Win Out and Win the Big XII

Girdwood

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The “we are everyone’s Super Bowl” is an tired excuse for a overrated team 

I don’t know exactly how we’re overrated. We lost by 7 to the two teams on our schedule that we weren’t favored against. Beat the spread both games with a young and injury riddled defense. And if you think WV didn’t want to beat our ass worse than anyone on their schedule than have it Hoss

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Got to get healthy and win out. It’s the only way I know how to feel about the loss today. TH ain’t gonna fire anyone midseason like LR fires Mike Stoops after we beat them last year. 

Just got to get healthy and win out. 

Losing sucks. Hook’em 

What you’re saying is that we don’t have the balls to do what’s needed to be competitive at the elite level, like fire ineffective underperforming position coaches. Well, I guess we should just take it up the ass then, why expect excellence based upon random unlikely probability.

10 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I don’t know exactly how we’re overrated. We lost by 7 to the two teams on our schedule that we weren’t favored against. Beat the spread both games with a young and injury riddled defense. And if you think WV didn’t want to beat our ass worse than anyone on their schedule than have it Hoss

We have one of the worst defenses in college football. It will cost us two more games. That’s assuming our offense can score more than 0 points in a half in the upcoming games 

Texas is a tad better than mediocre imo. They’ll lose at ISU and losing to Baylor abd Tech wouldn’t complete shock me.

They have no impressive wins. I refuse to celebrate close losses. 

They’ve not beaten anyone worth much of a shit and struggled with everyone sans Rice. 

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t see improvement and Herman isn’t one to make wholesale changes. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

42 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Baylor is the only team that worries me. Rhule has proven he can coach, and they seem to play us well. 

We should be more concerned about  Tech as they actually won the game. Both Rhule and Wells can coach. KSU may not be a cakewalk either. This team needs one game at a time focus, if that’s possible.

18 minutes ago, El Squared said:

What you’re saying is that we don’t have the balls to do what’s needed to be competitive at the elite level, like fire ineffective underperforming position coaches. Well, I guess we should just take it up the ass then, why expect excellence based upon random unlikely probability.

We are competitive at an elite level.

Just now, El Squared said:

We should be more concerned about  Tech as they actually won the game. Both Rhule and Wells can coach. KSU may not be a cakewalk either. This team needs one game at a time focus, if that’s possible.

I stopped watching the game after tech scored the TD to tie (I think?). Duffey had this weird throwing motion, but their offense doesn't look too concerning. Baylor, however, even though they lost, looks like they're more well coached. 

39 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

I have bad need for you champ. Everyone plays their Superbowl against us.

That’s a weak/lame/pathetic/ aggyish rationalization. Stop. Bama and Clemson and tOSU aren’t such pussies. Also DKR is not our coach and it’s the 2000s. Come up with a better excuse.

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

That’s a weak/lame/pathetic/ aggyish rationalization. Stop. Bama and Clemson and tOSU aren’t such pussies. Also DKR is not our coach and it’s the 2000s. Come up with a better excuse.

There is no excuse. Those teams are better than Texas. They are better than everyone else, too.

I expected us to lose 2-3 games this year and to be competitive in those loses.  We will most likely drop one more game and go into the Big 12 champ game with 2 conference losses.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with the same record as last year.  That's the frustrating part.  I can deal with the loss to LSU.  The loss to ou is different.  We had so many dropped passes, bad sacks, missed tackles, and lack of any physicality.  We looked completely unprepared.  ou knew exactly what we were doing on offense and our coaches had no creativity in their game plan.  This game reminded of a Mack Brown team vs ou in the sense that they showed up tight and basically play catch up and try to "weather the storm".  In all other big games, Herman comes out as the aggressor.  This game felt very different.  Hopefully Herman can loosen up and stop having Sam think so much.  Get the ball out quick or take off.  I was pulling my hair out watching him hesitate whether he should pass or run only to get sacked.  Just a piss poor effort in a very winnable game.    

If we lose again to ou in the Big 12 championship game, then it's starting to look like Riley will be Herman's daddy like Stoops was to Mack.  

• Like 1

Wtf kind of dumb shit are you spewing? I was simply replying to the gentleman who claimed the reason we didn't blow out WVU was because we are their Superbowl. Read the fucking thread before you open you dumb ass mouth. We've always been everyone's Superbowl with the difference being that our prior good teams walked on the field with their swinging dicks and beat the shit out of inferior teams...like bama, Clemson, and Ohio State do. Dumb fuck.

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

I expected us to lose 2-3 games this year and to be competitive in those loses.  We will most likely drop one more game and go into the Big 12 champ game with 2 conference losses.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with the same record as last year.  That's the frustrating part.  I can deal with the loss to LSU.  The loss to ou is different.  We had so many dropped passes, bad sacks, missed tackles, and lack of any physicality.  We looked completely unprepared.  ou knew exactly what we were doing on offense and our coaches had no creativity in their game plan.  This game reminded of a Mack Brown team vs ou in the sense that they showed up tight and basically play catch up and try to "weather the storm".  In all other big games, Herman comes out as the aggressor.  This game felt very different.  Hopefully Herman can loosen up and stop having Sam think so much.  Get the ball out quick or take off.  I was pulling my hair out watching him hesitate whether he should pass or run only to get sacked.  Just a piss poor effort in a very winnable game.    

If we lose again to ou in the Big 12 championship game, then it's starting to look like Riley will be Herman's daddy like Stoops was to Mack.  

That means we're in for about 12 more seasons of Tom Herman.

I don't think we'll lose again until the CCG, but I also won't be surprised if we drop one because of Herman/Orlando, and Sam not being healthy, or whatever the fuck his deal is. There won't be any blowouts, that's for sure. If we make a NY6 game, I'll call that a success based on how shitty our D is, and our O has gone into a shell.

3 minutes ago, Tom Chairman said:

Wtf kind of dumb shit are you spewing? I was simply replying to the gentleman who claimed the reason we didn't blow out WVU was because we are their Superbowl. Read the fucking thread before you open you dumb ass mouth. We've always been everyone's Superbowl with the difference being that our prior good teams walked on the field with their swinging dicks and beat the shit out of inferior teams...like bama, Clemson, and Ohio State do. Dumb fuck.

Sadly, that’s not our record, despite your beliefs, nor is it the the record of the top teams. Facts and such. Very good to great teams handle their rivals and major competition and prove they are superior with their record. I don’t see how you can say we are cursed by other teams giving us their best game, that happens to a lot of other teams, who happen to handle it better than us of late. Not being competitive with your major rival is a problem.

1 minute ago, El Squared said:

Sadly, that’s not our record, despite your beliefs, nor is it the the record of the top teams. Facts and such. Very good to great teams handle their rivals and major competition and prove they are superior with their record. I don’t see how you can say we are cursed by other teams giving us their best game, that happens to a lot of other teams, who happen to handle it better than us of late. Not being competitive with your major rival is a problem.

Until it isn't. 

i still think we can do it but we need to get healthy really badly and find some wrs who are much better at catching the ball than brennan eagles. 

this was the worst sam has played in a long time (although ironically, it was easily his best game throwing deep balls despite the fact that our wrs fucking suck at catching them all of a sudden).

duvernay's worst game.  lot of bad stuff on offense and special teams (which is getting really old by the way).

i think it is entirely possible that we can bounce back.  we need to just actually apply all the cliches.  one game at a time, get better each week, get key personnel back.  sam needs to feel the need for redemption and install a protection clock that says get the fuck out of there after a certain amount of time.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Losing to OU by 7 isn’t a harbinger of doom in this year’s Big 12.

Yes, that's true.

But if Herman gets pantsed in Dallas in October, he can get pantsed by anyone left on our schedule.  Because we'll be favored in most or all of them, several decisively, the chance of him being pantsed is raised substantially.

Huh? What's not our record? What are you trying to say pal - you're not making much sense. I think you're still misunderstanding me. Yes, most of the B12 plays tougher vs us than other B12 teams.

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

Fixed.

No, not fixed. That was not my point. Obviously, everyone hates losing to Oklahoma. What I am specifically tired of is "oh, well, we lost a game (the fans) really wanted to win, but your feelings about the loss should be mitigated by <whatever>". 

We can still win out and get to the conference championship game! I heard after we lost to fucking West Virginia at home last year.

We can still go to the Sugar Bowl! I heard after we lost to OU in the goddamned conference championship rematch.

We can still win the Big 12! I heard after LSU made our defense look ridiculous a few weeks ago.

We can still win out and get to the conference championship game! I am now hearing after a lackluster effort in the only conference game we ever play that really matters.

I'm tired of it. I don't really care what this team can "still" accomplish right now. This program feels like it's running on a treadmill. Better days are ever in our future! Ever, and only. It's tiresome.

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

No, not fixed. That was not my point. Obviously, everyone hates losing to Oklahoma. What I am specifically tired of is "oh, well, we lost a game (the fans) really wanted to win, but your feelings about the loss should be mitigated by <whatever>". 

We can still win out and get to the conference championship game! I heard after we lost to fucking West Virginia at home last year.

We can still go to the Sugar Bowl! I heard after we lost to OU in the goddamned conference championship rematch.

We can still win the Big 12! I heard after LSU made our defense look ridiculous a few weeks ago.

We can still win out and get to the conference championship game! I am now hearing after a lackluster effort in the only conference game we ever play that really matters.

I'm tired of it. I don't really care what this team can "still" accomplish right now. This program feels like it's running on a treadmill. Better days are ever in our future! Ever, and only. It's tiresome.

I agree. You are more precise. I am just depressed about the OU pattern in particular since that’s our major “rival”, although not being competitive lessens the rivalry significantly. But yes, I don’t like the “next year we will be better “  lifestyle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Mack never lost post ou losses and that’s why he won 10 games every year. I would have loved to see Mack have the shot to play ou a second time.

Yeah.  A clown that fucking puckered up at the sight of crimson and cream getting 2nd chances each year.

Do you enjoy thoughts of this type punishment or are you just drunk beyond recognition?

I'll give you the latter and call it a day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The two losses aren't bad ones. Depending on how the rest of the conferences shake out, this could still be a playoff team if Texas wins out and beats Oklahoma in the B12 championship game. 

Yes they are. We got the shit beat out of us in every facet except the scoreboard.

8 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Yes they are. We got the shit beat out of us in every facet except the scoreboard.

Rewatch the game. Those WR drops are points left on the board. The ST fuckery in KO returns is field position surrendered. Sam’s unusual indecision to run or throw led to several killed drives. It was pretty fucking ugly, but by no means did the scoreboard “mask” the loss.

Such a weird team to watch.

Last week I bitched for almost 3 1/2 quarters.  Look up in the 4th and we're up 3 scores.

Today, I bitch(ed) about all three phases of the game.  Look up and we lose a rivalry game, to a (now) Top 5 team, by 7 pts.  

I'm not saying either is acceptable; just that the team seems to have played about 1 decent quarter in the last 8 and still won 1 game and barely lost to a good team in the other.

Texas lost their two biggest regular season games this year and nothing seems to indicate they've made improvements. I'd prefer a simplified defense with good players that can tackle in space and rush the qb. I know somebody with knowledge can brow beat me with x's and o's but the reality is this team has athletes but lacks fundamentals. 

2 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

I'm not worried about ISU aside from having to play them in Ames. We're built to stop that kind of team. Baylor on the other hand will be a challenge. The bye week before the final stretch is crucial. We need our defense to heal... fast.

I'd like to be as positive as you.  Our D is not built to stop anyone.  we can't stop the run or the pass.  

6 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The two losses aren't bad ones. Depending on how the rest of the conferences shake out, this could still be a playoff team if Texas wins out and beats Oklahoma in the B12 championship game. 

The SEC would have to become a circular firing squad.   Florida had their chances to help that out tonight.   The USC Muschamps did their part by upsetting UGA.  I watched Bama and aggy and I’m not so sure Bama escapes the next few weeks without a loss.  Ironically rooting for LSU to win out would be our best route and then hoping OU sucks loses a game before the Big 12 ship which i don’t rule out either.