Bothered by your ankle monitor? Follow these simple steps to remove it...

Bert Orange

Step 1: don’t pay your bill

fucking Harris County Texas

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-capital-murder-suspect-gps-monitor

capital murder suspect in Texas had a court-ordered ankle monitor removed by the device's operators because the company reportedly said he didn't pay them a monitoring fee to wear the tracker.

Clint Walker, 27, is accused of fatally shooting a man during a November 2016 robbery gone awry. Several months ago, Walker was released on a $100,000 surety bond and ordered to wear the GPS monitor, provided by a company called Guarding Public Safety.

But Walker, according to KHOU, "failed to pay the company his monthly monitoring fee" that was reportedly a condition of his bond, and therefore the company removed the device — leaving authorities unable to track the murder suspect.

If he gets caught, he would go directly to jail - no bond will be offered. And the monitoring service will get fired and be out of business. Doesn't do the accused killer's new victims much good, but at least it is something.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Unless removing ankle bracelets for failure to pay is standard policy, I can't see why law enforcement would continue to use that monitoring service.

I would be willing to bet that Someone Important owns the monitoring service, which is how they got the contract with Harris County in the first place. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

That murderer is gonna kick himself when the collection company starts calling and asking for that monitoring fee that backed up. 

Plus activation fees, admin fees, miscellaneous charges and past due charges. I'd wanna die if I were him. 

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Unless removing ankle bracelets for failure to pay is standard policy, I can't see why law enforcement would continue to use that monitoring service.

I have a sneaking suspicion the owner is embedded deep in the CJ system. Former Judge, prosecutor or the like. They ain't going anywhere.

40 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I would be willing to bet that Someone Important owns the monitoring service, which is how they got the contract with Harris County in the first place. 

This. Crony capitalism, baby. Crony capitalism.