Texas opens as a 10.5 point underdog v Oklahoma

TexasMan

Our coverage was better last night than this time last year. We’re in position to make plays, just have to do it. Plus, Hurts isn’t the QB Murray was. And their defense is still shit. 

And their O-line loss a lot of talent and its showing already.

This game will be weird, I think we win by 10 or get blown out like 2000/2003.

6 hours ago, smwhorn said:

So if you take the points and bet the over on a parlay, Texas needs 32 for a push.  I think we score at least 32.

As a degenerate gambler, I feel obligated to tell you that you cannot push on parlays....you either win or lose.  Ok, back to your discussion.

• Like 1

That's crazy to think about but not at all surprising. We have sucked shit this whole decade up until last year. OU was nowhere near as down as we were even in their off years.

I'm trying to think of any other big time rivalry where one team was favored for a decade straight. Maybe Ohio St Michigan.

2 hours ago, RockwallJim said:

As a degenerate gambler, I feel obligated to tell you that you cannot push on parlays....you either win or lose.  Ok, back to your discussion.

I had one two weeks ago where the first game pushed and I still got paid for the second game I'd parlayed it with. Not sure why.

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

And they won't again.

Fuck OU. Fuck OU so hard. Fuck their stupid inbred trash fans and their stupid land stealing wagon and their irritating fight song that makes me want to claw my eyes out. We are going to fucking hit them in their damn mouths. We are going to wreck these assholes.

In my totally objective opinion.

• Like 4

I feel like this is the game where we allow our zone read runs to actually include Sam.. Its been automatic handoffs no matter what ever single game so far. He's gonna run all over them and it's gonna open up the offense a lot..  

I feel our defense is better than we/others give credit. We have given up a lot of garbage late TDs that misrepresent the outcomes. Its OU so I am betting on our defense doing just enough. Hold them under 38 and we gonna win.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RockwallJim said:

Poor wording on my part.  If the hypothetical gambler took the points on one bet, bet the over on a separate bet and then parlayed the two, he (or she) would at least push the first two bets if the Horns get to 32.

Edited by smwhorn

9 minutes ago, vox said:

Kirk Herbstreit can go fuck himself.

He loves that ousucks cock.  Every goddamn year he does this. 

Fuck! Him!

Yep. Pretty obvious watching that video that he's the guy in that office that nobody likes. Jesus, what a douchebag.

26 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. Pretty obvious watching that video that he's the guy in that office that nobody likes. Jesus, what a douchebag.

He and Fowler both seem like guys who no one wants on their project team.  Fowler is always trying too hard to be “real.”  Herbstreit is so arrogant he brings his kids to meetings. 

9 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I had one two weeks ago where the first game pushed and I still got paid for the second game I'd parlayed it with. Not sure why.

If one leg of a parlay pushes, it is usually treated as if that leg didn't exist (so on a 2 team parlay, you would basically just have a standard bet on the other leg). 

• Like 1

OU 247 mod Alan Hale previews the game from their POV:

Spoiler

The OU - Texas games usually manage to spawn the unexpected. In some ways due to the intense rivalry that generally gives the underdog a dose of ‘super powers’ like a can of Popeye spinach. The underdog can gamble, the favorite must play it safe. And then there’s the curious but accepted ‘referee factor’ that favors the Horns nine times out of ten. Where was the instant reply when Keith Stanberry left 10 feet of skid marks in the endzone? (Heck, where were the refs? Right, standing 3 feet away).

But let’s fast forward to now.

On Saturday, the Longhorns found themselves in a dogfight on the road at West Virginia, only leading by one score entering the third quarter. Austin Kendall, (our former back-up since traded to West Virginia for Jalen Hurts), coughed up four oskies to the Horns Saturday, (and usually a turn-over results in a 3 - 7 point swing). Yet despite four gifts, UT was only able to squeeze out an 11 point win after West Virginia jumped out to a 14-7 lead.

Texas coach Tom Herman praised his defense for making key plays when West Virginia had a chance to retake the lead after halftime. That came as the Longhorns' offense sputtered, punting on four of its first five drives in the second half while also having to overcome an Ehlinger interception.

''We knew this was going to be a really tough environment,'' Herman said. Note to PeeWee: Morgantown is tough, but it ain’t the Cotton Bowl.

However the Sooners, who were as lethargic as the weather in Lawrence, didn’t exactly blow the doors off anyone, (although it was a much better outcome than last year, when OU allowed 40 points in a 15 point win). A few missing starters on the O-line will have Bill Bedenbaugh checking the medical reports on the hour as the Sooners O-line missed numerous blocking assignments, but somehow managed to overcome a laundry list of penalties and beat a Kansas team that may not be as good as the Mountaineers.

Even with erratic play and an obvious effort by KU to run clock, OU still amassed 545 yards, and Lincoln Riley noted that there was plenty of good mixed in with the bad: "What's exciting is you see glimpses of what it can be, and it's on us to turn those glimpses into longer stretches of dominant play," Riley said afterward.

So yes, the Texas defense will be tough. ‘Sam the Man’ will bulldoze his way to numerous first downs, probably a couple of TD’s as well. There will be some disgusting calls, most likely on Parnell Motley, who has the propensity to draw yellow hankies like a magnet, however, from this position, I cannot see Jalen Hurts throwing four picks.

Without the ‘Ref Factor’ this should be a three touchdown OU win, but I suspect the refs will show and we’ll have a dogfight to the finish

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Without the ‘Ref Factor’ this should be a three touchdown OU win, but I suspect the refs will show and we’ll have a dogfight to the finish

Jesus Christ, you droopy-tit, sucking tards.  How about this - can we fucking start here:  maybe get this single call under control, then we'll talk

32542534-a-referee-doing-a-holding-signa

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Reveal hidden contents

The OU - Texas games usually manage to spawn the unexpected. In some ways due to the intense rivalry that generally gives the underdog a dose of ‘super powers’ like a can of Popeye spinach. The underdog can gamble, the favorite must play it safe. And then there’s the curious but accepted ‘referee factor’ that favors the Horns nine times out of ten. Where was the instant reply when Keith Stanberry left 10 feet of skid marks in the endzone? (Heck, where were the refs? Right, standing 3 feet away).

On Saturday, the Longhorns found themselves in a dogfight on the road at West Virginia, only leading by one score entering the third quarter. Austin Kendall, (our former back-up since traded to West Virginia for Jalen Hurts), coughed up four oskies to the Horns Saturday, (and usually a turn-over results in a 3 - 7 point swing). Yet despite four gifts, UT was only able to squeeze out an 11 point win after West Virginia jumped out to a 14-7 lead.

Texas coach Tom Herman praised his defense for making key plays when West Virginia had a chance to retake the lead after halftime. That came as the Longhorns' offense sputtered, punting on four of its first five drives in the second half while also having to overcome an Ehlinger interception.

''We knew this was going to be a really tough environment,'' Herman said. Note to PeeWee: Morgantown is tough, but it ain’t the Cotton Bowl.

However the Sooners, who were as lethargic as the weather in Lawrence, didn’t exactly blow the doors off anyone, (although it was a much better outcome than last year, when OU allowed 40 points in a 15 point win). A few missing starters on the O-line will have Bill Bedenbaugh checking the medical reports on the hour as the Sooners O-line missed numerous blocking assignments, but somehow managed to overcome a laundry list of penalties and beat a Kansas team that may not be as good as the Mountaineers.

Even with erratic play and an obvious effort by KU to run clock, OU still amassed 545 yards, and Lincoln Riley noted that there was plenty of good mixed in with the bad: "What's exciting is you see glimpses of what it can be, and it's on us to turn those glimpses into longer stretches of dominant play," Riley said afterward.

So yes, the Texas defense will be tough. ‘Sam the Man’ will bulldoze his way to numerous first downs, probably a couple of TD’s as well. There will be some disgusting calls, most likely on Parnell Motley, who has the propensity to draw yellow hankies like a magnet, however, from this position, I cannot see Jalen Hurts throwing four picks.

Alan Hale seems like a big asshole. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Spoiler

What an absolutely horrible take, start to finish.

The homeristic bravado and preemptive blaming the refs for a possible close game displayed here would make Billy Liucci blush.

I would be amazed that people pay for this shit, if those people weren't ou fans.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Jesus Christ, you droopy-tit, sucking tards.  How about this - can we fucking start here:  maybe get this single call under control, then we'll talk

32542534-a-referee-doing-a-holding-signa

Without the refs, they don't beat us in the Big 12 title game last year.  They fucked us repeatedly.

• Like 6