When did we start teaching "dive tackling" to the defense?

Tracer Bullet

That Hurts run with two jukes was the epitome of this defensive tactic we've apparently incorporated.  Our players dive at the ballcarrier with their shoulder and pray it takes them down

They don't keep their head up, they don't wrap up, they just dive at someone and pray.  Sometimes, if they're (un)lucky, said dive goes helmet to helmet and they got tossed for targeting. 

Shit needs to get fixed. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Foster, Sterns, and Brown. All three are playing hurt and all three miss tackles left and right. Really frustrating to see

Uh, Sterns didn’t even play. He missed all the tackles. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Foster was a waste out there today.  Horrible

BJ Foster was hurt badly in the last game with the shoulder right? or am i thinking of some other DB?  If that's the same guy, he should not have been on the field , had no flexibility in space.

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

BJ Foster was hurt badly in the last game with the shoulder right? or am i thinking of some other DB?  If that's the same guy, he should not have been on the field , had no flexibility in space.

our biggest shit talker before the game immediately getting hurt then being scared to hit was not a good start 

As posted above and one topic the LHN crew made it a point to talk about after the game is Texas leading the nation in missed tackles. There simply is no excuse whether it be youth, injuries, schedule, etc., that can even come close to justifying that stat with the talent Texas has recruited. Absolutely fucking none.

Ricky, Jordan and Micheal were particularly adamant about criticizing out team for mouthing off and failure to back it up. They were absolutely dominated physically. Jordan emphasized the fact great players do their talking on the field. What they said was exactly what I was thinking. Texas is also the team with all the injuries because of poor tacking technique.

I'm sick and tired our watching our players try to make a highlight reel rather than wrapping up and getting a guy to the ground. What Lamb did is sickening. TH and TO better get it fixed fast or there won't be a rematch in Dec. and I'm damn glad the LHN crew aren't a bunch of homers and aren't afraid to tell it like it is.

Edited by Hard Times
  • Like 5

Two of CD Lamb’s TD’s at least 3 defenders had legit chances to tackle him. Christ on one they only had to push him out of bounds but could not even do that. 

But this loss is still on the offensive line. That was a Shawn Watson display for that group. Shack could not figure out how to handle this cutting edge tactic called a “stunt”. It was beyond his comprehension. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

The angles some of these guys take don't allow them to make a tackle.  

That was really, really bad today. 

bad coaching defensive sets/schemes contribute to poor angles. Just like basketball, if you don't have proper contain, the dude with juke you and dunk it.

Edited by NowThis

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

The angles some of these guys take don't allow them to make a tackle.  

That was really, really bad today. 

This. Felt like half the time we were trying to catch up to the WR or RB Bc we took a poor angle from the get go 

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Jezus tittyfuckin christ

They should put that on a flat screen in his locker and have this on continous loop until the end of the season.

I don't want to hear one more word out of his pie hole.

Edited by Cajun