NLCS: Nationals vs Cardinals

Pimphand

Today begins the hunt for Red October which red will win?

Seems the ESPN prognosticators are all lining up with Washington due to lineup and starting pitching since both teams have sketchy bullpens but clearly Washington's takes the sketch lead there.

I'm thinking Nationals in six but as an Astros fan I'd rather face the Cardinals after the 2004 & 2005 ALCS matchups and being a former division rival (Bud Selig still sucks just not as much as OU)

As a Cardinals fan who has begrudgingly grown to appreciate the Astros, I'd prefer to see a StL-Yankee World Series just because I hate NYY and want to see StL pull a little closer in the WS title race, and I don't want to root against the Astros.

But that's a ways down the road.  I'm pretty sure our good run is about to come to an end.  This Cardinals team just isn't close to one for the ages.

Hudson is also out for game 1 on paternity leave and possibly game 2 so that royally fucks the Nationals because the shittiest bullpen went from 2 high leverage arms down to one (Dolittle)

St Louis needs to be making Sanchez throw as many pitches as they can each at bat.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

As a Cardinals fan who has begrudgingly grown to appreciate the Astros, I'd prefer to see a StL-Yankee World Series just because I hate NYY and want to see StL pull a little closer in the WS title race, and I don't want to root against the Astros.

But that's a ways down the road.  I'm pretty sure our good run is about to come to an end.  This Cardinals team just isn't close to one for the ages.

Maybe most of the lineup learned how to hit in the last couple of days...  You ever consider that?

26 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Former Marlins’ President... 

To be fair, it is his 3rd child. Not saying it’s “inexcusable”, but I was listening to the game as I was driving home and even the nationals radio team thought it was an interesting decision. They were saying all the right things, but it was pretty obvious they’ve been questioning that decision off air.

”his priorities are definitely in the right place. Biggest game of his life, but that doesn’t compare to the birth of his 3rd child”

-me sounding like them-

Edited by youdunnf'dup

13 minutes ago, pops said:

Not with the cards swiping at it. Fucker could get his 2nd no hitter. 

I’ve been watching this game on mute for most of the game while doing other things. I didn’t realize this was still a no hitter until you said. Wow. I guess that’s one way to avoid a sketchy bullpen 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

Former Marlins’ President... 

Man, Twitter responders are just like CR:  the most insufferable ignorant morons you can find.  His wife already gave brith this morning.  No one is saying he should have missed that, but he could have flown in this evening for the game.  Not that logic or facts ever matter to the self-righteous virtue posers.