Tom Herman is a 2nd place coach

Brothahorn

1 minute ago, Slick16 said:

I thought I'd stop in and say hello for old times' sake.  Of course, as a program, we're still beating the same dead horse we've been beating for 20 years.  And we're still paying a guy $5 million a year to lose to those low-rent dirt bags 3 out of 4 times.  So, the more things change, the more they stay the same.  I finally lost interest in enabling a program that has every advantage but can't win it's own conference or beat a low-class rival even half the time.  For the University of Texas to consistently finish behind 0U in anything is a monumental embarrassment.  I finally just had to let go emotionally and accept that this is the way it is, for now.  Hopefully I'll live long enough to see it change, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for overpaid coaches and administrators to be held accountable.  What I've learned the past several years is there's more to life than fretting over athletic underachievement.  If the powers-that-be don't give a fuck, why should I?   Some of you might do well to examine these realities against your priorities, for the sake of your own sanity.

How much national championship swag did you buy?

Be honest.

16 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Just from the top of my head:

Dede Westbrook(Jaguars) No.1 target for that team.

Hollywood Brown(Ravens) No.1 target for that team.

Sterling Shephard(Giants) Top 2 targets for that team.

Kenny Stills(Texans) No.1 target behind Hopkins

Like someone asked you to, take a break. 

Chark is far and away WR1 for the Jags.

Brown/Andrews for Bal (both OU)

Engram is no. 1 for NYG followed by Tate. Shep is a JAG in NFL

Houstons no.2 is Fuller, Stills/Coutee is 3. 

Riley is good man. Also, do you fantasy?

Edited by ChemicalHorn

1 minute ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Chark is fat and away WR1 for the Jags.

Brown/Andrews for Bal (both OU)

Engram is no. 1 for NYG followed by Tate. Shep is a JAG in NFL

Houstons no.2 is Fuller, Stills/Coutee is 3. 

Riley is good man. Also, do you fantasy?

Shep is Giants. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2976592/sterling-shepard

Nah, I don't fantasy. 

1 minute ago, hornhorn said:

Shep is Giants. https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2976592/sterling-shepard

Nah, I don't fantasy. 

Not really sure what you’re trying to say but the link you posted shows Engram (TE) leading team in TD and yards and Tate close to Shepard in yards despite being suspend for the first 4 games.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

How much national championship swag did you buy?

Be honest.

I've been following this team since 1963.  We won three MNCs in the first seven years.  One in the last 49.  I've bought lots of swag in 56 years.  Still pay for season tickets.  I give them to my kids.  I'll always love the Horns.  I've just let go from expecting them to perform to my expectations because they never do.  That's what happens when you pay a guy $5 million a year to coach a fucking game and demand nothing from him. 

• Like 4

Just now, ChemicalHorn said:

Not really sure what you’re trying to say but the link you posted shows Engram (TE) leading team in TD and yards and Tate close to Shepard in yards despite being suspend for the first 4 games.

You said Shep is a Jag, I pointed out that he is with the Giants. Anyways, this is getting ridiculous. I'm out on this stupid conversation.

Just now, Slick16 said:

I've been following this team since 1963.  We won three MNCs in the first seven years.  One in the last 49.  I've bought lots of swag in 56 years.  Still pay for season tickets.  I give them to my kids.  I'll always love the Horns.  I've just let go from expecting them to perform to my expectations because they never do.  That's what happens when you pay a guy $5 million a year to coach a fucking game and demand nothing from him. 

Never? Really?

1 minute ago, Slick16 said:

By never, I mean win conference championships and play for national titles.  And if you're harking back to 2009 as thought that's still relevant, your expectations are a lot lower than mine were.

Mack Brown did a lot of damage to this program on his way out.

I'm fine where we are right now. I think Tom Herman will win a national championship before Lincoln Riley.

I’m with 16. I think it’s reasonable to expect Texas, with all its advantages, to regularly compete and win conference championships and be in the mix for the playoffs on a generally regular basis.

That stuff isn’t happening. I’d love for that to change. But history says not to get too worked up about it.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Mack Brown did a lot of damage to this program on his way out.

I'm fine where we are right now. I think Tom Herman will win a national championship before Lincoln Riley.

I agree with this. Herman, for all of his faults, will get it done. If Riley couldn't do it with Murray or Mayfield, I don't see it happening. 

Just now, nineliveslost said:

uhhhhh OU's defense is better this year than it has been in awhile. They will be in the playoffs this year. Dont go crazy

Oh they'll be in the playoffs without a doubt. That doesn't mean because their D got better this year that it can't be figured out. Ohio State would stomp ou right now. Clemson, too, I believe. Not sure about Bama. They seem sluggish, plus like us they're playing a ton of freshmen because of injuries.

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh they'll be in the playoffs without a doubt. That doesn't mean because their D got better this year that it can't be figured out. Ohio State would stomp ou right now. Clemson, too, I believe. Not sure about Bama. They seem sluggish, plus like us they're playing a ton of freshmen because of injuries.

Damn - maybe I’m a masochist but this OU team in not that good. We should meet them in the CCG again and have a great shot at beating them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

how many slot receivers have ever gone in the first round? seriously, I have no idea. 

I have no clue, either. 

NFL is obsessed with speed and hands. His 40 will open eyes. Plus his production. Maybe it's dumb to think that he's a 1-2 rd pick, but my opinion is he's special and teams see that. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If Herman pulls his head out of his ass he can absolutely beat them. We shot ourselves in the foot several times and still lost by 7. 

that's the crazy thing, we have very few guys that would start for them, we stepped on our dicks all day and lost by 7

that's the crazy thing, we have very few guys that would start for them, we stepped on our dicks all day and lost by 7

Yeah, they're beatable. We should have lost by more, but our defense gave us some miracles. Herman went into his shell and refused to use what was working...Rojo. CJ was covered, and Duv was swamped, and we didn't see Jake Smith catch a pass. Such a weird game. 

The crazy thing is that we have very few guys that would start for them.  While true, that's criminal neglect.

1 hour ago, Gravy Train said:

It's not asinine.  Watch the games, follow the depth charts, get into recruiting.  If I had a blank slate of player development and scheme, with the offer to coach with either roster, I'm taking Texas.

Absolutely crazy, the Oklahoma vodo is real.

• Fuck You 6

That's the thing, though. Can you see Jerruh firing the ginger? I can't at this point. 

I think if they somehow miss the playoffs, he’s gone. If they don’t win a playoff game he may be gone. Other potential openings like the Falcons or Texans could be tempting too if Riley really does have any NFL aspirations. Both of those teams have legit offensive weapons and aren’t complete rebuilds like Washington.