Fort Worth Police Kill Woman Inside Her Own Home

Vic Mackey

I have a buddy who renovated his house a few years ago and had a moving container put in on the street outside their house.  One night, a neighbor called the police because they noticed that the container had been broken into.  One cop came to the door, and proceeded to let himself in the 3 season porch.  The other went to the side of the house, and started shining his lights in the house. They never announced themselves. Hearing the creaking floor and seeing the lights, buddy's wife woke up and started to scream.  He jumped up and ran to the front of the house ready to fight.  Luckily he's white and didn't have a gun.

I'm surprised shootings like this don't happen more often.

• Like 1

Last year's lesson was to always make sure your door is locked. This year's lesson is to never call the police for a welfare check because if the person is fine they're still gonna die. Not even safe in your own home.... 

I think the broader lesson is that cops are murdery, and you should avoid them at all costs....but you FUCKING CAN’T, because they’ll just show up and murder you AT HOME.

Seriously. Law enforcement is totally and completely broken. They see themselves as a military, and we are nothing but “potential hostiles.” Every time a cop sees you, whether you know it or not, you have the burden of proof to demonstrate that you shouldn’t die in that instant. And the only judge is the cop. He alone decides whether you live or die, in his infinite wisdom, the product of his “elite training” and “hard-earned” experience, and of course, his desire to “just make it home safe to his family,” which is now the most sacred right in these United States, literally superseding all others.

We aren’t going to fix this. It’s just going to get worse. Because “back the blue!” and “blue lives matter” and “streets full of thugs.”

Our descent into total, VOLUNTARY fascism is nearing completion. Remember, shit is this way because we the people WANT IT TO BE.

There was how many seconds between “show me your hands” and killing her? 1 second? 0.5 seconds?

in her own fucking home

I am all for disarming the police British Style with quick reaction forces. They have proven time and time again the average cop is not qualified to handle a firearm 

• Like 1

I don’t give a fuck whether she was a Sunday School teacher or a hardened felon.  She did nothing to justify her execution at the moment he decided she should die.   

correct

Too many enablers trying to use a person's past for justifying mudering LEOs.

Edited by Cajun

Law enforcement must change. Their entire mission, creed, purpose, complete overhaul. I will not stand for a single excuse.

Re: if she had a gun. Maybe, just maybe, she heard some unannounced people stalking around her home and used her “second amendment right” by grabbing her home protection to see what was going on?

And this was a welfare check because of an open door and a concerned neighbor? How about going the the door: “Miss Jefferson, this is the Fort Worth Police, your neighbor was concerned about your open door, are you here? Are you okay?”

Did they just automatically assume B&E? And even if it was, since when is a property crime a capital offense? 

Overhaul the system, every inch of it. Since that won’t happen, I guess we’re on our own now. Until officers in mass condemn this shit, I’m done with police. Done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Seems Fort Worth has a problem.

Had me until this part:

"And their use of force policy doesn’t require officers to use available non-lethal alternatives to shooting people."

Federal Law says it wouldn't be legal if they did. 

Plakas V Drinski:"There is no precedent in this Circuit (or any other) which says that the Constitution requires law enforcement officers to use all feasible alternatives to avoid a situation where deadly force can be justifiably used"

Of course, it seems clear that deadly forced WASN'T justified here, but the statement is still misleading- at best.

Bunch of fucking cowboys who've been justified in practically every action by policies supposedly put in place to protect police from harm now blast citizens through the windows of their homes.

I object to the way people are arrested now. It's not merely put your hands on the car and spread your feet; it's GET ON THE GROUND! and a knee in the nape of the neck.

That's dangerous, dehumanizing, and just encourages the absurd notion that it's the cops against a dangerous citizenry rather than cops serving the community. This new vision of the police likely draws even more of the bad element than it used to. 

This death is an outrage. This woman has been plucked from life with no more consideration than is given for pulling a weed. 

This whole country is rattling and coming apart like a poorly tended motor out of oil and with a leaking radiator. 

I'm so lucky to be my age and white. And that sucks.

• Like 4

The justification is always the same, "Police face dangerous threats everyday and we have to defend ourselves, and defend the public, against these threats...sometimes with lethal force."

If a dangerous person aims a weapon at you, or aggressively charges your physical person and there is using a taser won't work at the range they are closing, then unload your entire clip into person's skull and I will stroke a check in your name to the Police Benevolent's Association Orchestra gala (I know the conductor).  Anything short of that, stop fucking shooting people.  If you feel threatened by a black man watching television in his own apartment or you feel scared for your life by the thought of a woman playing with her nephew in her own home...then you are not a Sworn Peace Officer.  You are a coward.  And no gun is going to change that.  No amount of domestic battery in your own home, no amount of substance abuse, no amount of skimming cash, no amount of locker room commraderie is going to change the fact that are a walking disappoint to the community, to the badge, and to your father.  

Through her window from outside.
I seriously doubt she could have even heard the "you're about to die" command.
And how was the officer even at risk? 
Don't answer that because it was rhetorical.

You see, a cold front had come through and there could have been cop-killing icicle on the roof, and if she screamed the invisible icicle could have broken off and impaled the officer preventing him from going home to his kids. At least he didn’t rape the corpse/fuck the bullet hole.

I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of dollars this cost Tarrant County after they prosecute this cop for murder because he pled not guilty and refused to plea bargain. 

The county has it coming.
This is the county that just this week had its sheriff rant about how illegal immigrants are drunk killers who will run over your kids....and the day after, his son was arrested for public drunkenness. But you know, he was just having harmless fun...which is what you call it when white people drink.
Seriously, FW and Tarrant Co are about to get a spotlight out on them, and they will look REALLY ugly under that harsh light. Most segregated and quietly racist major city I’ve been in.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I agree it seems like a case of manslaughter/homocide. Just pointing out how politicians quickly rushing in to paint the victim as a perfect citizen may want to slow their roll until all the facts come out. Again, not defending cops and it seems like the shooter should be arrested and tried. 

Man fuck you for saying anything but the cops fucked up. What facts do you need? Why do people think this way when it comes to murdering people 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the county that just this week had its sheriff rant about how illegal immigrants are drunk killers who will run over your kids....and the day after, his son was arrested for public drunkenness. But you know, he was just having harmless fun...which is what you call it when white people drink.
Seriously, FW and Tarrant Co are about to get a spotlight out on them, and they will look REALLY ugly under that harsh light. Most segregated and quietly racist major city I’ve been in.

Yep fuck FW they deserve all of this and more 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Man fuck you for saying anything but the cops fucked up. What facts do you need? Why do people think this way when it comes to murdering people 

I think the point was that politicians will seize any opportunity to gain points even if they don't know all the facts. I think that was it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So. CA recently enacted a new law on the use of Deadly Force.

Old law said cops may use deadly force when "reasonable"   New law says it must be "necessary".  

We shall see if it helps, but it seems like a good start. 

It's not a start, it's markedly regressive. "Necessary" (substantive due process) was  the standard before Graham V Conner came around and established the "Reasonable" standard.  I don't know anything about the law beyond what you said, but I don't think it's got any chance in hell at standing.  Nor should it, in my opinion.  The problem (and let me be clear- it's a big fucking problem), is not the "Reasonable Standard", but instead it's interpretation.  "I was scared for my life" shouldn't cut it.  Would a reasonable police officer be scared for their life in this situation?  Not a chance.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I think the point was that politicians will seize any opportunity to gain points even if they don't know all the facts. I think that was it.

And if all politicians come out and say this is fucked, it needs to stop then I support that

5 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

The military mentality is out of control.  The new normal for dress is to go to work like a special forces operator.  Tacti-cool outfits and urban warfare gear are the norm.  

Game wardens seem to do OK with simple green Dickies, don't shoot up innocents, and they deal with armed citizens as a rule and not the exception.

Maybe dressing like a public servant (you know....protect and serve) instead of a warrior would be a good start.  

Some of the knuckleheads might not even apply  for the job if they knew they wouldn't be dressing like Chris Kyle every day.

Nailed it. 

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dallas is segregated as hell as well. 

20 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Dallas is segregated as hell as well. 

So is Austin, but the white liberals are too busy patting themselves on the back to notice.  

Having lived in all three places, Fort Worth is fairly conspicuous in how little a political voice the minority neighborhoods have. They have their councilmembers, but it's like Dallas before 10-1.

Dallas at least has a public conversation about conditions and investment in South Dallas.  Fort Worth has very little.

• Like 4

So is Austin, but the white liberals are too busy patting themselves on the back to notice.  
Having lived in all three places, Fort Worth is fairly conspicuous in how little a political voice the minority neighborhoods have. They have their councilmembers, but it's like Dallas before 10-1.
Dallas at least has a public conversation about conditions and investment in South Dallas.  Fort Worth has very little.

You won’t hear me arguing about Austin fooling itself.
But FW is a whole nother level.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

FW is fucked up more than other “big” city. FW is Lubbock but luckily next to Dallas. Fuck those hillbilly pieces of shit

So we've got 9-1-1 for immediate emergencies, 3-1-1 for non-emergency inquiries or reports, I guess we need a 6-1-1 for just sort of a general check-in with police to say, "Just calling today to report that everything's well and we'd prefer not to be murdered in our homes today, but heroes gonna hero."