Win Out and Win the Big XII

Girdwood

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Mark my words the D will be improved by the end of the season.

they will look improved because we just finished the hardest part of the schedule.  Herman really needs to win out.  any team with a reasonably competent offense makes Orlando look silly.  

It would be nice if we weren't an absolute clusterfuck on special teams(sans Dicker being solid but not great)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they will look improved because we just finished the hardest part of the schedule.  Herman really needs to win out.  any team with a reasonably competent offense makes Orlando look silly.  

It would be nice if we weren't an absolute clusterfuck on special teams(sans Dicker being solid but not great)

Our special teams would improve tremendously if we just told our kickoff returners to fair catch every kick inside the 25.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Our special teams would improve tremendously if we just told our kickoff returners to fair catch every kick inside the 25.

This was obvious very early on today.   This alone probably cost us a good scoring drive or two and gave OU sucks good field position in turn for a couple of their scores.  

all our returners should just fair catch punts and kick offs.  we could have been punting from our 35 or 40 instead of our 10 or worse every time.  that said herman got fucking drilled by the OU DC.  completely out matched.  we ran one fucking true screen and could not counter the stunts.  basic shit that we weren't ready for.

Yeah, that happened today with Georgia. The secsecsec is fucking garbage, and even with all their mental gymnastics, they can't justify 2 teams this year. 

If you think a 1 loss LSU and undefeated sec champ Bama don’t both make it in at #1 and #3 then I don’t know what to tell you.

I guess everyone reacts to this annual trauma differently. But this nonsense of we controlling our destiny with 2 losses and other silly rationalizations is even more destructive than the negativity because we are accepting the culture of losing. There is no CFB for us without a meteor strike or 10 to targeted campuses. And there is no evidence that we will certainly win out based upon this year’s issues and play. But keep hitting that bong man.

• Like 5

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

OK, but... I think you can do better than the 25 if you catch the ball at the 20.

It's all hypothetical; I am sure you can whubbout-scenario me. 

Agreed, but after shitting the bed on field position a few times, I would send the word to signal a fair catch. Of course you still have to actually catch the ball, which was also an issue today.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Agreed, but after shitting the bed on field position a few times, I would send the word to signal a fair catch. Of course you still have to actually catch the ball, which was also an issue today.

Yes. My questions and preferences are conceptual and would go right out the window the first or perhaps second time my returner shit down his leg trying to execute them. 

Which is why I could never be a college football coach. 

Texas wasn't getting to the CFP even with one loss as big 12 champs.  If you listen to the media and talking heads, they have already decided who will be in it.

Clemson

SEC Champ

Big 10 Champ

1 loss SEC team

Unfortunately, playing in this conference is going to fuck unless we go undefeated.

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Texas wasn't getting to the CFP even with one loss as big 12 champs.  If you listen to the media and talking heads, they have already decided who will be in it.

Clemson

SEC Champ

Big 10 Champ

1 loss SEC team

Unfortunately, playing in this conference is going to fuck unless we go undefeated.

we have always had to go undefeated.  nothing has changed. 

6 hours ago, El Squared said:

I guess everyone reacts to this annual trauma differently. But this nonsense of we controlling our destiny with 2 losses and other silly rationalizations is even more destructive than the negativity because we are accepting the culture of losing. There is no CFB for us without a meteor strike or 10 to targeted campuses. And there is no evidence that we will certainly win out based upon this year’s issues and play. But keep hitting that bong man.

This isn’t the early 2000s. We will get another shot at these fuckers in the conference championship game. They did the exact same bullshit last year to win the big 12. 

Forget the playoff (that will come), this program needs conference hardware yesterday. Get it done Herman. 

Edited by Girdwood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

We will get another shot at these fuckers in the conference championship game

I admire this Three O'Clock High approach to our schedule. Yay, another shot at Oklahoma.

I only want to play Oklahoma again because 100% of the alternatives are even worse, but I think anyone who's optimistic about the rematch is a crazy person.

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

The only plus to a rematch is possibly getting most of the secondary back healthy.

that's what I keep telling myself-- at 100% healthy (or the closest a team ever gets to it in December), maybe we get can the game to a coinflip situation and maybe the coinflip goes our way this time

9 hours ago, El Squared said:

This Team will not and should be in the playoffs.  They would get embarrassed.

They can, however, improve and win the conference.  And they can beat the likes of Georgia, Florida, Notre Dame, and smack the hell out of a Michigan.

That's what they are: a good team, that can hang with (but not beat) the elites

Edited by 52-80
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

This team is gonna drop another game.  Between the O being sporadic and allowing Sam to be sacked infinity and the patchwork D that is almost last in the country I don't see it. 

We are not beating all of Tech, ISU, and Baylor. Anyone or all of those guys have a shot at beating us.

2 hours ago, Extra Anejo said:

We are not beating all of Tech, ISU, and Baylor. Anyone or all of those guys have a shot at beating us.

Step back from the ledge.  We played 2 of the top 2 teams in the country (arguably both final 4 favorites) to within a touchdown each, but now we can’t beat TT, ISU and Baylor?  Come on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Step back from the ledge.  We played 2 of the top 2 teams in the country (arguably both final 4 favorites) to within a touchdown each, but now we can’t beat TT, ISU and Baylor?  Come on.

On the flip side they struggled to beat a mediocre at best OSU team at home and had to come from behind to beat the worst WVU team in the past several years. 

Playing equal to your opponent is a recipe to be upset and dancing that every week will eventually cost you (like it has every year with Herman). 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

We can and should beat those teams but Hermans squads here tend to play to their opponents level. 

I’ve been critical of our defense but I still think we can win out until the Big 12 championship. They just need to fix whatever the hell that offensive mess was this week, which I think they can, and work more on defensive fundamentals and less in exotic coverage and blitz schemes. Now beating OU in the championship looks very very difficult.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve been critical of our defense but I still think we can win out until the Big 12 championship. They just need to fix whatever the hell that offensive mess was this week, which I think they can, and work more on defensive fundamentals and less in exotic coverage and blitz schemes. Now beating OU in the championship looks very very difficult.

Offense seemed stalled In the wv game as well.

One thing is for sure we are gonna see how good Herman really is the rest of the season. The kids now know there is no chance at a playoff birth. How does he keep them motivated and improving? 

4 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that's what I keep telling myself-- at 100% healthy (or the closest a team ever gets to it in December), maybe we get can the game to a coinflip situation and maybe the coinflip goes our way this time

Shit - it was almost a coin flip yesterday. I really think if CJ catches that ball in the 3rd quarter it's a different game. Just too sloppy, too ass whipped on the O Line, too many drops and bad tackling. 

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

just win the next game.

Yep.  Start improving week to week.

This Texas team and coaching staff just got a good dose of humble pie and "you're not as good as you should be yet"...

Six games to keep improving... time to become a much better football team than the shit that's shown up the last 2 weeks!!!

I am still of the belief that there will be a rematch in Arlington. I hope Texas wins. I don't think they will.

OU physically whipped Texas. OU was more fundamentally sound and actually came with a coherent game plan. Texas was very fortunate to get within seven points yesterday. That was a lot closer to a four-score loss than a win.

On a given day the physicality part of that can change. However, this staff has shown that they will beat their heads against the wall trying to do what they want, and won't adjust even when the opponent is obviously taking offensive options away and exploiting holes on defense. Teams with bad defensive fundamentals in game six still have bad fundamentals in week 13.

Texas didn't belong on the same field as OU yesterday. It's infuriating but true. I don't see that gap closing completely in the next month and a half.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I admire this Three O'Clock High approach to our schedule. Yay, another shot at Oklahoma.

I only want to play Oklahoma again because 100% of the alternatives are even worse, but I think anyone who's optimistic about the rematch is a crazy person.

I could have drawn up four different ways to beat OU by the first quarter of that game yesterday.  Unfortunately the team has to overcome stupid scheme overshadowing fundamentals, depth chart priorities (despite injury), sensible play calling and B12 officials with an agenda (see last year).

Sooo... good luck?  I'm still buying that ticket to Arlington.

26 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Baylor lost it's starting LB and maybe best defensive player for the rest of the year.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/13/baylor-lb-clay-johnston-to-miss-rest-of-the-season-with-knee-injury/

Hell yea. Lets hope all the teams on our schedule lose their best players so we have a chance to win.

I guess I saw a different last two games then the positive group, but damn we are going to have to fight to get to 8 and 4. YES FIGHT. This team has coaching problems on all three parts, so lets stop polishing a turd. LSU changes coordinator on offense and kicks ass, OU changes coaching on D and kicks ass...hmm, maybe , just maybe we should fucking change coordinators. Its not rocket surgery. 

and Elmer Fudd, I know you maybe werent saying what I took it as but damnit im using it.  

You realize that the media doesn’t impact who gets in the playoff, right?
Queue the “Oh you have no idea how things really work, do you?” nonsense.....

You’re joking right? The “committee” is biased. That’s just the way humans are. They’re affected by what they read and watch.
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, USNALonghorn said:

Rewatch the game. Those WR drops are points left on the board. The ST fuckery in KO returns is field position surrendered. Sam’s unusual indecision to run or throw led to several killed drives. It was pretty fucking ugly, but by no means did the scoreboard “mask” the loss.

You lost me there

22 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

You realize that the media doesn’t impact who gets in the playoff, right?

Queue the “Oh you have no idea how things really work, do you?” nonsense.....

Noted and will reposted if Norte Dame makes the playoff.  If Michigan beats Penn State on Saturday they will jump in the MEDIA polls and then the ND/ Michigan matchup will get new MEDIA hype and if Norte Dame win, then they have a quality win to their resume which will be touted by the MEDIA and like that they are back in the playoff talk.