Snoop Dogg's performance at KU's Midnight Madness 😂

Goo Punch

54 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Who cares? Jesus christ people are so uptight

uh, it ain't about being uptight, chief. it's about KU's hilarious levels of tone-deafness in this situation, specifically in light of KU just recently being charged with major NCAA violations after an FBI investigation.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/kansas-basketball-hit-with-major-ncaa-violation-charges-stemming-from-fbi-probe/amp/

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 3

Apology letter: 

“We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night. We made it clear to the entertainers’ managers that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show."

Sneaky acknowledgment they knew it could be offensive to those midwestern moms (and/or racists)

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

You do understand that by contract self IS REQUIRED to wear Adidas gear in any setting where he has to wear KU gear right? That’s regardless of allegations or not.

aside from that, word is, nobody is happy with the show snoop put on. Apparently Jeff long thought “live dancers” meant a dance crew and not strippers. Cash guns were not discussed but regardless of a subliminal message about paying players, rappers often have cash guns and strippers as part of their entertainment. It was equally likely that even without sanctions there would have been cash guns st a snoop show. 

That being said, apparently adidas also sponsors snoop and that’s how he was booked. In partnership with adidas. We probably should have secured our own entertainer rather than work through adidas. Especially if it was going to be controversial in hindsight. 

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

Apology letter: 

“We apologize to anyone who was offended by the Snoop Dogg performance at Late Night. We made it clear to the entertainers’ managers that we expected a clean version of the show and took additional steps to communicate to our fans, including moving the artist to the final act of the evening, to ensure that no basketball activities would be missed if anyone did not want to stay for his show."

Sneaky acknowledgment they knew it could be offensive to those midwestern moms (and/or racists)

Come on man. Not liking or wanting to be at a gangster rap concert doesn’t make you a racist. Start a thread about it in the cloak room if you want to talk about that shit. 

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

You do understand that by contract self IS REQUIRED to wear Adidas gear in any setting where he has to wear KU gear right? That’s regardless of allegations or not.

aside from that, word is, nobody is happy with the show snoop put on. Apparently Jeff long thought “live dancers” meant a dance crew and not strippers. Cash guns were not discussed but regardless of a subliminal message about paying players, rappers often have cash guns and strippers as part of their entertainment. It was equally likely that even without sanctions there would have been cash guns st a snoop show. 

That being said, apparently adidas also sponsors snoop and that’s how he was booked. In partnership with adidas. We probably should have secured our own entertainer rather than work through adidas. Especially if it was going to be controversial in hindsight. 

Come on man, who hasn't used a tip gun?

Did no one at Kansas ever listen to "doggystyle"? You hire Snoop Dogg for an event what the fuck do you expect? That's like hiring Joey Diaz to perform a kid's birthday party. Of course he's going to be calling them cocksuckers. 

This is what I want to know..who the hell did they think was coming? Snoopy the dog?

7 hours ago, Jhawk said:

You should read what you post.  It’s hilarious.  KU is shady as all hell.  The streak is tainted.  Who cares?  Why can’t you just laugh and enjoy it like your coach?  

I’ll agree that Kentucky and Duke are dirty too, but they win a lot more and seem to be more discrete - only compared to zero fucks Billy.  

14 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Did no one at Kansas ever listen to "doggystyle"? You hire Snoop Dogg for an event what the fuck do you expect? That's like hiring Joey Diaz to perform a kid's birthday party. Of course he's going to be calling them cocksuckers. 

Man I was 12 when my old man caught me with that CD.  Being forced to play it for him was uncomfortable to say the least.  

And sitting was also uncomfortable, for the next several days.  

• Like 1

No problemo

17 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Edited by mulletpelini
Same guy that hired Petrino? 100% Awareness

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You should read what you post.  It’s hilarious.  KU is shady as all hell.  The streak is tainted.  Who cares?  Why can’t you just laugh and enjoy it like your coach?  

I’ll agree that Kentucky and Duke are dirty too, but they win a lot more and seem to be more discrete - only compared to zero fucks Billy.  

Hilarious seeing a sooner call ANYONE “shady as all hell.” Self awareness much stock market mogul?

Edited by Girdwood

4 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Hilarious seeing a sooner call ANYONE “shady as all hell.” Self awareness much stock market mogul?

Oh yes, that’s why you’ll find my posts here all the time defending OU’s ncaa infractions, dipshit?  
There’s a reason a Sooner has a lot more credibility than your dumbass around these parts.  GFY

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Forgot you’re the BYU troll - gag on your magic underwear, cunt

15 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You should read my post again.  Here is a story on how Snoop became the entertainment for the night:

How Kansas basketball landed Snoop Dogg for Late Night

Bill Self wanted Hootie and the Blowfish.  The story also talks about how Adidas was involved in Snoops procurement based on contractual obligations and mutual sponsorship.

Also, what is not to believe about Self contractually being obligated to wear Adidas?  Do you understand how sponsorships work?  Did you expect him to wear Nike?  Under Armor?  Finally, have you never heard of an artist/performer getting live and just doing whatever the hell they want?  I highly doubt KU sanctioned "Strippers and cash being poured on players, women, and recruits."  That's just asinine and if they did then all should be fired.  That money was also fake, had snoops face on it, not that it makes it any better.

If you look at the FBI thread I am basically in no way defending KU.  I have only ever offered up ways that I see KU can avoid punishment and stated facts of the case as the FBI, prosecution, court and jury has delivered them.  Your need to twist facts that you refuse to look up into a narrative that makes all KU fans look like they are willing to defend cheating at any cost and that KU wants to cheat as brazenly as possible is comical. Especially as someone else put it "a Sooner".

Having Snoop was absolutely idiotic.  Not understanding the implications of having him is naive at best and grossly negligent at worst.  But let's not act like Bill Self went to snoops house and said "You know what would be great?  If you just came in and said "Fuck the NCAA, Bill Self and I pay whoever we want to pay, oh yeah.. if you could have some hoodrats get naked on the court that would be awesome too.  Don't worry, if the NCAA says anything I'll tell them to fuck off on an open mic."

Don't be an idiot.

31 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

You should read my post again.  Here is a story on how Snoop became the entertainment for the night:

Bill Self wanted Hootie and the Blowfish.  The story also talks about how Adidas was involved in Snoops procurement based on contractual obligations and mutual sponsorship.

So Adidas is getting KU in trouble with the NCAA by buying players for them and now Adidas gets KU in trouble by forcing Snoop Dogg on them.  I wonder why KU doesn't just tell Adidas to fuck off and go away?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

So Adidas is getting KU in trouble with the NCAA by buying players for them and now Adidas gets KU in trouble by forcing Snoop Dogg on them.  I wonder why KU doesn't just tell Adidas to fuck off and go away?

You know how I know you didn’t read the article?  You know how I know you aren’t taking anything that is said in the correct context?

also.. KU has a signed contract for 10 year with Adidas. I’m sure there is pretty tight language in that contract that says “you can’t just tell us to fuck off and go away and start using Nike gear.” If language like that isn’t in there then adidas is dumber than I thought but given they are a multi-billion dollar company I’m guessing they might have at least one attorney on staff that would sneak something like that in there. 

35 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

You know how I know you didn’t read the article?  You know how I know you aren’t taking anything that is said in the correct context?

also.. KU has a signed contract for 10 year with Adidas. I’m sure there is pretty tight language in that contract that says “you can’t just tell us to fuck off and go away and start using Nike gear.” If language like that isn’t in there then adidas is dumber than I thought but given they are a multi-billion dollar company I’m guessing they might have at least one attorney on staff that would sneak something like that in there. 

Every contract will have a voidable clause if either party does something to damage the other party.  Of course, the courts would probably laugh at KU if they tried that, seeing as how KU signed that contract after Adidas got them in trouble with the NCAA, like the unprincipled whore that they are.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Every contract will have a voidable clause if either party does something to damage the other party.  Of course, the courts would probably laugh at KU if they tried that, seeing as how KU signed that contract after Adidas got them in trouble with the NCAA, like the unprincipled whore that they are.  

And because we have already signed a new one under the premise that they haven't done us harm then how would you propose we exit the current contract?  In one post you say what we should do and then in the next you say exactly why we cannot accomplish that feat.  Are you just lonely and need to type something or are you only able to create and process one thought at a time?

5 hours ago, Jhawk said:

And because we have already signed a new one under the premise that they haven't done us harm then how would you propose we exit the current contract?  In one post you say what we should do and then in the next you say exactly why we cannot accomplish that feat.  Are you just lonely and need to type something or are you only able to create and process one thought at a time?

I'm saying that your joke of a university should have never gone down the road of being an unprincipled whore in exchange for basketball because it devalues the degree of all its alumni.                

Edited by Beau Vine

12 hours ago, Jhawk said:

KU is just a school that got popped for the same Snoop Dog concert that all the major schools have hosted. The shitty thing for the ncaa is that very little of Snoop Dog's money gun "shot" any of the Board of Directors and directly implicated KU. It’s a courageous position to celebrate sluts and pole dancing, which is why the NCAA doesn’t expect to win in an appeal scenario. That’s why KU is going to get a lot out of hiring Snoop Dog to associate us with payola, Adidas gangster bagmen and strippers. I fully expect another Crips tribute concert at every home game. It’ll be the appeal of having Bill Self wearing money symbols and Adidas logos that proves that we are culturally aware.

Which is basically what one of my earlier posts was about. The implications of some of the pole dancing ho's is degrading to women made by the NCAA is far beyond what the ncaa is willing to defend long term. Couple that with KU staunchly defending Snoop Dog aiming a money gun at privileged white children to show how racially sorry we are and the lack of pole dancer's full frontal nudity makes KU's position so strong. Especially if KU goes ahead with plans to turn every game into a South Central tribute concert featuring acrobatic dancers will save us from the ncaa being the prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner. 

@Jhawk defense of KU's concert makes a lot of sense to me. 

It’s been a few days since Snoop Dogg and his ‘acrobatic dancers’ made Kansas fans at Late Night in the Phog clutch their pearls, but this afternoon, we finally heard from the rapper himself.

During an appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Snoop teed off on Kansas athletic director Jeff Long’s apology for the performance, saying that the Jayhawks knew exactly what they were getting when they asked him to do a show.

“The audience enjoyed that sh*t,” Snoop told Stern and fellow guest Seth Rogan. “I don’t know what the f*ck they talking about.”

When asked, Snoop denied that Kansas asked him to leave.

“That’s a goddamn lie. That’s a motherf**king lie. I had the time of my life. I enjoyed myself, hung out with the basketball teams. ”

Snoop said he believes the only reason Kansas apologized for the performance — which featured scantily clad dancers on stripper poles, a money gun, and a person in a dog costume carrying a very large fake blunt — was because of the backlash.

“I just think it was more the publicity of what I did, they had to cover it up. And, I respect them, and I wasn’t gonna put no smut on their name and say they did anything wrong because they invited me to come do what I do. And, when you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gonna get Snoop Dogg.”

On 10/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jhawk said:

Also, what is not to believe about Self contractually being obligated to wear Adidas?  Do you understand how sponsorships work?  Did you expect him to wear Nike?  Under Armor?  Finally, have you never heard of an artist/performer getting live and just doing whatever the hell they want?  I highly doubt KU sanctioned "Strippers and cash being poured on players, women, and recruits."  That's just asinine and if they did then all should be fired.  That money was also fake, had snoops face on it, not that it makes it any better.

If you look at the FBI thread I am basically in no way defending KU.  I have only ever offered up ways that I see KU can avoid punishment and stated facts of the case as the FBI, prosecution, court and jury has delivered them.  Your need to twist facts that you refuse to look up into a narrative that makes all KU fans look like they are willing to defend cheating at any cost and that KU wants to cheat as brazenly as possible is comical. Especially as someone else put it "a Sooner".

Having Snoop was absolutely idiotic.  Not understanding the implications of having him is naive at best and grossly negligent at worst.  But let's not act like Bill Self went to snoops house and said "You know what would be great?  If you just came in and said "Fuck the NCAA, Bill Self and I pay whoever we want to pay, oh yeah.. if you could have some hoodrats get naked on the court that would be awesome too.  Don't worry, if the NCAA says anything I'll tell them to fuck off on an open mic."

Don't be an idiot.

Yeah who could've imagined a crackhead who built his image on drugs wouldn't put on a kid friendly show.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, Beau Vine said:

Lulz they could've just had drug dogs at the door and he would've stayed in his bus.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jhawk said:

Don't be an idiot.

No one cares