Houston Oilers

tx 3 putt

Yeah fuck everyone related to the Oilers leaving town. Had they left the name and records behind like Modell did in Cleveland it would have been worth it to get rid of Bud "You can't tailgate" Adams but since that disgusting vile piece of shit got to keep the name and records the city of Houston still ultimately lost in the end.

FUCK!!!

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

On a positive note, I have long been in the actively rooting against the Texans camp, and it has been one of the most rewarding fan experiences I have ever had in 40-plus years of three-sport fandom. It's like pulling for the Ruth-Gehrig Yankees. The Texans are the perpetual 1927 Yankees of mediocrity and if you are aligned with that fact and pull for disappointments and sorrow, you are endlessly rewarded.

And you get a new favorite NFL team every week.

I really admire this level of pettiness. It is what makes being a sportsfan great.

49 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Name a coach who was/is more loved by his players than Bum was. Great nfl films video about him. Playing cards, dominoes with players. Having Saturday walk thru with players kids, dogs. Convinced those guys would have given anything for Bum.

Yeah my mom was a flight attendant for Braniff and they used to have the contract for the Oilers before they chartered private jets.  She has photos of Bum and Pastorini holding me as an infant. I'm sure it was the lowlight of their professional careers but they were still good sports.  Glad I didn't have a boat for Pastorini to drive at the time...

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah fuck everyone related to the Oilers leaving town. Had they left the name and records behind like Modell did in Cleveland it would have been worth it to get rid of Bud "You can't tailgate" Adams but since that disgusting vile piece of shit got to keep the name and records the city of Houston still ultimately lost in the end.

FUCK!!!

Bud Adams and the Oilers didn’t control, have any say over, or get any revenue from parking or concessions, the Astros owner (via ownership of the HCSA) owned all of that.  Typical misinformed shit....

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I sure as hell don't recall that cheap ass fuck offering to pay for a third of anything.  I knew from the day that he started demanding a new stadium that the Oilers were gone.  Fuck him now and forever.

And he offered to put up $75 million for the estimated $235 million stadium. That’s a great deal looking back at it now, especially seeing as how Houston and Harris County have built brand-new venues for the Astros, Texans, Rockets and Dynamo.

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/it-was-bud-adams-not-the-fans-who-caused-the-oilers-move-to-nashville-9175804

14 hours ago, Ignatius said:

And he offered to put up $75 million for the estimated $235 million stadium. That’s a great deal looking back at it now, especially seeing as how Houston and Harris County have built brand-new venues for the Astros, Texans, Rockets and Dynamo.

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/it-was-bud-adams-not-the-fans-who-caused-the-oilers-move-to-nashville-9175804

That stadium would have been obsolete in 5 years.  You can’t do basketball and football in the same venue.  See the Alamodome. So it would have been another couple hundred million pissed away.  From your article, bud blackmailed the city into renovating the astrodome by threatening the Jacksonville move. When the renovated astrodome opened in 1989, Bud called it the best stadium in the NFL.  4 years later he’s blackmailing again.  

I like the part where that dickhead didn’t even consult Alexander about the joint stadium.  Fans were pissed Bud tore apart the 93 team. They were mad we were 2-14 when Bud started threatening to move the team just 4 years after we renovated. 

Fuck Bud Adams and his shitty hair piece

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

That stadium would have been obsolete in 5 years.  You can’t do basketball and football in the same venue.  See the Alamodome. So it would have been another couple hundred million pissed away.  From your article, bud blackmailed the city into renovating the astrodome by threatening the Jacksonville move. When the renovated astrodome opened in 1989, Bud called it the best stadium in the NFL.  4 years later he’s blackmailing again.  

I like the part where that dickhead didn’t even consult Alexander about the joint stadium.  Fans were pissed Bud tore apart the 93 team. They were mad we were 2-14 when Bud started threatening to move the team just 4 years after we renovated. 

Fuck Bud Adams and his shitty hair piece

Granted, that stadium was never going to be built for a million reasons.  The architects did have a great design though; essentially the lowest two (of three levels) in one end zone would be on tracks, where they could slide all the way to the other end of the football field to serve as sldeline seating for a basketball configuration.  A false ceiling would then drop down to completely hide the upper deck, so that essentially from the floor it would look more or less like a typical 2-tier basketball arena with no empty upper deck, big-ass curtain, etc.

As far as the blackmail part, as badass as the old scoreboard was it was barely economically feasible for an NFL team to play in a 45K-seat stadium in 1987, especially when the team got no money from parking or concessions.  Whether it was Bud Adams or any other owner, the days of the Dome were numbered already...

Edited by Ignatius

On 10/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

My avatar. I hate that I can’t get Willie to fit

What, I mean no one? No one is going to rip that into the centerfield stands? Just gonna let that one pass right by? Fine.

It is this board's understanding that that has never been an issue for you. HEYO!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Came across this on YouTube. Last ever Houston Oilers playoff game. What a disappointment and another terrible childhood memory of mine.

two favorite memories of that game : drunk fat guy couple of rows in front of us, starts a 'fight' and gets clocked. security comes down, drunk fat guy's buddy flashes his HPD badge and tell them they're both HPD lulz. nothing to see here. leaving the game, drunk oiler fan gets takes a swing at a KC fan, misses and falls down. everyone laughs at him  lulz

the cash twins were two of my fave UT players. saw them in HS. wish UT would have landed the Holmes qb, odom too. 

10 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Came across this on YouTube. Last ever Houston Oilers playoff game. What a disappointment and another terrible childhood memory of mine.

Oh fuck yeah I remember this game.

I also remember at halftime I had my cock sliding between my girlfriends huge titties because her parents were at the game and we were fucking in every room of the house while they were gone all weekend.

37 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I also remember at halftime I had my cock sliding between my girlfriends huge titties because her parents were at the game and we were fucking in every room of the house while they were gone all weekend.

as someone that went to the game, you had a better day 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

My last Oilers game.  I was a senior in high school.  Moon had a terrible game.  

Yeah he was shit that game although to fair I think he got sacked (literally) 10 times.  That fucking long TD down the sidelines that somehow went right under Cris Dishman’s armpit and that wounded duck 40+ yard play to Cash still kill me....

Edited by Ignatius

On 1/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, UDontKnow said:

I also was there. Hmm, at least I got to see Montana play in person, I guess ?

Just now, texasdago said:

Even with those crappy memories, I miss those memories.  I'd rather have the Oilers back.  Somewhere I have an autograph from when I met Bum at the Simonton rodeo.  Good times.

Bum and his wife Debbie used to shop at a store where I sacked groceries.  He would come in and buy a case of Days Work chewing tobacco every Friday.

I was too young to really get into Luv Ya Blue.  But I sure loved listening to him on KTRH call the games.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...