Band of Brothers

Sbbruin

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It was a throwaway episode. It contributed nothing. You can skip it and you wouldn’t miss anything. 

What you miss is the storytelling.  The story in your mind didn't follow the story on the screen.  It's like going to see strippers and only watching tits or ass. 

Watch the dance.  That's the art.  Only weirdos go to watch the flesh.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching this on Netflix. I had never seen it before. Great show (obviously). The concentration camp episode was a real gut punch.

My only complaint is that, aside from a few main guys (Winters, Nixon, Donnie Wahlberg, maybe a couple others), I never had a good sense of which guy was which and what their rank/role was. There's a ton of characters and a lot of the time they're wearing helmets, faces are super dirty, etc. For example, Michael Fassbender was in an early episode I was like "oh, cool, early career Michael Fassbender". Then he disappeared (I guess?) and I forgot he was in it, and he reappeared in one of the last episodes. Not a big deal, just a nitpick, but I did feel like there were quite a few scenes where a character is portrayed as "one of the guys", or they're really sad about his death or something, and I'm sitting there thinking "wait who tf is that?".

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

My only complaint is that, aside from a few main guys (Winters, Nixon, Donnie Wahlberg, maybe a couple others), I never had a good sense of which guy was which and what their rank/role was. There's a ton of characters and a lot of the time they're wearing helmets, faces are super dirty, etc. For example, Michael Fassbender was in an early episode I was like "oh, cool, early career Michael Fassbender". Then he disappeared (I guess?) and I forgot he was in it, and he reappeared in one of the last episodes. Not a big deal, just a nitpick, but I did feel like there were quite a few scenes where a character is portrayed as "one of the guys", or they're really sad about his death or something, and I'm sitting there thinking "wait who tf is that?".

My wife has a difficult time keeping track of multiple characters, as well

• Haha 1