NLDS: Nationals vs Dodgers

WBT

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

And now Buehler has walked them loaded

And escaped.  And then Corbin escaped 1st and 3rd and no outs.  It's nice to see managers not panicking and going to the bullpen at the first sign of trouble 

Edited by WBT

43 minutes ago, huge said:

F Rodney

Wow, imagine having that be your best option at this moment

Shit, did you see the Braves game?  Darren O'Day was the first guy out of their pen when they had a 1-run lead.   Darren O'Day.

No one in the NL has anything approaching the dominating bullpens we've seen from NYY or the 2015 Royals or 2016 Indians, which doesn't mean you can't win, but Darren O'Day?!?!??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I'm looking forward to watching Joc Pederson lose in the World Series for the third straight year.

I too used to hate Joc until I saw his family situation at the home run derby this year.  Really pisses me off that I can't hate him anymore.

11 hours ago, huge said:

I too used to hate Joc until I saw his family situation at the home run derby this year.  Really pisses me off that I can't hate him anymore.

Yeah.  That reduced his tool bag factor by about 25%, but it was so high to begin with that it’s still OK to root against him.  

Personally, I hope that the next time he goes through the In-n-Out drive-thru they give him a Diet Coke after he clearly orders a regular Coke.  

Can Strasburg go deep enough into this game to keep the Nats bullpen from blowing it up is the question....  I still don't understand why D-Rob didn't start Ryu here given how well he has pitches at home vs road and that would have let Kershaw and Scherzer go at it for who wants the postseason least title.

Okay, he just wanted Clayton in the pen. 

The Dodgers are holding Hyun-Jin Ryu and his NL-leading 2.32 ERA for Game 3 in Washington, a decision that was informed, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said, by Kershaw’s previous bullpen work in the postseason. But besides making Kershaw available for relief in a Game 5, pitching him before the series shifts east also opens the possibility of a pivot away from the Dodgers’ plan to start Walker Buehler in a Game 5 on Wednesday, should that idea become attractive. For what it’s worth, Kershaw would be on regular rest that day.

——

Roberts said he felt “very good” about the plan the Dodgers put in place.

“Just appreciating what Clayton has done out of the ‘pen when you're talking about Game 5,” he said. “You dig a little bit deeper and understand that Clayton has done it, he's done well. You've got to prepare for a Game 5 if it does happen, so what best prepares you for that? And that's Clayton pitching Game 2 and Walker having the opportunity to pitch twice in this series.”