Allsup’s sold to Yesway

RPM

Over 300 Allsup’s Convenience Stores to be sold to Yesway

Yesway announced Tuesday that it had entered a definitive agreement to purchase Allsup’s Convenience Stores.

The Clovis-based retailer currently owns and operates over 300 stores across Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma.

Prior to the sale of several stores to Georgia-based Major’s Management, there were roughly 20 Allsups locations in Lubbock and surrounding counties.

Yesway Chairman and CEO Thomas Nicholas Trkla said the company will continue to offer many of Allsup’s products and services, “including – without question – the world-famous Allsup’s Burrito,” he said.

Yesway is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa and Abilene and has acquired over 150 convenience stores in 9 states.

Most of Allsup's stores are rundown pieces of shit in my experience. They've built some new stores in the last few years, but the majority are worn out trash. The one in my small town has been without a/c for going on 5 years. Pretty sure that was the last time the bathroom was cleaned, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Whataburger ruined by Chicago, and now Allsup's about to be ruined by Iowa.

Go gitcha some of these now, before they're gone forever!

Allsups-Burrito.jpg?w=630&h=633&q=75

I was in Allsup's country over the last weekend.....there were NO burrito's at any of the stores....girl behind the counter told me if I came across a store that some don't eat it!......(recalled)? She said they were suppose to be getting a fresh supply any day now

On 10/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, RPM said:

Most of Allsup's stores are rundown pieces of shit in my experience. They've built some new stores in the last few years, but the majority are worn out trash. The one in my small town has been without a/c for going on 5 years. Pretty sure that was the last time the bathroom was cleaned, too.

Yeah, so?  How are the burritos?

• 2 weeks later...

Santa Fe paper today had some details on the sale - 

Spoiler

The next 18 months or so will see change — and things stay the same — at Clovis-based Allsup’s Convenience Stores, where the name and popular burrito will remain, but new technology and store renovations will update the company.

Yesway, the Des Moines, Iowa-based convenience store brand of BW Gas & Convenience Holdings LLC, expects to close on the acquisition of the family-owned 304-store Allsup’s chain by the end of October or early November, Yesway CEO Tom Trkla said.

Yesway and Allsup’s staffs already are collaborating to integrate Allsup’s into Yesway. Trkla wants the conversion completed by the time the sale closes.

“As of Day One, everyone has their job and no stores will be closed,” Trkla said.

Allsup’s stores will be renovated as needed on a store-by-store basis. Yesway technology, particularly at the point of sale, will be incorporated. This ultimately will allow Allsup’s to offer loyalty and fleet cards, Trkla said.

“We are not going to change the name Allsup’s,” Trkla said. “We may even change some of the Yesway stores to Allsup’s.”

Trkla also plans to introduce the Allsup’s Burrito in Yesway stores in Texas and Oklahoma and possibly all nine states where Yesway has stores.

Allsup’s has 10 stores in Santa Fe and 116 in New Mexico. The others are in Texas and Oklahoma.

Allsup’s was founded in 1956 by Lonnie and Barbara Allsup. After Lonnie Allsup died in January 2018, his son, Mark Allsup, returned to the company as president to ultimately sell the chain.

“We are caretakers of Lonnie and Barbara’s legacy,” Trkla said. “It’s a very well-operated chain.”

Yesway since December 2015 has acquired 117 stores in nine states. The Allsup’s acquisition is by far Yesway’s largest and triples its store count as the company seeks to expand to 500 or 600 stores, Trkla said.

Trkla has known Mark Allsup for four years, and Allsup has assisted Yesway in several of its prior acquisitions. All Yesway stores came through acquisitions. Yesway has built no stores but has done many major renovations, Trkla said.

Trkla noted Allsup’s strength is destination food service, while Yesway has the advantage with technology. The Allsup’s food-service platform may spread across the Yesway network in nine states, most in the Midwest.

Yesway is an affiliate company of Brookwood Financial Partners, a Beverly, Mass., private-equity real estate investment firm.

The Allsup’s in Aspermont is staffed by (middle-aged) ladies that obviously love their jobs, watch everyone like a hawk after greeting them through the door, and has the cleanest restrooms between Abilene Starbucks and Amarillo.  I always figured they owned stock—please, Yankees, don’t mess that one up!

• Like 1

I’ve enjoyed many Allsup’s burritos on road trips but I never ate from the one in my hometown. It’s now been replaced by the new fancy store but the old one smelled like rancid grease, no pay at the pump and god help you if you went in the bathroom. What used to bother me the most was the cashier who had the thickest mustache I have ever seen on a woman (no tranny)

Anyone ever bought the Allsup’s brand bottled water? I got it once cause it was cheap and it tasted like a feed lot. Then I read the label and it said the water source was the City of Amarillo water supply.

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Yesway is an affiliate company of Brookwood Financial Partners, a Beverly, Mass., private-equity real estate investment firm

We are not going to change the name Allsup’s,” Trkla said. “We may even change some of the Yesway stores to Allsup’s.”

giphy.gif

No way huey.  We don't belive YouHuey.  

About two months ago I was meeting with a ranch manager somewhere near Monahans or McCamey or some shit hole like that. As I was about to leave, I asked if there was a decent place to grab lunch somewhere nearby. He said "There's an Allsup's in town."

Bathroom was filthy, burrito was delicious, hag behind the counter was friendly.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:33 AM, Incredulity said:

Yesway is an affiliate company of Brookwood Financial Partners, a Beverly, Mass., private-equity real estate investment firm

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yesway sounds a little money launder-y

article-2543619-1AD553BB00000578-768_634

• 3 years later...
On 10/25/2019 at 11:03 PM, Beau Vine said:

I would kill a bitch for an Allsup's in San Marcos.  

Why the hell does Hamilton get an Allsups?

They're slowly moving SE like a spring storm. They're close to 35 now with stores in Whitney and Gatesville. They're E of I35 in Northern DFW now too.

7 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

When returning to Hobbs after a family’s shopping day at South Plains Mall, the Allsup’s in Seminole always had a 32 oz coffee to get me that last 70 miles.  Never bought anything else but sure as hell appreciated that coffee.

You need 32 oz of coffee to drive 30* miles?

• Haha 1

They are expanding east from Stephenville over to Granbury, at least that is what Austin Allsup told CHIEF Jr. Yesway is looking to expand the brand pretty hard. With CHIEF Jr. graduating, this could not have happened at a better time. Apparently they are going to build one right outside our back gate at the corner of Hwy. 144 and FM 2425 between Glen Rose and Granbury.

One of the big stakeholders in Yesway (also the closest Yesway to me), lives in Graham, I leased his place for O&G back in 2015.

CHIEF

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

An Iowa based corporation taking over the World Famous Burrito promises to be like a Chicago based private equity firm that took a big position in a Texas burger chain.    

I took an extended National Park road trip through CO/UT/AZ/NM last fall, and sampled numerous Allsups locations on my way there and back. Happy to report that 3+ years after the start of this thread, Allsups is still putting out a consistent product that'll make a fine turd. I'll be geeked if they ever get within striking distance of Austin. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I took an extended National Park road trip through CO/UT/AZ/NM last fall, and sampled numerous Allsups locations on my way there and back. Happy to report that 3+ years after the start of this thread, Allsups is still putting out a consistent product that'll make a fine turd. I'll be geeked if they ever get within striking distance of Austin. 

They are pulled straight from the freezer, and dropped in 375 degree oil for seven minutes. It’s foolproof. Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas are in for a treat. They will have to add a dining room. 

CHIEF

On 4/12/2023 at 7:45 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

An Iowa based corporation taking over the World Famous Burrito promises to be like a Chicago based private equity firm that took a big position in a Texas burger chain.    

I've had an Allsup's burrito (traveled through the panhandle en route to Tucson a couple years ago).  If you think deep frying frozen food is a matter of geography, I don't know what to say.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I've had an Allsup's burrito (traveled through the panhandle en route to Tucson a couple years ago).  If you think deep frying frozen food is a matter of geography, I don't know what to say.

You all call grilling hot dogs, corn on the cob,  and hamburgers a BBQ.     Texans call smoking a brisket or ribs a BBQ.   

So yes I question it,    LOL!