Tom Herman is a 2nd place coach

Brothahorn

After today, 1-3 vs his only real competition. No amount of ministers, tweets or special guest coaches can overcome his arrogant bullshit. 

Today is a perfect example. Show up listless for the big game. Defense somehow hangs on while the offense shits the field. Get some offensive momentum and the defense lays down. 

Then the players consistently make horrible decisions. Because they get horrible coaching. Fair catching kickoffs/punts inside the 5 is a coaching issue.

Yes he's better than Old Mack and Cholly, but that just gets us 2nd place. Luckily because no other program has our resources and history. 

Neg me, ban me, dog cuss me..but the scoreboard is what it is. 

Fuck 0u.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 35

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

After today, 1-3 vs his only real competition. No amount of ministers, tweets or special guest coaches can overcome his arrogant bullshit. 

Today is a perfect example. Show up listless for the big game. Defense somehow hangs on while the offense shits the field. Get some offensive momentum and the defense lays down. 

Then the players consistently make horrible decisions. Because they get horrible coaching. Fair catching kickoffs/punts inside the 5 is a coaching issue.

Yes he's better than Old Mack and Cholly, but that just gets us 2nd place. Luckily because no other program has our resources and history. 

Fuck 0u.

Not to nitpick, but there are a number of programs with our resources and history. 

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Fuck 0u.

6d0655850b104474fb44b951f23968ad.gif

• Like 6

I mean, "1-3 vs his only real competition" is fucking retarded.  Classic Texas fan discombobulation.  I don't even know how you're counting.

Is Georgia not "real competition"?  Let me guess, "they didn't want to be there"?

1-3 vs OU

0-1 vs LSU

1-0 vs UGA

Sure seems like that's 2-4, not 1-3, and it ignores the other bowl game along with who knows what other game that "matters".

If you're going to make bold statements, at least be fucking right.

I hate Texas fans.
""

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not to nitpick, but there are a number of programs with our resources and history. 

I meant in our conference. Probably better for us, we don't have another traditional power to compete against every year.

4 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

we still have a shit oline, nothing will ever change until that does

And yet that shit oline, helped keep us in the game with LSU. Maybe if the coaching would have been better, we win. So the oline is no excuse for that 1st half performance.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I mean, "1-3 vs his only real competition" is fucking retarded.  Classic Texas fan discombobulation.  I don't even know how you're counting.

Is Georgia not "real competition"?  Let me guess, "they didn't want to be there"?

1-3 vs OU

0-1 vs LSU

1-0 vs UGA

Sure seems like that's 2-4, not 1-3, and it ignores the other bowl game along with who knows what other game that "matters".

I hate Texas fans.
""

It's perfectly valid to question Herman at this juncture.

Also Georgia as a general proposition.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1-3 vs OU

0-1 vs LSU

1-0 vs UGA

I hate Texas fans.
""

Coaches at Texas are judged by the OU game. Especially if we start playing them 2X a year. I mean Tom has black marks too other than your 2-4. Maryland twice, Tech 17, WV 18

Edited by Js1

Just now, Js1 said:

Coaches at Texas are judged by the OU game. Especially if we start playing them 2X a year. I mean Tom has black marks too other than your 2-4. Maryland twice, Tech. 

Sure, but don't make up arguments.  Post was stupid, I pointed out why.  End of discussion.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Fuck 0u.

I’d neg your dumb ass a hundred times if I could.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

1-3 vs OU

0-1 vs LSU

1-0 vs UGA

I hate Texas fans.
""

Unless you're SEC, you don't get a chance to win NC without winning the conference. You're not guaranteed to play LSU and UGA(except in the 2nd place bowl game). Being in the XII, you need to win the conference first, before you even have a shot at the playoffs.

So like I said, against the only real competition for the most basic goal, he is 1-3.

Hate me all you want, but you should hate the fact that 0u is going to win another conference championship. Cause this coaching staff struggles to make game to game and in-game adjustments.

• Fuck You 1

We are in year 3 of the Herman area and still can’t figure out our OL, LBs and DBs after top 10 recruiting classes. We fail to execute or even look prepared. We take entire halves off. We normally let the opposing team score on the opening drive. 

Same shit. Same staff. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We are in year 3 of the Herman area and still can’t figure out our OL, LBs and DBs after top 10 recruiting classes. We fail to execute or even look prepared. We take entire halves off. We normally let the opposing team score on the opening drive. 

Same shit. Same staff. 

That’s overstating it’s. The OL has been good until this game. The DBs are a mash unit. This is the first time we’ve looked unprepared in a big game, IMO.

Im not defending their performance today-it was bad. But the knee jerk stuff gets tiresome.

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

That’s overstating it’s. The OL has been good until this game. The DBs are a mash unit. This is the first time we’ve looked unprepared in a big game, IMO.

Im not defending their performance today-it was bad. But the knee jerk stuff gets tiresome.

The first half of LSU we looked awful 

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Unless you're SEC, you don't get a chance to win NC without winning the conference. You're not guaranteed to play LSU and UGA(except in the 2nd place bowl game). Being in the XII, you need to win the conference first, before you even have a shot at the playoffs.

So like I said, against the only real competition for the most basic goal, he is 1-3.

Hate me all you want, but you should hate the fact that 0u is going to win another conference championship. Cause this coaching staff struggles to make game to game and in-game adjustments.

Write better.  Make the point about "in conference" before people reply.  I still think it's a stupid take, but it's a different take nonetheless.

News flash:  Texas can still win the conference.  For fuck's sake, look at last year.

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

As stated, I think Hand has created expectations for an OL that still isn't real talented. 

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

the premise of this thread is fuckign idiotic but this was easily herman's worst game as texas coach.

That is absolutely USDA Grade-A fucking retarded.

Again, I hate Texas fans.  

For fuck's sake, did you WATCH us play Maryland --- TWICE?  

35 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Fuck 0u.

Does he tackle or catch?  He’s no LR but he’s a good coach.  You guys made mistake after fucking mistake.  He had the pieces in good, not great, position.  Be mad at the idiots on the field. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

As stated, I think Hand has created expectations for an OL that still isn't real talented. 

I don’t know that I agree with that either, exactly. I think it’s a pretty good OL that had a really bad day. I also think our game plan didn’t do them any favors. But I agree with you in that I’m not down on Hand.

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Does he tackle or catch?  He’s no LR but he’s a good coach.  You guys made mistake after fucking mistake.  He had the pieces in good, not great, position.  Be mad at the idiots on the field. 

Those idiots on the field are there because the coaches put them there.

Understand even the best coaches will get some dumb decisions by players. But they overcome that with coaching. That's why Jalen can throw 2 interceptions and Little Lincoln still gets another win. Dumbass coaches coaching dumbass players is a toxic combo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Jesus, man.

Yes, this was a bad game for Herman and the staff.  

But if you're ready to write him off now, what did you say about Mack in 2000?

Stop it with this.

Yeah, I don't guess you can write him off.

But it's worrying.  This is a definite inflection point on his upward trajectory.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That is absolutely USDA Grade-A fucking retarded.

Again, I hate Texas fans.  

For fuck's sake, did you WATCH us play Maryland --- TWICE?  

ok jerk off, game 1 against maryland was his first ever game as head coach with a bunch of player who had nothing but losing experiences as texas players.  maryland #2 was befuddling, but again, game 1 of a season and the team hadn't quite found it's identity yet.

this one, we know exactly what this team is and the offense looked like fucking doshit.  again, the premise of this thread is fucking retarded.  herman is the guy.  but all things considered, this was his worst game at texas.  sorry if that hurts your feelings.

• Like 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

But it's worrying.  This is a definite inflection point on his upward trajectory.

Really?  I know you know better.  You know what an "inflection point" means.  This team lost by 7 against a team favored by 10.5+  and you call that an "inflection point"?

Don't make me break out the calculus.

I said on the other thread on Herman that we hired the new Mark Richt. This was the first year in as long as I can remember that the Texas/OU talent levels were roughly equal. Lamb is better than anyone on our team, but otherwise we're pretty even. The difference is OU has a much better coach. 

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Those idiots on the field are there because the coaches put them there.

Understand even the best coaches will get some dumb decisions by players. But they overcome that with coaching. That's why Jalen can throw 2 interceptions and Little Lincoln still gets another win. Dumbass coaches coaching dumbass players is a toxic combo.

Little Lincoln?   Guy owns Tom.  And Tom is a good coach.  Just deal with all those facts.  They’re painful after a loss - to your bitter rival.  It’s easier to blame it on a dumbass coach vs giving credit to a really good coach / your rival.  

Just now, Texasrocks said:

I said on the other thread on Herman that we hired the new Mark Richt. This was the first year in as long as I can remember that the Texas/OU talent levels were roughly equal. Lamb is better than anyone on our team, but otherwise we're pretty even. The difference is OU has a much better coach. 

OU has better receivers, better running backs, better tight end though he didn't play, better oline that they replaced 4 of, better dline and linebackers. 

Tom is a good coach but this staff is killing him. He should have shitcanned his OC instead of babysitting him last season, maybe making HC decisions and being involved in the playcalling is too much for him. He should leave Washington in Dallas, and Orlando needs to be on notice.