Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

I refer to all of my sports teams as “we”. I realize I don’t play for them, I don’t wear jerseys or jorts, and I fully accept that my fandom has no outcome on the game. Having said that, my teams are “we” and “us”. If you don’t like that, we think you should go fuck yourself.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

for the most part, sausage is overwhelmingly mediocre. 

its left over meat products, ground up and squished into a casing so theres no original texture left, and blended with just enough spices to make it palatable. 

you can have it as a side, but theres no instance where anyone should want it as a main dish.  not chorizo, not sucuk, not haggis, not boudin, not kolbasz, not polse, not kielbasa, not morcilla, not hotdogs, not wurst, not even if its smoked by Aaron Franklin. 

• Fuck You 1

On 9/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, Ignatius said:

I refer to all of my sports teams as “we”. I realize I don’t play for them, I don’t wear jerseys or jorts, and I fully accept that my fandom has no outcome on the game. Having said that, my teams are “we” and “us”. If you don’t like that, we think you should go fuck yourself.

I hate the clown that says “oh, oh I’m sorry. Are you on the team. Ha this guy said we.” Fuck off, dude. Although i will admit, I say a lot more “we” and “us” when we’re winning lol. 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

its left over meat products, ground up and squished into a casing so theres no original texture left, and blended with just enough spices to make it palatable. 

you can have it as a side, but theres no instance where anyone should want it as a main dish.  not chorizo, not sucuk, not haggis, not boudin, not kolbasz, not polse, not kielbasa, not morcilla, not hotdogs, not wurst, not even if its smoked by Aaron Franklin. 

Breakfast sausage is fucking delicious, man. “But bacon is better” yeah no shit. That’s why you eat both. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 9:45 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Do you want me to say "coke"?  I'll say "coke" when I'm talking about Coke.

"Soda" is for people who are trying to impress you with their faux sophistication.

Well, "soda" is what it's called. "Sodey-Pop" makes you sound like an 8 year old from the 50's. And "Pop" makes one sound like a backwoods redneck, based on its use here in rural Oklahoma.

Why can't people just be adults and order the beverage of their choice using the correct proper name of said beverage?  

You want a Coca-Cola?  Ask for a "Coca-Cola" or "Coke" 

You want a Sprite?  Ask for a "Sprite" 

You want a Root Beer?  Ask for a "Root Beer" 

This soda/pop/coke thing is geographically cute and all but it's for children.  Be a fucking man and order what you want using the fucking name of the drink either printed on the menu or on the soda dispenser labels.  Jesus, every fucking year we have to go through this because grown men entrusted with 6,000 pound trucks and assault rifles can't be fucking bothered to order a soft drink by name.  What the fuck people?  

You want a Big Red tough guy?  Don't say "Coke" or "Soda Water"...just say "Big Red"...you'll be wildly impressed when one is delivered to your table 3 minutes later you fucking child.  

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well, "soda" is what it's called. "Sodey-Pop" makes you sound like an 8 year old from the 50's. And "Pop" makes one sound like a backwoods redneck, based on its use here in rural Oklahoma.

Frinkiac - S07E04 - My "sodie" is too cold.

My sodie is too cold and it makes my teef hurt 

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm basically a hick/redneck with an education that doesn't hate people who are different than them.  So, I'll wear this one.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:46 AM, 52-80 said:

and I just fucking repped you upthread a little. Dammit.

On 9/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, Lobo said:

Why can't people just be adults and order the beverage of their choice using the correct proper name of said beverage?  

You want a Coca-Cola?  Ask for a "Coca-Cola" or "Coke" 

You want a Sprite?  Ask for a "Sprite" 

You want a Root Beer?  Ask for a "Root Beer" 

This soda/pop/coke thing is geographically cute and all but it's for children.  Be a fucking man and order what you want using the fucking name of the drink either printed on the menu or on the soda dispenser labels.  Jesus, every fucking year we have to go through this because grown men entrusted with 6,000 pound trucks and assault rifles can't be fucking bothered to order a soft drink by name.  What the fuck people?  

You want a Big Red tough guy?  Don't say "Coke" or "Soda Water"...just say "Big Red"...you'll be wildly impressed when one is delivered to your table 3 minutes later you fucking child.  

No one I know will "order" a Sprite by saying "give me a coke".

Now if you are at home you might say "let's go get a coke" and you may get a sprite when you get there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fair point, but has any adult ever, in the history of this timeline, ever been sitting at home...looked at another adult and said, "let's go get a coke"?  If my wife said that to me, I'd call an attorney. 

Now, I have had friends over the years look at me in their home and said, "let's go get some coke"  But that was a totally different group of friends 20 years ago. 

I can say this having lived in Iowa and Texas that coke and pop are the generic terms used to describe drinks in the garage or other area (like covered porches in Iowa in the winter). It’s basically “they’re cokes/pops in the blank” meant to tell you where to find whatever variety they have. Nobody says give me a coke/pop without saying what kind at restaurants or fast food places. Midwesterners may ask what kind of pop they have but will then state what they want. Texans assume coke products plus Dr Pepper and look confused when Pepsi products are offered.

Edited by Covri