B12 TV Ratings

joeycovers

I did something similar last year and i'll do it this year. I'll list the highest rated Conf Games Followed by OOC Games which will change week by week

Conf Games. These are the only ones worth mentioning at this point. 

1. Ok St @ Texas 3.64M ABC

2. Texas @ WVU 3.16 ABC

3. OU @ Kansas 2.98 FOX

4.TT @ OU 2.81 FOX

5. Iowa St @ Baylor 1.25 ESPN

OOC 

1. LSU @ Texas  8.63M  ABC

2. Houston @ OU 5.44 ABC

3. Ou  @ UCLA 2.74 Fox

4. TT @ Arizona 1.73  ESPN

5. KSt @ MST 1.70 ESPN

6. Iowa @ Iowa St 1.17 FS1

• Like 5

That's good stuff.  I can't already start to wonder where Texas/Kansas State is gonna end up in the pecking order for televising.  So much going on that weekend for a home game.  Great work though.  Have some rep.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Why do we stay in this shit conference and share money to Rapelor and Waco PD?

Because there is a delusion about recruiting here in this state. 

Updated

1. Ou vs Texas 7.25M FOX (3rd highest watched CFB game this year)

2. Ok St @ Texas 3.64M ABC

3. Texas @ WVU 3.16 ABC

4. OU @ Kansas 2.98 FOX

5.TT @ OU 2.81 FOX

6. Iowa St @ WVU 1.57 ESPN

7. Iowa St @ Baylor 1.25 ESPN

Note : This week  WVU @ OU FOX and Baylor @ Ok St FOX both expect decent #'s and will  join this list. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updated

1. Ou vs Texas 7.25M FOX (3rd highest watched CFB game this year)

2. Ou @ KST 4.21 ABC

3. Ok St @ Texas 3.64M ABC

4. Texas @ WVU 3.16 ABC

5. OU @ Kansas 2.98 FOX

6.TT @ OU 2.81 FOX

7. Texas @ TCU 2.58 Fox

8. WVU @ OU 2.54 FOX

9. Baylor @ Ok St 2.23 FOX

10. Iowa St @ WVU 1.57 ESPN

11. Iowa St @ Baylor 1.25 ESPN

Top 5 Nationally watched games this year

1. ND @ UGA  9.29 CBS

2. LSU @ Texas 8.63 ABC

3. Texas vs OU 7.25 FOX

4. Auburn @ LSU 7.18 CBS

5. Oregon vs Auburn 6.86 ABC

No clue how FOX keeps Getting Tx/Ou game. I believe they have had it 3/4 years and it continues to have huge ratings. 

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Fox and ABC get to choose a game. ABC went first and picked LSU @ Texas. Then Fox went next and picked Texas OU. Next year, I'd imagine Texas OU will be on ABC if they get first choice as Texas @ Lsu will be ESPN/CBS. 

I would love to be in the room as they are discussing games to draft. 

Updated 11/12/19

1. Ou vs Texas 7.25M FOX (4th highest watched CFB game this year)

2. Ou @ KST 4.21 ABC

3. Ok St @ Texas 3.64M ABC

4. Iowa St @ OU 3.17 FOX

5. Texas @ WVU 3.16 ABC

6. OU @ Kansas 2.98 FOX

7.TT @ OU 2.81 FOX

8. Texas @ TCU 2.58 Fox

9. WVU @ OU 2.54 FOX

10. Baylor @ Ok St 2.23 FOX

Top 6 Nationally watched games this year

1. LSU @ Bama 16.64M CBS (Crazy high number for a regular season game) 

2. ND @ UGA  9.29 CBS

3. LSU @ Texas 8.63 ABC

4. Texas vs OU 7.25 FOX

5. Auburn @ LSU 7.18 CBS

5. Oregon vs Auburn 6.86 ABC

15 hours ago, Zavala said:

They REALLY want to push this Baylor v. BlowU game.

Sadly, gotta root for BlowU on this one, best chance for us to make the shit12 ship in jerry world.

You do not ever have to root for OU, and you never should. It’s amazing to me how often Texas fans apply tortured logic that leads them to root for OU, only to have it intellectually blow up in their face. Our behaviors mean nothing for the outcomes of a game, except with our own psyche. I’ve seen it over and over again with folks on the boards who attempt their own deal with the devil and then they have to manage the shame and regret afterwards. 

If OU is playing the Taliban, you’ll spot me in the stands wearing a fucking turban. There is never a right time to cheer for OU. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You do not ever have to root for OU, and you never should. It’s amazing to me how often Texas fans apply tortured logic that leads them to root for OU, only to have it intellectually blow up in their face. Our behaviors mean nothing for the outcomes of a game, except with our own psyche. I’ve seen it over and over again with folks on the boards who attempt their own deal with the devil and then they have to manage the shame and regret afterwards. 

If OU is playing the Taliban, you’ll spot me in the stands wearing a fucking turban. There is never a right time to cheer for OU. 

It's not really tortured logic, if Baylor wins then it's blowU v. Baylor in the big12 ship. If blowU wins then we can beat Baylor and get to glory hole world.

How bout this, I'll root against Baylor. Maybe cross my fingers and hope for a bunch of key injuries since we play em next...

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You do not ever have to root for OU, and you never should. It’s amazing to me how often Texas fans apply tortured logic that leads them to root for OU, only to have it intellectually blow up in their face. Our behaviors mean nothing for the outcomes of a game, except with our own psyche. I’ve seen it over and over again with folks on the boards who attempt their own deal with the devil and then they have to manage the shame and regret afterwards.  If OU is playing the Taliban, you’ll spot me in the stands wearing a fucking turban. There is never a right time to cheer for OU. 

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Zavala said:

It's not really tortured logic, if Baylor wins then it's blowU v. Baylor in the big12 ship. If blowU wins then we can beat Baylor and get to glory hole world.

How bout this, I'll root against Baylor. Maybe cross my fingers and hope for a bunch of key injuries since we play em next...

Fair enough. To be clear, the tortured logic is finding any reason at all to cheer for OU, irrespective of how you think it *might* ultimately benefit Texas. It's part of the spectrum of mental/emotional risk espoused within the "The Zen Master, The Boy, & The Horse" parable.

I understand rooting for OU over Baylor bc it's the most direct path for Texas to get to the CCG - OU wins and Texas needs no more help. It isn't the only way though.

If OU loses to Baylor, a two loss OU will be visiting a ranked 8-3 OSU team on a four game win streak in Stillwater to end the season. That's no definitely no layup. TCU also has the defense to hang with OU if they can get anything out of their offense, though I doubt they can win the game. OU drops one of those and it's out of the CCG entirely.

Honestly the latter is preferable for Texas because Baylor is a better matchup and it would lock OU out of a conference title.

All of thay said, this is moot because Texas isn't winning out. And OU is probably going to rock Baylor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Final Regular Season TV Ratings. Not counting Championship Weekend. 

Few things that jump out.. The obvious of UT and OU will always drive the viewers. Winning Trumps all

FOX has become THE spot for Marquee B12 matchups. 

FOX has also become a major player nationally. They have 2 of the top 4 and 3 of the top 7 games this season. ABC seemed to not have many big primetime games at night and it showed in the #'s

1. Ou vs Texas 7.25M FOX (7th most watched CFB game this year)

2. OU @ Baylor 6.79 FOX (10th most)

3. Ou @ Ok St 5.82 Fox

4. Ou @ KST 4.21 ABC

5. Ok St @ Texas 3.64M ABC

6. Iowa St @ OU 3.17 FOX

7. Texas @ WVU 3.16 ABC

8. TCU @ OU 3.15 Fox

9. OU @ Kansas 2.98 FOX

10. TT @ Texas 2.89 FOX

11.TT @ OU 2.81 FOX

12. Texas @ TCU 2.58 Fox

13. WVU @ OU 2.54 FOX

14. Baylor @ Ok St 2.23 FOX

Top 10 Nationally watched games this year

1. LSU @ Bama 16.64M CBS (Crazy high number for a regular season game) 

2. Osu @ Mich 12.42 FOX

3. Bama @ Aub 11.43 CBS

4. Penn St @ Ohio St 9.43 FOX

5. ND @ UGA  9.29 CBS

6. LSU @ Texas 8.63 ABC

7. Texas vs OU 7.25 FOX

8. Auburn @ LSU 7.18 CBS

9. Oregon vs Auburn 6.86 ABC

10. Ou @ Baylor 6.79  ABC

OU does better than us in conference tv eyeballs?  Makes sense.  They are about winning and hardware.  We are about mid tier bowl games and culture.  

this kinda shit is gonna bite us in the add on the next contract re-up

Conference championship weekend

Date/time Game Net Rtg. +/- Vwrs. +/-
12/7, 4:00p LSU-UGA
SEC Championship
CBS 7.9 -22% 13.70M -22%
12/7, 8:00p OSU-WISC
Big Ten Championship
FOX 7.6 +52% 13.55M +56%
12/7, Noon OKLA-BYLR
Big 12 Championship
ABC 5.5 -11% 8.70M -14%
12/6, 8:00p ORE-UTA
Pac-12 Championship
ABC 3.5 +35% 5.86M +44%
12/7, 7:30p CLEM-UVA
ACC Championship
ABC 2.4 -4% 3.97M -6%
12/7, 3:30p MEM-CIN
AAC Championship
ABC 1.9 -10% 2.88M -13%
12/7, Noon APP ST-LA
Sun Belt Championship
ESPN 0.48 -16% 726K -19%
12/7, 4:00p BOISE ST-HAWI
MWC Championship
ESPN 0.37 -37% 550K -47%
12/7, Noon MIA (OH)-CMU
MAC Championship
ESPN2 0.24 -37% 358K -39%

Interesting.  The lack of Alabama harmed the SEC CCG, and the lack of Texas harmed the B12 CCG.  

Not sure what helped the B1G CCG more, having an undefeated Ohio State rather than last year's 1-loss team, or having a more attractive opponent in Wisconsin, than Northwestern.  Probably some of both.  Well, that and the ACC game it was up against just being a complete dog.

32 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Interesting.  The lack of Alabama harmed the SEC CCG, and the lack of Texas harmed the B12 CCG.  

Not sure what helped the B1G CCG more, having an undefeated Ohio State rather than last year's 1-loss team, or having a more attractive opponent in Wisconsin, than Northwestern.  Probably some of both.  Well, that and the ACC game it was up against just being a complete dog.

My guess is that going into the second half Ohio State was losing 21-7.   Upsets and close games get watched more than blowouts, by and large.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Bama had nothing to do with the poor SEC ratings. Everyone knew Georgia was a fraud and LSU was going to roll them.

I'm not sure I'd say their ratings were "poor"-- just decreased from last year.

And I don't think the evidence supports your assertion.  Just a couple posts up from the CCG ratings, is the Top 10 for the season.  Alabama-LSU and Alabama-Auburn were two of the top 3.  People tune in for Alabama, and if it had been Alabama-Georgia the ratings would have likely been much better.

10 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'm not sure I'd say their ratings were "poor"-- just decreased from last year.

And I don't think the evidence supports your assertion.  Just a couple posts up from the CCG ratings, is the Top 10 for the season.  Alabama-LSU and Alabama-Auburn were two of the top 3.  People tune in for Alabama, and if it had been Alabama-Georgia the ratings would have likely been much better.

Bama is the brand that will draw on its own, especially to see if they lose.   But, more importantly, that game was a blow out.   If that game came down to the last play the ratings would have been higher, but Georgia couldn't even keep themselves awake.  In 2018 Alabama had to come back in the fourth to beat Georgia.   It was a more competitive game.   That boosts ratings.