Jump to content
Pimphand

NLCS: Nationals vs Cardinals

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Ozuna not selling out for that ball is everything. What’s the worst that happens? Two runs score?

His agent must be fucking pissed knowing he can really only market to 15 teams this offseason now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Cardinals are a decent team but they don't really belong here.  They've been absolutely atrocious at the plate this series and have a .185 xwoba  so far, which is worse than what hitters have done against Gerrit Cole (.238) this season.  

I’ve said that for a while now. Entering the postseason they had no starters batting over .300.

That isn’t going to get your far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

The baby shark bit is terrible.  

You’re wrong. It’s fun. I mean it’s no “driving a car” or “big bear” salute or whatever dumb hit celebration your team did all year, but the way these guys have fun out there is infectious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

spacer.png

suck it haters

You’re right.  It’s cool.  Just like “Take On Me.”

Don’t get me wrong.  I love the Nats.  Probably my third favorite team.  I was in the park for Stras’s debut.   I’m really, really happy for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The Cardinals are a decent team but they don't really belong here.  They've been absolutely atrocious at the plate this series and have a .185 xwoba  so far, which is worse than what hitters have done against Gerrit Cole (.238) this season.  

You're absolutely correct.  The Braves should have been awarded the NLDS win and advanced because they had the higher xwoba.  Perhaps MLB will adopt that as a rule when they do the new collective bargaining agreement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he's leaving Corbin in just to get 5 ip for the win at this point right?

Edited by WBT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is getting more interesting than I thought it would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nats and the Baby Shark are annoying as all fuck, but it's the Cardinals in the other dugout, so... 

Go Nats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to take this opportunity to say Fuck The Cardinals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Guess the Cardinals were only mostly dead

Reports of their death may have been greatly exaggerated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see Washington finally make it to a World Series. Hopefully their first trip will go like the Astros first trip (lose in 4 games)... Assuming the Astros also make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UTHornFan014 said:

Glad to see Washington finally make it to a World Series. Hopefully their first trip will go like the Astros first trip (lose in 4 games)... Assuming the Astros also make it.

Yankees-Nats would be The Acela Series

Astros-Nats would be A Swamp vs The Swamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time a team swept the LCS and won the World Series?

Edit: Since MLB made the LCS a 7 game series in 1985 the only team to sweep the LCS and win the World Series is the 1995 Atlanta Braves

Edited by Pimphand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

 

That's like Peter McNeeley congratulating Mike Tyson on a tough scrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

 

To be fair, they can’t really put “Congrats on the smooth ass raping” on their official social media.  

Edited by Guadaloopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

When was the last time a team swept the LCS and won the World Series?

Edit: Since MLB made the LCS a 7 game series in 1985 the only team to sweep the LCS and win the World Series is the 1995 Atlanta Braves

heard on the radio that the team that made it to the World Series first the last 10 times has lost 9 of them.  I haven't checked to see if it's true.  Sounds horrific if so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Yankees-Nats would be The Acela Series

Astros-Nats would be A Swamp vs The Swamp

Yankees would drive the prices through the roof--so many NY, NJ peeps all think they're going.  Just hoping both post season games I've attended will merit a bid at getting tickets.  Last nights game standing room only tix were $150 with fees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

heard on the radio that the team that made it to the World Series first the last 10 times has lost 9 of them.  I haven't checked to see if it's true.  Sounds horrific if so.  

No idea about that stat but I do know that in 2018 the Dodgers qualified for the World Series last and lost so if would have to be the 9 preceding teams that went the other way which seems tough to believe the streak ran that long.

Edited by Pimphand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

No idea about that stat but I do know that in 2018 the Dodgers qualified for the World Series last and lost so if would have to be the 9 preceding teams that went the other way which seems tough to believe the streak ran that long.

It was 9 of 10 that swept going in to the world series have lost. So the question was whether the layoff actually benefitted. Clearly teams need to win because there's nothing that says the Astros don't win the next two or that the more games played the more likelihood of injuries. Whatever, people were calling in saying the nats should drop a game or two to keep sharp. Thought that was insane but I also understand that players get into a rhythm too and a layoff may disrupt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

You're absolutely correct.  The Braves should have been awarded the NLDS win and advanced because they had the higher xwoba.  Perhaps MLB will adopt that as a rule when they do the new collective bargaining agreement.  

You sound a little upset, Beau.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

It was 9 of 10 that swept going in to the world series have lost. So the question was whether the layoff actually benefitted. Clearly teams need to win because there's nothing that says the Astros don't win the next two or that the more games played the more likelihood of injuries. Whatever, people were calling in saying the nats should drop a game or two to keep sharp. Thought that was insane but I also understand that players get into a rhythm too and a layoff may disrupt it. 

That feels like a Pandora's Box no sane manager would want to open.  You coach your team to give consistent effort all season long and then "hey guys, let's take it easy tonight, we don't want too long a layoff"???  So it's 3-1, no big deal, "oh wait those guys have players too, now it's 3-2, shit, maybe we shouldn't have done that" . . . etc.

Of course, playoff-bound NFL teams have been known to tank Game 16, but it still feels counterproductive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

It was 9 of 10 that swept going in to the world series have lost. So the question was whether the layoff actually benefitted. Clearly teams need to win because there's nothing that says the Astros don't win the next two or that the more games played the more likelihood of injuries. Whatever, people were calling in saying the nats should drop a game or two to keep sharp. Thought that was insane but I also understand that players get into a rhythm too and a layoff may disrupt it. 

Oh yeah I definitely buy the 9 of 10 who swept the LCS losing the World Series just based on the stats I looked at last night where since 1985 the only team to sweep the LCS and win the world series was the 1995 Atlanta Braves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...