist, with good reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

The use of "Karen" to stereotype and mock is hilarious, but it is also a double-standard and hypocritical. 

If you had the same and said "Okay, DeAndre" everyone would decry you as racist, with good reason. 

It’s neither hilarious nor hypocritical. It’s more like nonsensical given that it hasn’t been a popular name in half a century and it seems to usually be applied to 30 and 40 somethings. But at least it’s consistent, unlike the different men’s name that it’s paired with every time, since the internet hasn’t randomly settled on that yet.

7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Was a suburban white chick choked to death with a knee to the throat this week or are we still mostly limiting that to DeAndre?

On 5/27/2020 at 2:52 PM, formermav43 said:

It’s neither hilarious nor hypocritical. It’s more like nonsensical given that it hasn’t been a popular name in half a century and it seems to usually be applied to 30 and 40 somethings. But at least it’s consistent, unlike the different men’s name that it’s paired with every time, since the internet hasn’t randomly settled on that yet.

I thought we were going with Chad. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 11:23 PM, Helobious said:

“Stormtrooper whites” are a dumb name for the road unis. The stormtroopers are useless bafoons in the Star Wars universe. Not exactly an intimidating namesake.

Like the various references to the "Death Star". Man, every Death Star the Empire (or the Disney version of the Empire) built got blown up by an FCS opponent.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:23 PM, Helobious said:

“Stormtrooper whites” are a dumb name for the road unis. The stormtroopers are useless bafoons in the Star Wars universe. Not exactly an intimidating namesake.

Superior Whites, then, if you must have it another way...

wait...

Not really missing sports right now. And I thought I would. Maybe it's time for America to move on from the old forms of entertainment. It's time for a reset to get our priorities right and change some of the people and things we over value.

I reserve the right to change my mind, come the first Saturday in September.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 5