Top Notch coming to South Austin?

Longhorn Al

On 10/8/2019 at 9:55 AM, irishtexan said:

"South Austin's mom is a whore" jokes aside, this is welcome news, as we really needed a fried chicken option south of the river not named "lucy's".

Bill Miller has great fried chicken.  BBQ not so much but the chicken is excellent.

Edited by Felix
grammar
  • Like 2

I saw somewhere that they are threatening to shut the original one down because of the Burnet Rd construction and they will lose an entrance. Not sure if that’s still a thing or not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxan.com/news/proposed-burnet-rd-improvements-worry-businesses-like-iconic-top-notch-hamburgers/amp/

On 10/9/2019 at 12:02 PM, LebongJames said:

I saw somewhere that they are threatening to shut the original one down because of the Burnet Rd construction and they will lose an entrance. Not sure if that’s still a thing or not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxan.com/news/proposed-burnet-rd-improvements-worry-businesses-like-iconic-top-notch-hamburgers/amp/

It'd be a lot cooler if they didn't

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, LebongJames said:

Chester Hunt's Icehouse could also be on the chopping block.  Austin is going to imminent domain their entire parking lot so they can extend Rundberg.

That really sucks because it has become the Mecca of 42 in Texas.  Moreso than even the Dixie Chicken.

2 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Chester Hunt's Icehouse could also be on the chopping block.  Austin is going to imminent domain their entire parking lot so they can extend Rundberg.

That really sucks because it has become the Mecca of 42 in Texas.  Moreso than even the Dixie Chicken.

That would suck.  I assume I was a top 10 customer back 1999-2001.  Spent most every Friday night closing the place down, then at least one other night there.  I didn't realize it became a 42 hotbed.  Too bad it wasn't that way 20 years ago.  Or maybe it's a good thing because I might have spent every night there wrecking shop.

3 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Fuck that. Seriously , Fuck. That.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

Mind bottling.  I’m uphauled.  

• Like 1