ALDS: Twins v. Yankees

spystud13

The Yanks, outside of some terrible catastrophe, have the far superior bullpen as it stands right now. I'll take Ottavino (Brooklyn native), Kanhle, Britton and Chapman 95 percent of the time. Still a damn fun game to watch do far. Minny is battling far better than the wildcard in 2017. 

Edited by UpperWestside

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The Yanks, outside of some terrible catastrophe, have the far superior bullpen as it stands right now. I'll take Ottavino (Brooklyn native), Kanhle, Britton and Chapman 95 percent of the time. Still a damn fun game to watch do far. Minny is battling far better than the wildcard in 2017. 

Not sure it matters how good the bullpen is when you get to it in the 5th.   You are asking for a lot of folks in a row to do their thing.  

4 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Boone really got a lot of mileage out of ottavino tonight. Good thing it’s deep into the game huh. 

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That was the Twins best chance to take a game. When does the ALCS start?

I don't mean this to sound argumentative; I'm genuinely curious why you think this.  Tomorrow's starter, Tanaka, had a 4.45 ERA, significantly higher than Paxton's.  And Monday it's Severino, who isn't 100% and almost certainly can't go more than 5, pitching on the road.  Hell, this was the least likely win for Minny out of those three games, unless you thought Berrios was their only chance to get a win?

With Minny's lineup and NYY's starters, I wouldn't be taking anything for granted.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I don't mean this to sound argumentative; I'm genuinely curious why you think this.  Tomorrow's starter, Tanaka, had a 4.45 ERA, significantly higher than Paxton's.  And Monday it's Severino, who isn't 100% and almost certainly can't go more than 5, pitching on the road.  Hell, this was the least likely win for Minny out of those three games, unless you thought Berrios was their only chance to get a win?

With Minny's lineup and NYY's starters, I wouldn't be taking anything for granted.

Ever seen Tanaka pitch in October?

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm guessing that he has, seeing as how he's an Astros fan, and he probably wasn't that impressed. 

Shit I forgot the Astros completely lit him up in the 2017 ALCS. 2 runs on 7 hits in 13 innings pitched. Tanaka was a gas can out there.

He did pitch well against Houston in 2017.  But he was 1-1 in those games.  And he lost the 2015 WC to Houston.

Tanaka's a pretty good pitcher, don't get me wrong.  But he's 3-2 career in the postseason, so that's hardly an automatic W tomorrow.

I'm not rooting for Minny, by the way.  I want the Yankees in an iron-sharpens-iron kind of way.  Plus it's really fun to end their season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Tanaka's a pretty good pitcher, don't get me wrong.  But he's 3-2 career in the postseason, so that's hardly an automatic W tomorrow.

Again, you’re not understanding the dynamic here. It’s Yankees vs Twins in October. NY could send Brian Cashman to the mound tomorrow & it’d be an automatic W for the Yanks. If it was the Angels/Indians/goddamn fucking Tigers/Astros/Red Sox, that’d be a ballgame Tanaka would need to bring out his A-game to win. But it’s the Twins. It’s the baseball version of 21st century Ohio State vs Michigan. 

Yankee win tonight would give them 12 straight playoff game wins over the Twins, longest head to head postseason win streak in baseball history. They’re 14-2 all time vs Minny in the playoffs, and 101-37 against them overall since 2002. The Twins are the Yankees gimp, and daddy’s angry tonight. 

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I think it might’ve had something to do with the Uber driver starting today’s game lol

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Good call. 8-0 Yankees currently.

• Like 1

Was out running some errands and listening via At Bat.  The default broadcast is the home broadcast which is WFAN in NY for this game. It’s unlistenable.  How Sterling has done this for so long is beyond me.  And Waldman is just a beating with her accent and marble-mouthed delivery.  

I made it 30 seconds before changing to the Minny broadcast.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

“Let’s roll it forward all of 20 yards for every homer, then slowly roll it back. Then the next time someone homers we’ll do THE EXACT SAME THING WOO WOO”

You're lucky we don't do it for visiting team strikeouts.  You've got 4 already, skirt.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1