Mr. Robot

NWBuck

Not sure if sarcasm but my point is it’s a well worn trope and you could see it coming a mile away. I mean what else could it have been? I would like to have seen Esmail answer that question in an unpredictable way. But I’m still on board.

Glad they killed off the crystal meth tweaker crime lord. He was ok for what he was but not a sustainable character IMO.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Not sure if sarcasm but my point is it’s a well worn trope and you could see it coming a mile away. I mean what else could it have been? I would like to have seen Esmail answer that question in an unpredictable way. But I’m still on board.

Glad they killed off the crystal meth tweaker crime lord. He was ok for what he was but not a sustainable character IMO.

Now that I read my post I can see how it could come across as sarcastic but it wasn't. I don't need Eliot to have a real deep reason for why he's done everything. Just like you I'm tired of it being dragged out over and over again and saw it coming a mile away. 

42 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Maybe he’s just an asshole.

More on the computer programmer who occasionally spends a day in jail asshole or surly Dallas lawyer who can't make a putt asshole?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Now that I read my post I can see how it could come across as sarcastic but it wasn't. I don't need Eliot to have a real deep reason for why he's done everything. Just like you I'm tired of it being dragged out over and over again and saw it coming a mile away. 

More on the computer programmer who occasionally spends a day in jail asshole or surly Dallas lawyer who can't make a putt asshole?

• Like 1

Finally caught up after literally years of trailing behind. Agree with Buzzrock's (and others) three points completely -

Vela was distractingly cartoonish. Why'd he have this Hannibal-Clarise thing for getting inside Elliot's head? And the resolution is ultimately meaningless as he dies, the shrink leaves and Elliot goes back to his quest.

Janice was awesome from her first scene to her last.

Similar to the Vela point, the molestation angle was unnecessary and tacked on. Even during the cool scenes with the 8-year-old, it was hard to generate much empathy knowing he was going to go back after White Rose eventually.

But all in all, it's been an interesting season and I'll miss the moodiness and music of the show.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:59 AM, Dark Horse said:

First episode of the season I thought was meh.

Two episodes left?

agree but the episode gave them the ability to give Dom a relatively positive ending while keeping Darlene around. And it's possible that we may have seen the last of Leon and Irving. They've been wrapping characters for a while now.  We're basically down to Elliot, young Elliot, Mr. Robot, Darlene, Tyrell and Whiterose.  Tyrell is a question mark but I find it hard to believe that he's dead.  not too mention that there's the hint that Angela isn't dead.

The show lists 3 more episodes but it looks like the last 2 episodes are being shown on the same night (Dec 22nd.)

Yeah, plotting their exit couldn't have possibly been picked up a hacked Alexa.  What's clever about this show though is Darlene didn't destroy it because she knew Dark Army was using it to pick up their conversations.....she did it because she was pissed that Dom was using it as a crutch for real human interaction.  Or that's what Darlene wanted to have come across when the mic was still live.  

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So it’s pretty clear Whiterose’s project is some kind of time travel or time manipulation endeavor.  

spacer.png

Some way to control parallel universes and live in the one that is "perfect."  Not sure how to reconcile the fact that the plant melted down in the universe we know (or at least the control room has been destroyed) with Elliot somehow surviving.  But I'm sure they'll find a way.

I feel sorry for people who enjoyed Season 1 but dropped out during Season 2 (seems to be when most people dropped, and I can understand it).  This season has been epic, and I anticipate the finale will be as good as the rest of the season has been.  Just a phenomenal TV series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am enjoying the show, but not thrilled with the sci fi turn, no matter how much they've been hinting at and foreshadowing it.  I preferred the idea that White Rose was just insane and powerful.

I am almost wondering if there is some personality nesting/inception shit going on here, and the Elliot we've known is just a manifestation of the one we just met, or something in that vein.  I imagine there is going to be some kind of meeting among Mr. Robot, mom, and young Elliott, and a reference back to whatever of Elliott's personalities spoke to Darlene about Vera in between seasons.  That would be some Dallas/St. Elsewhere level rug pulling, though.

• Like 1

Well, that was, uh.... hmm. Gonna need to marinate on that for a bit. 

I think that was a solid ending.  Works better than the Whiterose machine worked weirdness we were heading down the last episode.

Yeah this is about where I’m at. Wrapped up about as well as it could given the complex subject matter. It would have had to have been pretty incredible to have a big wow-factor ending.

keanuwhoa.gif