2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I guess I didn’t phrase it well, but winning the tech game didn’t change minds. It was more like “if this fucking shithead loses to Tech also, we’re ready”. He didn’t. They didn’t. 

So it's more that losing to tech would've triggered mass hysteria, and failing to lose to Tech thus failed to trigger the necessary rage.

I'll buy that for a dollar. Like how the 1996 Big XII title game bought Mackovic one more year...

20 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Guys I would want with the current coaching landscape that would be realistic... will omit Meyer since that has been beaten to death.

1.  Rhule

2.  Malzahn

3.  Franklin

4.  Patterson 

5.  Campbell

All would be HUGE upgrades over Mensa 

Your list sucks with the exception of 4

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Interesting, who did he want when we fired mack?

so Herman is the coaching version of Patterson...

He's like bizarro Ferris Bueller- the sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all despise him. They think he's an arrogant cunt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Is it ever a good recruiting year for a HC transition?

No, but that class is loaded and we have a massive head start due to Milroe.  Would be an especially bad year to take the hit.  2020 would be preferable if it has to happen at all.

As i've stated elsewhere i'm down with Harrell, Lashlee or Morris. 

If they are looking at Steele my first reaction is he is not my first choice.  He's not a head coach so i won't hold those years against him.  That said he wasn't great at Clemson and he's been ok at Auburn but what does he know about B12 offenses?  Don't say Baylor. He's been gone for so long and he's older so i don't know if he has what it takes to adapt to the current offenses.  I suppose we could do worse but it's not exactly a rising star hire.     

Just now, RollLeft said:

If they are looking at Steele my first reaction is he is not my first choice.  He's not a head coach so i won't hold those years against him.  That said he wasn't great at Clemson and he's been ok at Auburn but what does he know about B12 offenses?  Don't say Baylor. He's been gone for so long and he's older so i don't know if he has what it takes to adapt to the current offenses.  I suppose we could do worse but it's not exactly a rising star hire.     

Not defending Steele one way or the other.  My point will be that we don't need a rising star.  We need someone to come in and fix this shit and fix it right now.  

What DC has truly figured out how to stop big 12 offenses? Just bring in someone who preaches physicality, allows our athletic DB’s to play press man coverage, and allows our DL to rush the QB and we will be light years better than this year and should have plenty of offense to win every game on the schedule.

Edited by ColeTrickle
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ColeTrickle said:

What DC has truly figured out how to stop big 12 offenses? Just bring in someone who preaches physicality, allows our athletic DB’s to play press man coverage, and allows our DL to rush the QB and we will be light years better than this year and should have plenty of offense to win every game on the schedule.

yep. and then we need him to say publicly if we aren't getting DPI's a couple of times a game then we aren't using our hands and grabbing enough.  additionally Hand needs to get off his ass and start teaching holding on a massive scale.  we are and have been playing pussy ball.  bring in some guys that are going to start kicking ass and taking names.

• Like 1

What's fucking fantastic about LSU is their system needs about $1billion in repairs and they're refurbishing locker rooms and giving coordinators raises. They're going to pay Brady whatever is needed. It won't stop until some kind of #metoo type expose is created. 

Oh, and Epstein didn't kill himself. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ColeTrickle said:

You forgot "teach our DBs to look for the ball" and "teach our DBs to use their arms when they tackle."

Also, stop the fucking 3 man front bullshit.

9 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

You forgot "teach our DBs to look for the ball" and "teach our DBs to use their arms when they tackle."

Also, stop the fucking 3 man front bullshit.

You forgot "doesn't rush a blitzer from the North Pole"

Edited by TXs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColeTrickle said:

Might also coach the linebackers to be in position, tackle and not blitz FROM FUCKING SIBERIA.

Hook'em 

Edited by BigSwingingD

4 hours ago, Cap Hooked said:

Lol the last time that happened we missed out on Dobbins, Baron Browning, Okudah, Walker Little, Chaisson. History repeats itself  :(

Okudah was never coming to Austin.. He was tosu from the jump. Even if we kept Charlie.. Dobbins and Browning wouldn't have stuck imo.. Charlie shit the bed in 2016.. 

10 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

If that ends up being the case, that plane was in Memphis last Wednesday and would give some credence to the Herman would have been gone with a Tech loss as Mike Norvell would be a solid hire.  I'm going to assume Norvell is who Ol' Miss is going after.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

8 hours ago, RollLeft said:

DFEI Rankings: 

• 2009 (Clemson): 17
  • 2010: 14
  • 2011: 57
  • 2015 (LSU): 18
  • 2016 (Auburn): 10 
  • 2017: 1
  • 2018: 15
  • 2019: 3

You are seriously underrating how good his defenses have been going back almost 10 years. Dude has had very good defenses for a while...

as to if he is a good match because of cultural reasons, conference reasons or anything else - that is one thing. but he has a book of work as a DC that is pretty damn good...

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

If true, that plane was in Memphis last Wednesday and would give some credence to the Herman would have been gone with a Tech loss as Mike Norvell would be a solid hire.  I'm going to assume Norvell is who Ol' Miss is going after.

and Arky (paying 2 buyouts this year + new staff - Norvell has like a $500k buyout)

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

We were 2 defensive stops away from being 9-3, even with no imagination on offense.  We have a chance to address both of those issues.  Wait till be blow the hires again to be sad.

Ya! That’s a positive outlook. Will try to adopt this. We have to have a TE for Herman’s shit to work though and with more defenses employing Tampa 2 or the reverse in the Big 12 I’m wondering if he’s gonna continue in the same vein that got him on Meyer’s staff or attempt some new shit. 

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

We were 2 defensive stops away from being 9-3, even with no imagination on offense.  We have a chance to address both of those issues.  Wait till be blow the hires again to be sad.

We were a last second field goal away from losing to Kansas and Kansas State and going 5-7. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Herman will need to break tendency this offseason to salvage his tenure at Texas. IF his first move is to bring on Chris Ash, that would be the laziest, most Tom Herman move he could possibly make. 

Those three little words come to mind yet again: Bobby. Jack. Wright.

Texas was also two missed FGs away, which is much closer than a couple of defensive stops, from being 5-7 with a loss to Kansas. Two-way street.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk