Houston Oilers

tx 3 putt

I was a kid at the time, but I remember watching Buddy take a swing at Gilbride. It wasn't until years later that I realized it meant that team was dysfunctional AF.  Pardee was the wrong guy to lead that collection of coaches and players, especially not putting Buddy in his place. Complete waste of one of the most talented teams ever.

Edited by redswingline

On 1/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, mulletpelini said:

Oh fuck yeah I remember this game.

I also remember at halftime I had my cock sliding between my girlfriends huge titties because her parents were at the game and we were fucking in every room of the house while they were gone all weekend.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, UDontKnow said:

Came across this on YouTube. Last ever Houston Oilers playoff game. What a disappointment and another terrible childhood memory of mine.

Like an idiot, I watched this hoping Moon could lead a late comeback.  Shouldn't have lost that game.

• Like 1

I was heartbroken when that scumbag Adams stole off in the night with my team.  Bringing the colors to Tennessee messed with my emotional response for years.

I guess my best individual personal memory was probably in 1980 and it was at the "Club no Minors" at El Patio off Westheimer.  I had never been to the place before and Bum Phillips was in there drunk as a skunk, as was anyone who was there for any length of time.  He was having a grand time, and it was fun to observe.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I was heartbroken when that scumbag Adams stole off in the night with my team.  Bringing the colors to Tennessee messed with my emotional response for years.

I guess my best individual personal memory was probably in 1980 and it was at the "Club no Minors" at El Patio off Westheimer.  I had never been to the place before and Bum Phillips was in there drunk as a skunk, as was anyone who was there for any length of time.  He was having a grand time, and it was fun to observe.  

Club No Minor

• Like 1

Justin bieber writes better songs that that. That is terrible.

Goddamnit. I should neg you for what is quite possibly the worst possible post in the history of Hornsfans, Shaggy, and Surly combined. Goddamn son. This is just terrible. I hope Earl runs your ass over in the next life.

Goddamnit. I should neg you for what is quite possibly the worst possible post in the history of Hornsfans, Shaggy, and Surly combined. Goddamn son. This is just terrible. I hope Earl runs your ass over in the next life.
Its cheesey and it took about 15 minutes to write. Singing "houston oilers, houston oilers, houston Oilers #1" 86 times in a "song" isnt exactly a song. And the irony of #1 is also comical.

Come at me bro.
  • Fuck You 2

If you didn't grow up in either Houston or in SA where you were a fan of both the Cowboys and the Oilers, you wouldn't get it.  That song has more meaning than you will ever know.  There was absolutely nothing like walking into the Astrodome and hearing that song blare with 50k Oilers fans waving their Blue and White pom poms while Earl was running people over.  That song is Texas and should never be mocked.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 7:14 PM, WBT said:

That was a complete failure by Buddy Ryan.  Montana burned him on a blitz early and he turtled for the rest of the game.

Vintage Buddy. Just keep throwing blitzes until he’d get burned. He had the fortune of not having to face terribly sophisticated offenses very often, but when he did it wasn’t a shock to see said offenses light him up. In the game before the winning streak started, the Bills lit them up for about 400 yards and 35 points...then he had the benefit of facing a bunch of offensive schlubs and that SF game was played on that shit field that provided no real footing for offensive players.

Edited by hpslugga

Went to my first Oiler game in 62 at Jeppesen Stadium in the rain against the NY Titans. Sold peanuts at the dome to watch all of the home games and then after college had season tickets until they announced they were leaving. I remember all of the Steeler games. We always had a late arriving crowd due to church but when ever the Steelers came to the dome, the stands were full by 11 and I suspect that many churches were empty. Bud taking my team away is another reason to hate Kansas.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, markstanco said:

Oh and to pour more salt in the houston wound, thank Michael jordan for baseball and not basketball when yall won those nba championships * Also, same with the astros cheating. *

But yall are fine with those * like aggy.

One more to put on the ignore list

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Texans uniforms are the worst in the nfl by far, they just need to buy out the rights from the Adams family and be the Oilers again.  Possibly the best uniforms ever.  I really think a lot of people would be more Houston NFL fans if their mascot and logo weren’t so shitty and they were the Oliers again, as superficial as it sounds.  Whoever decided on the Texans should be shot. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 10:23 PM, markstanco said:

Its cheesey and it took about 15 minutes to write. Singing "houston oilers, houston oilers, houston Oilers #1" 86 times in a "song" isnt exactly a song. And the irony of #1 is also comical.

Come at me bro.

It was great because it was our fight song and even Bud couldn't take it away from us.

I know it’s hard.  I’m an oiler fan too.  The simple truth is that Houston let go of what it loved.  Ultimately Houston is to blame.  That’s all.  Blaming Adams is dysfunctional.  The oilers would have stayed but Houston didn’t do what it had to do to keep them.  Blaming a “jerk” as the reason Houston chose to let the Oilers go is weak.  Houston still let them go, and the reason doesn’t matter.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I really think a lot of people would be more Houston NFL fans if their mascot and logo weren’t so shitty and they were the Oliers again, as superficial as it sounds. 

That clown show organization doesn't deserve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRONG HORN said:

That's what you get Houston for letting your team go.  It's H-town's fault they're gone.  Not Adams.  

jon stewart middle finger GIF

except it’s 100% Bud Adams fault, may his soul continue to rot in hell. And his daughter doing the Oilers uniform thing when they play the Texans just to poke a stick in a Houston’s eye earns her cunt ass a spot right next to Bud.

• Hook 'Em 4

Adams was quite simply an ass.  And a greedy one.  Sugar is just better than Vinegar, for example. 

Ahh... I loved the Oilers growing up in Houston.  I forgot about it but this thread reminded me.  My greatest fighting accomplishment (OK I was like 12) was winning a fight with two sons of an Oiler linemen.  An older teenager Ricky Cluet? saved my ass.  They were about to take me on two on one, and he stepped in to make it a fair fight, one at a time.  

I also remember some Neighbors one street over winning some playoff tickets to an Oiler game.  Apparently the tickets were just to get them out of the house.  With everyone tuned to the game, they backed in a truck and cleaned them out.  

But on the Bright side! When I came up to Texas my freshman year, I took pot luck just to meet different people.  Little did I know I would room to nearly psychotic St. Marks kids from Dallas.  They were getting the fucking Dallas Cowboy Weekly delivered.  Thank the Lord for Earl Campbell helping kick Dallas's ass that Freshman year, With Staubach, Peason and Dorsett.  Earl ripped off a couple big ones.  Just went back and looked at the Box score.  30-27 Houston Earl had TD runs of 61 and 27 yards! God Bless Earl Campbell, for had Dallas won I would have had to listen to Dallas shit for weeks and weeks! 

rter Tm Detail HOU DAL
1 Cowboys Drew Pearson 56 yard pass from Roger Staubach (Rafael Septien kick) 0 7
  Oilers Earl Campbell 61 yard rush (Toni Fritsch kick) 7 7
  Cowboys Robert Newhouse 21 yard pass from Roger Staubach (Rafael Septien kick) 7 14
2 Oilers Toni Fritsch 27 yard field goal 10 14
  Cowboys Tony Dorsett 1 yard rush (Rafael Septien kick) 10 21
  Oilers Earl Campbell 27 yard rush (Toni Fritsch kick) 17 21
3 Oilers Mike Renfro 47 yard pass from Dan Pastorini 23 21
4 Cowboys Rafael Septien 44 yard field goal 23 24
  Oilers Ken Burrough 32 yard pass from Dan Pastorini (Toni Fritsch kick) 30 24

Still Luv ya Blue!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Haywood Jeffries, my uncle's favorite player(besides Earl)

s-l1600.jpg

Amazingly enough, it was spelled Jeffires. The first time I saw him play in preseason I thought they had fucked up and just misspelled his name on his jersey…

Edited by Ignatius