Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

On 12/12/2020 at 6:17 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m a die hard cowboys fan, and I think romo’s career has been underrated considering the incompetence he had to deal with. It’s frustrating hearing other fans talk about his career. With that being said, he’s overrated as an announcer. He just is. It was cool at the beginning when he was predicting plays and shit like that, but I cringe at certain things he says more than almost any other announcer. Maybe I’m being overly critical as a cowboys fan. Maybe this isn’t an unpopular opinion anymore. He always does the game of the week, so obviously I’m always watching his game. I’ll give him that. But man. Relax a little bit Tony. 

I agree about his career being underrated. Did he ever play behind an offensive line that wasn't complete dogshit? I've only seen (heard) him announce a few times, and he is no more or less annoying than all the other dipshits, imo.

One day, before I die, I want to watch a sports event on TV where all I hear are the crowd sounds, the whistles, the stadium announcer, the players yelling the play or calling for the ball, and random stuff from the side lines.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I agree about his career being underrated. Did he ever play behind an offensive line that wasn't complete dogshit? I've only seen (heard) him announce a few times, and he is no more or less annoying than all the other dipshits, imo.

One day, before I die, I want to watch a sports event on TV where all I hear are the crowd sounds, the whistles, the stadium announcer, the players yelling the play or calling for the ball, and random stuff from the side lines.

He had an oline and a running game twice in his career. In 2007 and 2014. In 2007 that was first full year as a starter, and in 2014 he was a legitimate MVP candidate. His body finally broke down when we rebuilt the core. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Miracle Whip on a turkey and Swiss sandwich works. Gotta have mustard. Mustard alone works fine too, even two kinds of mustard like, say, yellow mustard and Creole mustard. I like to add a little thyme and fresh ground black pepper. And lettuce, of course. I wasn’t raised by wolves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The CFP invitational has had this for a few years. One of the ESPN channels broadcasts an all-22 with mostly just sounds of the game and crowd noises. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I like to watch games from home instead of at stadium.

I'm this way for a lot of auto racing. While I've been to a bunch of races, going to the race is about the atmosphere, the sound, the idiot drunk fans, and not about the actual racing or how well my drivers do, because you can't see shit at a racetrack. If I want to see how my driver is doing or wtf is actually happening on 3/4 of the racetrack, I watch it on TV.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
People who attribute their changes in life (addiction recovery, losing weight, finding a job) to god need to fuck off. If there is a god, and there isn’t, he:she had nothing to do with you quitting smoking or whatever. I don’t want to hear about it on Instagram or linkedin. Fuck off and die.
The same can be said of people saying it was God's plan when a death occurs, especially to someone very young. Fuck off with that shit. And if that is indeed his plan, well that's pretty shitty.
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Obviously it's God's plan that y'all don't believe and burn in Hell for all eternity

"Here's some free will for you to enjoy, but if you don't do exactly what I say, I'm going to torture you mercilessly and far beyond your worst imagination for the rest of time. Have a nice day!" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

"Here's some free will for you to enjoy, but if you don't do exactly what I say, I'm going to torture you mercilessly and far beyond your worst imagination for the rest of time. Have a nice day!" 

Process theologians have a nice, logical answer to that, which is to propose the idea of co-creation. Which leads to some interesting philosophical discussions, if you're into that sort of thing, but it also sidesteps the point, which is, what do we need God for if we really do have free will? 

37 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

They should just go to penalty kicks after the 11th inning. 

How about an HR derby?  Each team sends their best masher and BP pitcher out for a four minute round.  Not very traditional, but it would be exciting for sure.  Players swing for the fence in extras anyway.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

How about an HR derby?  Each team sends their best masher and BP pitcher out for a four minute round.  Not very traditional, but it would be exciting for sure.  Players swing for the fence in extras anyway.  

You just made every backward hat wearing, glove taking, lives at home with mom, basement dwelling jabroni cum.  

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, HRSchenker said:

Yards. Fuck em. Nothing impressive to me about your sidewalk edging or how lush the grass in your side yard is during the heat wave. I wish I could replace my grass with turf or rocks. 

Did that 5 years ago...

7BA046E6-30D3-48D1-9FD6-55257F2D689E.jpeg

• Like 4