Cosmi should starts

Kdub

At first I thought the safety could hit and was disappointed Cosmi did not run the guy over even worse. Then when they showed the replay and I noticed it was the nose tackle, then I thought that is a hell of a big boy collision and was proud that Cosmi lowered that shoulder.

• Like 1

Just now, Lone Star Horn said:

Palmer on College Football Final gave Cosmi a helmet sticker and said, "he was the first ever Big 12 O-Lineman to rush for a touchdown". I know it was a backwards pass so it counts as a run, and it was a 12 yard gain. 

Hard to believe that no other Big 12 O-lineman has rushed for a TD.

I imagine most O-line TDs are passes caught as tackle-eligible players on the goal line.

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

No...you put that on film to make OU LB/DB aggressively defend it and then slip one of the WRs behind them.  This was perfect.

Ok yea I can see that working as well and you can definitely add layers to it for sure. Just would love to see the sooner trash cry over a trick play working. Like boise st did in the fiesta bowl win.

• Like 1

That was a genius level play design.  I have watched football for forty years and I don't recall seeing anyone ever do that...leak the left tackle from his normal formation to the flat to catch a backwards pass from across the field.  Crazy shit.  Cosmi looked great executing and finishing the play.  I hope they work him into some tackle eligible goal line packages.

Can't have a thread without the play...

For the first time I noticed the TD likely doesn't happen without Parker Braun's massive downfield block. Not only does he decleat a DB, but knocks him back into the nosetackle that hits Cosmi. If that doesn't happen, looks like big man could have taken out Cosmi just short..
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lone Star Horn said:

Seeing that replay from the other angle, it looks like they didn't hit helmets. Which is very good for Cosmi.

Still should be a penalty.  Guy was standing in the end zone when contacting, so the play was over.  Shitty officials (partisan?) did not make the call.

48 minutes ago, Hozz said:

That was a genius level play design.  I have watched football for forty years and I don't recall seeing anyone ever do that...leak the left tackle from his normal formation to the flat to catch a backwards pass from across the field.  Crazy shit.  Cosmi looked great executing and finishing the play.  I hope they work him into some tackle eligible goal line packages.

That’s what I thought this was.  Very interesting play design, as mentioned pretty risky.

10 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’m just glad Cosmi didnt get injured. Those are the types of plays guys get knees taken out on. He took a heck of a shot to the helmet too.

I can’t find the quote, but I know on the post game radio show last night they said that he was asked about the big hit at the end. He said he really didn’t even feel it that much, because he was so excited about scoring a touchdown, he was just on cloud 9 crossing the goal line. 

20 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

This guy fucks.  
He’s the one doing all the fucking in the house.

Amirite?

Gutsy playcall by Herman.... think of all the things that could have gone wrong on that play!!

If Cosmi drops it and West Virginia returns the fumble for a Touchdown, Surly would have been like

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gutsy playcall by Herman.... think of all the things that could have gone wrong on that play!!

If Cosmi drops it and West Virginia returns the fumble for a Touchdown, Surly would have been like

giphy.gif

How does it feel to see us with gutsy (and effective in this case) play calling? Scares you to death?