Herman's Worst Performance?

TwiceHorn

Just now, chikin23 said:

Two losses by 1 score to top 6 teams.

In fairness, it went to 1 score in both games because of late TDs after the opponent went into turtle mode to protect the lead. 

Also worth pointing out that Dicker is the best onside kicker I’ve ever seen. Sad that his teammates don’t help him out on those.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In fairness, it went to 1 score in both games because of late TDs after the opponent went into turtle mode to protect the lead. 

Also worth pointing out that Dicker is the best onside kicker I’ve ever seen. Sad that his teammates don’t help him out on those.

Yeah maybe we should put guys on the edge with better hands or effort than Eagles and Johnson. Jesus 

Eagles wasn’t even looking for the ball. 

This game was an all around failure. Our gameplan on both sides of the ball was complete shit. Our team wasn’t prepared in any phase. Our players didn’t show up with any emotion. Even our crowd was quiet almost from the start. Guess we chose the Mensa route for game prep instead of the obvious route. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

@Snacks used to excuse every embarrassing loss during the Strong era on the jimmy and Joes, not the Xs and Os.

put that loss entirely on the Xs and Os. We got out-coached and it has me angry and concerned.

Lincoln Riley is a better coach than Tom Herman. That’s pretty much a fact at this point. The game was ripe for the taking today, but we just didn’t show up ready to play. That isn’t an x’s and o’s thing. That’s the Jimmy’s and the joe’s just not showing up ready to play against your biggest fucking rival. I honestly don’t know if that falls more on the players or the coaches.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nowhichski said:

Since the 2nd half of W Virginia. Something collapsed. 

Sam hasn't seemed quite right for some time.  Other than Duvernay, receivers have been kind of indifferent all year.  

RoJo has been a bright spot, but running game pretty indifferent to bad, also.

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

really dumb mental errors helped give the offense shit starting field position all day.  dunno what's so hard about not catching the ball outside the 10, letting it go inside the 10, and taking a knee in the end zone. 

Aside from kicking, special teams was on the short bus 

TBH... I've left Fair Park feeling worse than I do today.  But I'm pissed.  And I'm disappointed.  

Herman's ego is a big obstacle to us improving.  Stinkin' Lincoln is a mercenary coach with a mercenary qb, but he course-corrected after last year.   Ball is in TH's court.

Edited by 4Pete
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, 4Pete said:

TBH... I've left Fair Park feeling worse than I do today.  But I'm pissed.  And I'm disappointed.  

Herman's ego is a big obstacle to us improving.  Stinkin' Lincoln is a mercenary coach with a mercenary qb, but he course-corrected after last year.   Ball is in TH's court.

Out of rep.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NAVY said:

Not trying to be a contrarian dick, but if teaxas receivers catch the fucking football this might have been a win. 

OU arm grabs not being called.  PI is a mystery call in the NFL too. I remember the old days when any contact would be a yellow, not it's very lax.

• Like 1

Yes.

This isn’t UH where you can motivate with David v. Goliath mentality for the biggest game. This is Texas. You are the big game. What’s the solution for not being out-mensa’d? Tom overthinks stuff. Rojo’s beasting? But the numbers say we need ingram. What? No fgs in the red zone? THATS FUCKING STUPID! YOU HAVE DIKCER THE MOTHERFUCKING KICKER TOM. Dumbass

This sucks but for a few boneheaded plays we could have won.  We were in it till the end.  Yes,  Herman had some shit calls,  but fuck,  there were missed blitz pick ups, dumb ST decisions, dropped passes,  and Sam not sensing pressure.  Most of those things were obvious, you should know this shit stuff that’s on the players.  This wasn’t Chuckle’s players basically running the wrong way. 

Also, CeeDee Lamb is a grown ass man. 

Edited by Bateshorn

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

1. Maryland - 2018

2. OU - 2019

3. Texas Tech 2017

4. Oklahoma State 2018

5. Maryland 2017

Don’t know why but the Tech 2017 game pissed me off the most. I think I knew Sam was gonna throw a pick before the ball was even snapped on that last drive. 

Reminded me a lot of last year’s October game inverted.  OU dominated today and was clearly the better team and we somehow kept it close with no business being in the game.  Hopefully the inversion continues with the CCG.  The coaches, OL, Sam, DBs (tackling) and front 7 (stopping the run) have a lot to make up for in this game.

Edited by Goredho

His game planning and game management leaves a lot to be desired but this was not his worst performance oh you was just flat out better than us from the staff to the players the Maryland losses were the worst

OU plays with a hatred for Texas Texas plays OU like scum bag neighbors to the north

8 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

OU will cake walk the rest of the big 12 as all the other schools lay over for them.  It's up to Texas win out and stop them in Arlington.

This is the worst fucking thing about losing this game. Every team in the conference gets up to play Texas and just rolls over for ousux. After ousux steamrolls the rest of their schedule, they go to the playoff and get crapped on. Rinse, repeat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is no way that Tom Herman will ever out strategize Lincoln Riley. Never. Gonna. Happen. 

Tom Herman will be Lincoln Riley’s bitch as long as Lincoln Riley wants Tom Herman as his bitch. 

Correct. That means Texas has to execute, be more physical  and play their best game. 

I’m still here mired in sooner shit talking. And you’re 100% spot on. Why does Texas always hire coaches who are so fucking slow to make big moves?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is no way that Tom Herman will ever out strategize Lincoln Riley. Never. Gonna. Happen. 

Tom Herman will be Lincoln Riley’s bitch as long as Lincoln Riley wants Tom Herman as his bitch. 

I don't think Riley will be around that long.  He'll get an express trip to the NFL before too long.

Besides, it's not like he's undefeated against Herman.  They weren't perfect today.  They were just better.

10 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Texas won 48-45 in Oct 2018 Bitch!!!