2020 Coaching Staff

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No one thought last year's team was, either.

We'll see what happens.

last year’s defense was good enough to shut people down.  not every game, but the majority of games we didn’t allow more than 21, and some of those games were dominant defensive performances.  this year’s team has no fucking clue how to stop people.  we’re not winning the sugar bowl.  we need to worry about stopping kansas next week. 

Just now, futureman said:

last year’s defense was good enough to shut people down.  not every game, but the majority of games we didn’t allow more than 21, and some of those games were dominant defensive performances.  this year’s team has no fucking clue how to stop people.  we’re not winning the sugar bowl.  we need to worry about stopping kansas next week. 

We gave up 21 points or more in 8 games last year.

12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Was it Warehime who ran off Jean Delance?  He looks pretty solid at RT for Florida these days.

herman’s retention of some this dead weight is his stubbornness fucking over the team.  warehime provides nothing for the team but herman won’t can him because that would mean he made a mistake in hiring him.  stubborn fucking cunt.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

In the majority of our games last year, we most certainly gave up 21 points or more.

But whatever.

you changed your position.  I said in the majority of our games we didn’t give up more than 21, which is 22 or more points.  you said that was incorrect and you were wrong.  take the loss, pussy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

No he’s actually said it on a few threads. He thinks Tom isn’t calling plays. I think he’s wrong. But once again we don’t even know who calls plays, which is awesome.

Tom sure talks as though he’s the playcaller.  

His handing the keys to anyone else would be dereliction of duty, and frankly he’s shown himself to be a shit CEO coach when he’s delegated the offense to others in the past. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

4 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Unfortunately we are back to this6d277ea2e21cac44f96cc8a10eaaa771.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Is everyone else blind or do you now realize in a close game and especially with a lead that this is Tom’s offense?  He’s the most conservative progressive play caller though..... People like to bitch when I call it out but at Tulsa with the lead we ran the same play 3 times in a row on concecitive drives...   we have since when having the lead done, run (or horizontal pass). run, pass in that order for 95% of the time...    

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

Frustrating to already have a thread like this after only 6 games, but lots of good points being made.  Agree Horns only should have 1 WR coach, and need to add another defensive position coach to the staff. 

Really frustrated that Orlando can't get his players in better position for success.  Tackling has been atrocious!!  Put together a defensive gameplan where players know their assignments and cut these guys loose.  Orlando needs to find a way for this defense to have more fun and success going forward... they need to start improving!!

Six more regular season games, plenty of time to regroup.  Hope Texas coaches figures this shit out enough for a return trip to this year's B12 Championship Game.  🤘

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Frustrating to already have a thread like this after only 6 games, but lots of good points being made.  Agree Horns only should have 1 WR coach, and need to add another defensive position coach to the staff. 

Really frustrated that Orlando can't get his players in better position for success.  Tackling has been atrocious!!  Put together a defensive gameplan where players know their assignments and cut these guys loose.  Orlando needs to find a way for this defense to have more fun and success going forward... they need to start improving!!

Six more regular season games, plenty of time to regroup.  Hope Texas coaches figures this shit out enough for a return trip to this year's B12 Championship Game.  🤘

we replaced 8  starters on defense and half of them are hurt and you wonder why we can't just turn guys loose? 

• Like 2

Warehime is probably the most likely to go. He’s already been demoted once from OL to TE’s and if you believe 9.95ers, Texas tried to find him a soft landing spot a couple of times. Wouldn’t be surprising to see Warehime end up elsewhere and Beaty or Fedora take his spot on the offensive side of the ball. If Mehringer or Meekins leave (personally I like Meekins more for recruiting purposes. I’ve heard some things about Mehringer that make me shake my head), I bet they allocate that spot to get another defensive assistant (maybe a LB’s coach?)

we replaced 8  starters on defense and half of them are hurt and you wonder why we can't just turn guys loose? 
fuck this. every guy out there is on scholarship and practices.

All we needed to do to win was fucking tackle better. The shit you see us not doing is shit that that should be corrected to every swinging dock that walks through the tunnel.

i didnt agree with the defensive calls in game, but they were actually good enough to win. the execution was piss poor. the tackling was worse than what we had under Diaz. the defensive execution is regressing and is now worse than what we had under strong and bedford, imo.

an entire unit failing to tackle worrh a shit is coaching. we seems to emphasize physicality, which is great when coupled with technique. right now, our tackling technique is 7th grade football at best.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Snacks said:

All we needed to do to win was fucking tackle better. The shit you see us not doing is shit that that should be corrected to every swinging dock that walks through the tunnel.

i didnt agree with the defensive calls in game, but they were actually good enough to win. the execution was piss poor. the tackling was worse than what we had under Diaz. the defensive execution is regressing and is now worse than what we had under strong and bedford, imo.

an entire unit failing to tackle worrh a shit is coaching. we seems to emphasize physicality, which is great when coupled with technique. right now, our tackling technique is 7th grade football at best.

Yeah, they probably don't work on tackling at all.

Tom is not the playcaller.  He says he "calls plays" because he has the final say to call anything he fkn wants, but that is every coach.  Beck calls the plays.  Also in the post game when the media asked Shack about the sacks, Tom chimed in and said it wasn't only the line but the "playcaller" who didn't read the defense well enough to put the offense in the best position. 

Edited by RollLeft

The only one I really, really want to see go is Warehime. Demoted after year one, brings nothing to the recruiting table, and oh by the way our special teams have been pretty fucking special this year. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but he absolutely needs to be gone. Replace him with a second defensive line coach to help Hustle Never Sleeps on the trail. I’d also be happy if any of Mehringer, Meekins or Drayton were replaced, but can see arguments for retaining them. Tim Beck is a beast on the trail and needs to stay. He’s not calling the plays. 

I think Orlando has flaws, but most of our struggles can be attributed to a combination of Big 12, youth in the secondary and injuries. 

I reserve the right to come back with a “fire everyone” if we lose again in the regular season. At Baylor and at Iowa St will not be fun for my blood pressure.

30 minutes ago, Snacks said:

You’ve come a long way since your Jimmy and Joes days. Glad to see you’re holding this coaching staff accountable.

as for the topic, I’m guessing mehringer, Washington, Warehime and maybe drayton are gone.

if he rides with this staff, I don’t think we are going to be contending for playoff spots and we’ll remain OU’s bitch.

Don’t know, but trust he’ll make correct decisions.  What I hope he’s doing right now.

1. Telling his staff that the team is underperforming and that I injuries are no excuse.

2. Reminding his staff that everyone’s position — including his own — will be evaluated at the end of the season to determine if they offer the program it’s best chance for success

3. Telling his staff that he can do better.  I know I should have done this, not done that, and that a goal for himself the rest of the season is to correct them

4. Telling each of the coaches to think about what they need to be doing better or differently to improve the areas of the team they are responsible for and that he will meet with each of them one-on-one to discuss what they see and what he sees

5. Meet with each coach one-on-one today/tomorrow to discuss the above.  Make sure what they see and what he sees are in alignment.  Determine if he can do anything within the short term to help the coach succeed.

Bottom line, nothing should be decided until the end of the year after we see how the team performs the rest of the way.

• Like 1

Yeah, they probably don't work on tackling at all.
work on it differently, because whatever they're teaching isn't working. the tackling is the worst we've had. period. when everyone is getting their shoulders jacked, something is fundamentally wrong. it's not coincidence. something is wrong.

3 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Our university spends 10M on coaches a year and we have absolutely no idea who calls plays. Its treated as a existential top secret. That is the level of accountability we are dealing with. How much have things changed since Mack's time?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tim Beck calls the plays.

You’ve come a long way since your Jimmy and Joes days. Glad to see you’re holding this coaching staff accountable.
as for the topic, I’m guessing mehringer, Washington, Warehime and maybe drayton are gone.
if he rides with this staff, I don’t think we are going to be contending for playoff spots and we’ll remain OU’s bitch.
we had a real Jimmies and Joes issue at the time. Especially on offense (no OL, no QB).

Strong and Bedford got the defensive guys to tackle, but they didn't get them in position very well to defend the spread. Now we dont tackle for shit and cant contain a QB for jack. terrible on 3rd downs...

I'm pissed.