Getting to/from the Cotton Bowl - What is best way?

Tailgate

They go to the LHF member season ticket holders in order of the priority points. Points are earned by donations and longevity in holding season tickets, but the donations count much more. If all LHF season ticket holder orders are filled they move on to others. Lately non-priority orders are getting filled, but that could change if we get good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They go to the LHF member season ticket holders in order of the priority points. Points are earned by donations and longevity in holding season tickets, but the donations count much more. If all LHF season ticket holder orders are filled they move on to others. Lately non-priority orders are getting filled, but that could change if we get good.

Thanks! Crazy thought & probably stupid question: Can you get tx-ou tickets by donating but not buying season tickets? I'm guessing the answer is yes ... if you give a shit ton of money, which I can't do.

Edited by wood

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Technically priority orders only go to LHF members who are season holders, but I’m sure if you give enough money they’ll throw a few tickets your way and name a building after you.

Ha! Yep. Maybe right after I win about 20 straight lottos!

Appreciate the good info,,,

Why not just save your money and get two on the secondary market? You can generally find some for about $300 each or less.

As for the route, stay off I30 and I75/45 near Fair Park. Lots of back roads through Deep Ellum. Park near the Fair Park Music Hall. Profit.

14 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Why not just save your money and get two on the secondary market? You can generally find some for about $300 each or less.

As for the route, stay off I30 and I75/45 near Fair Park. Lots of back roads through Deep Ellum. Park near the Fair Park Music Hall. Profit.

Yeah I was starting to go back to this ... a helluva lot less trouble, too.

But then again, I'll want 4 Tx-ou tickets the next 3 or 4 years when I go. For about what 4 tickets would cost me at that price, I could pay for 2 season tickets, + a modest donation to LHF, and 4 face value Tx-ou tickets ... then sell off the unwanted home tickets to get a little of it back.

Edited by wood

24 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I wouldn't count on that, there's going to be a reason they are unwanted

Agree, you'll only make money on the highly desirable home games, which this year are... oof.  And even if there were any desirable home games, I'm assuming  YOU'D want to go to them, rather than sell.  LSU last year was a ton of fun, and the wildest tailgate scene I've encountered since... 2006 Ohio State, probably.

• Like 1