2020 Coaching Staff

12 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Oh CDC, we have stability...10+ years of stable ass flavored football.   You want to keep this shit show nice and stable?  You go on ahead but not with one more cent of my money till Coach Boyardee is fired.

This sent me into one of those laughter fits where you can't breathe.

Today was stressful so thank you for that.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Update...  (For a good laugh... Troll Alert)

LotusHorn 247 thread on Herman has now been locked by Horns247 Staff.  It's still available for view (not paywalled) but no more posts are allowed.   247 Staff said too much wrong info on thread for it to continue... 😆   LotusHorn posted the following rebuttal an hour ago in a thread called "Thread Locked".....

LotusHorn said... 

What exactly was made up or inaccurate?

I can give up my sources. Real journalists have already asked and confirmed.

I didn’t say Texas was interviewing anyone. I didn’t say Texas was firing anyone.

I said a BMD and now multiple are upset.

100000000%. True

They can buy out Herman. Also true.

They won’t without CDC on board and I said he was not on board. Also true.

They won’t without a proven coach and Urban while one BMD’s favorite is a no go with others and supposedly CDC. Also true.

Yesterday people got in an argument before the PC. Also true.

If Tech wins things won’t be as pretty as Taylor says.

Maybe my 70% chance is wishful thinking of the source. However, that source is verifiable by a real journalist.

I’ll be on Orangebloods where at least their staff have the balls to ask and verify before pulling BS like this.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Here's a link to the 247 thread titled "Thread Locked" for anyone interested...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/thread-locked-139278693/

Anyone know who this is supposed to be about? My guess is Herman and CDC over what though?

7 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I just got off the phone with a BMD and I can promise you, they are PISSED. Something is definitely going to happen, and it will happen fairly soon, within the next 10-30 days, according to my source. This BMD has talked to most of his BMD friends, and he tossed out the word "alignment" more than once. Make no mistake, these guys can easily afford the buyout, and are ready to sign some fat fucking checks. For REAL. So, I expect there to be MAJOR changes coming, and I don't mean Applewhite. As far as CDC, he is saying the right things for the media, and in an attempt to keep the wheels on this cart from flying off. While talking to the BMD, I also got a page from a Top High School coach and he told me that the schemes run by Orlando and Herman were basically what his team ran in Junior School, and that the Texas High School Coaches have put Herman on NOTICE. He said that IF the right hires were made, that maybe they'd give Herman one more chance, but there is a lot of negativity within this all-important fraternity. I also heard from more than one Austin area realtor source that there were indeed 3 separate lock boxes accessed this week for one Mrs. Urban Meyer. Urban of course, is the clear favorite of one HEAVY HITTER but I won't name names at this point. Take that one with a grain of salt though, as Flight Tracker has failed to corroborate this rumor. And before you ask, all my sources are 100% verified by a REAL journalist who writes lots of stuff.

thank god, it’s about time we see some changes.  urban sounds great, hope he’s the guy. 

Hahahaha! Why the fuck would Kyle Shanahan be interested in the Texas job? That's nothing more than trolling and it's not even good trolling. He's coached in the NFL his entire career and presently coaches the clear favorite to win the NFC. Who was the last successful NFL Coach to head back to the college ranks? Saban returned to the NCAA, but he was in danger of losing his job and didn't exactly light the NFL on fire.

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

FCB just said that Huff and Carrington will be on the road recruiting starting Saturday.

Assuming this is true would we let them recruit until NSD1 and not have true position coaches for the 2 that are gone? 

The bowl games start Dec. 20. 

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Hahahaha! Why the fuck would Kyle Shanahan be interested in the Texas job? That's nothing more than trolling and it's not even good trolling. He's coached in the NFL his entire career and presently coaches the clear favorite to win the NFC. Who was the last successful NFL Coach to head back to the college ranks? Saban returned to the NCAA, but he was in danger of losing his job and didn't exactly light the NFL on fire.

Carroll, Harbaugh, OC for LSU, David Shaw, Brian Kelley, Chip Kelly, Scott Frost.... and the list goes on

15 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Carroll, Harbaugh, OC for LSU, David Shaw, Brian Kelley, Chip Kelly, Scott Frost.... and the list goes on

• Joe Brady was an offensive assistant for the Saints
  • David Shaw was never more than a position coach in the NFL
  • Brian Kelly & Scott Frost never have been out of the NCAA
  • Chip Kelly's went 26-21 with the Eagles before being fired, then 2-14 with the 49ers before getting fired
  • Pete Carroll was pretty much a failure in the NFL before going back to college (6-10 with the Jets, then 27-21 with the Pats) - was fired from both places
  • Jim Harbaugh is the singular example on your list who was a success in the NFL before returning to the college ranks (44-19) and he had some large disagreements with ownership before going back to his alma mater

the list of guys who were successful in the NFL at the head coach level only to go back to College is very short. Jim Harbaugh is the only one off the top of my head - Saban as was mentioned was only 15-17 and isn't what anyone would call a "success" at the NFL level.

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, TexasFan21 said:

Along with Fedora, it seems Andre Coleman (former Kansas State OC) will be let go from his analyst role as well.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-texas-expected-to-lose-a-few-big-name-staffers-this-off-season/

Is “let go” code for running away from a shit show?

41 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Lotus said warehome and beck are the first two.  We’re after Clemson oc and samples. So that means warehime and tim survives 

If Tom keeps TO he should announce Mehringer and Warehime as new Directors of Player Development since we'd already be fucked. I hope Samples bends Herman over on a Salary.

From Davis at the AAS. https://www.hookem.com/story/texas-assistants-tim-beck-todd-orlando-not-worried-personal-futures/

"It’s unclear whether Herman would fire one or both of his coordinators after this season. Herman could make several staff changes or none. Athletic director Chris Del Conte has said it’s not his job to hire and fire assistants. That’s up to the head coach. 

Orlando scoffed at whether UT’s defensive scheme was still sound or if the Horns just need better players. The Longhorns are on track to allow 444.1 yards per game this season, which would be the third-worst total in school history.

“No, c’mon,” Orlando said. “I’m thinking big picture, too, is we continue to get better. That’s what we have to do. Point blank, that’s what we have to do — continue to get better and execute and continue the course. That’s it.”"

Edited by Goodman

The only Texas assistants who I know for sure have been in touch with recruits are Jason Washington and Herb HandHand's contract extends through next season after signing a three-year deal in January 2018. The same goes for Todd Orlando(one year remaining on the extension he signed following the 2017 season that gave him a bump in salary to $1.7 million per year), but Orlando typically doesn’t recruit all that much during the season (as is the case with coordinators, by and large).

Well, if Orlando isn’t fired, we will get ass fucked again next year. 

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Well, if Orlando isn’t fired, we will get ass fucked again next year. 

I can't envision Herman maturing as a leader enough to turn this around with his faux-confidence, unless he brings in a Chief of Staff ala Dick Tomey to teach him how to be a leader. Maybe he should bring in Col. Flowers.

Orlando coming back, Michelle should put the house on the market now.

What has Hand done to warrant another year? His group has regressed big-time throughout the season. He shouldn't be safer than other assistants just because his contract runs through the 2020 season.

There's an argument to be made that the OL issues are a symptom of poor, predictable offensive game planning more than anything. That's certainly at least partially true. He's shown he can have the OL playing well when the opponent doesn't know exactly what's coming. Excellent recruiter. Between that and his contract situation, it's probably prudent to keep him around.

If the offense sucks next year everyone's getting fired anyway, that much less buyout you have to eat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

So we’ve identified that Herman needs:

- A new OC with a different system / philosophy 

- A new DC with a different system / philosophy 

- A “chief of staff” to handle leadership and management responsibilities 

spacer.png

It’s the exact same shit we did with Strong. I want to cry.

• Like 1

If the two guys that are "fired" had contracts ending were they really fired or just not re-signed?

My question is that if you are only willing to change the guys whose contracts have run out are you really addressing all the changes that need to be made or just taking an easy path?