2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

In order with #1 being most run heavy you can basically break them down into categories.

Triple option:

Reveal hidden contents

#1 - Navy
#2 - Air Force
#3 - Army
#4 - Georgia Southern

Then Run Heavy:

Hide contents

#5 - Buffalo
#6 - Boston College
#7 - Wyoming
#8 - Kentucky
#9 - Utah
#10 - Wisconsin

Then Lean Run:

Hide contents

#11 - Virginia Tech
#12 - Ohio St.
#13 - Louisville
#14 - Mississippi
#15 - Charlotte
#16 - Tulane
#17 - Northwestern
#18 - UAB
#19 - Mississippi St.
#20 - Kansas St.
#21 - Georgia St.
#22 - Nebraska
#23 - Minnesota
#24 - New Mexico
#25 - South Alabama
#26 - Oklahoma St.
#27 - Cincinnati
#28 - Appalachian St.
#29 - Rutgers
#30 - Georgia Tech
#31 - Oklahoma
#32 - Miami (OH)
#33 - Bowling Green
#34 - Louisiana-Lafayette
#35 - Toledo
#36 - Coastal Carolina
#37 - Ohio
#38 - Marshall
#39 - Ball St.
#40 - Auburn
#41 - Georgia
#42 - Kent St.
#43 - Houston
#44 - Memphis
#45 - San Diego St.
#46 - TCU
#47 - Duke
#48 - Illinois
#49 - Wake Forest
#50 - Western Michigan
#51 - Penn St.
#52 - Rice
#53 - Tennessee
#54 - Florida International
#55 - Northern Illinois

Then Balanced:

Hide contents

#56 - Michigan
#57 - Missouri
#58 - Central Michigan
#59 - Boise St.
#60 - Clemson
#61 - South Florida
#62 - Baylor
#63 - Central Florida
#64 - UTEP
#65 - UTSA
#66 - Notre Dame
#67 - SMU
#68 - Washington
#69 - Louisiana-Monroe
#70 - Middle Tennessee St.
#71 - Oregon
#72 - California
#73 - Arizona St.
#74 - Florida Atlantic
#75 - Syracuse
#76 - Iowa
#77 - North Carolina
#78 - UCLA
#79 - Maryland
#80 - Colorado
#81 - Tulsa
#82 - Fresno St.
#83 - Temple
#84 - UNLV
#85 - Southern Miss
#86 - Alabama
#87 - Michigan St.
#88 - Massachusetts
#89 - Indiana

Then Lean Pass:

Hide contents

#90 - Western Kentucky
#91 - Arizona
#92 - Arkansas St.
#93 - Connecticut
#94 - Kansas
#95 - Florida St.
#96 - Louisiana Tech
#97 - BYU
#98 - Texas
#99 - Old Dominion
#100 - East Carolina
#101 - Oregon St.
#102 - Eastern Michigan
#103 - Nevada
#104 - Utah St.
#105 - LSU
#106 - Arkansas
#107 - Vanderbilt
#108 - Liberty
#109 - North Carolina St.
#110 - Iowa St.
#111 - North Texas
#112 - Texas A&M
#113 - Colorado St.
#114 - Virginia
#115 - Pittsburgh
#116 - South Carolina
#117 - Southern Cal
#118 - Florida
#119 - Miami (FL)
#120 - Texas Tech
#121 - New Mexico St.
#122 - Troy
#123 - Stanford
#124 - West Virginia

Then Pass Heavy:

Hide contents

#125 - Hawaii
#126 - Texas St.
#127 - Akron
#128 - Purdue
#129 - San Jose St.

Then Mike Leach:

Hide contents

#130 - Washington St.

Nice. I wonder how these categories play into a correlation between % run with offensive production.

4 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Nice. I wonder how these categories play into a correlation between % run with offensive production.

That would be a difficult analysis with a danger of false conclusions because in general better teams will naturally call more running plays because they have the lead more often. It's certainly possible with a finer detail on the stats but not something I'm going to look at right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

lulz

I would say he probably does stay, maybe 50/50, but the overtures from other schools including Texas haven't even happened yet. When P5 schools hire their new coaches and coordinators then you will see actual offers to guys like Samples. What a silly and premature story to push, although I understand why SMU wants to push it.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

lulz

I would say he probably does stay, maybe 50/50, but the overtures from other schools including Texas haven't even happened yet. When P5 schools hire their new coaches and coordinators then you will see actual offers to guys like Samples. What a silly and premature story to push, although I understand why SMU wants to push it.

And am I the only one to find the use of "overtures" in this situation as annoying AF?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

if he is offered the same position at Texas does anyone believe he is going to stay at SMU? nope.avi

(honestly, or any any major school)

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

And am I the only one to find the use of "overtures" in this situation as annoying AF?

It's a little pretentious but it also actually works against them. An overture is a preliminary proposal or contact that is intended to eventually lead to more serious discussion.

You know, like when you're ready to actually offer someone a job later. So SMU 247 using that word is actually saying what everybody knows. The real offers will be coming later.

• Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

It's a little pretentious but it also actually works against them. An overture is a preliminary proposal or contact that is intended to eventually lead to more serious discussion.

You know, like when you're ready to actually offer someone a job later. So SMU 247 using that word is actually saying what everybody knows. The real offers will be coming later.

Kinda got that feeling as well. 

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m very interested to better understand what Malzahn took from the Lashlee offense and what he didn’t. Maybe Hand will fit fine under Air Raid because of what Malzahn has done with his offense over the years.

i think that is backwards. Lashlee played for Gus in high school, was a GA at Arky & Auburn and was the OC at Ark State & Auburn. was basically with him from like 2000 to 2016

there was *no* Lashlee offense that wasn't derived from the Malzahn offense 

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i think that is backwards. Lashlee played for Gus in high school, was a GA at Arky & Auburn and was the OC at Ark State & Auburn. was basically with him from like 2000 to 2016

there was *no* Lashlee offense that wasn't derived from the Malzahn offense 

Was about to post this information.

Edited by Casual Encounter
Gus fired his longtime protege.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

If Harrell can design plays that feature multiple receivers running wide open and can teach our QBs to throw passes that reach them in stride, we'll be hella far ahead of where we are now. None of the LeachTree guys seem to have any problems getting OL to hold up for at least two seconds....

That's all it takes. It's just that easy!

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

That would be a difficult analysis with a danger of false conclusions because in general better teams will naturally call more running plays because they have the lead more often. It's certainly possible with a finer detail on the stats but not something I'm going to look at right now.

It's been done.  Rushing yards are better than passing yards as they relate to points, but for exactly the reason you describe.  Points create more rushing yards.

That just makes it more plausible to me that he is meeting with Herman.  Sorry, dude isn't gonna come to Texas to recruit and not take advantage of the opportunity to meet with a guy he is considering taking a job with just because he is here recruiting for his current employer.....

He isn't gonna fly back to LA and than come back on his own dime....

Edited by TexasRenegade

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

That just makes it more plausible to me that he is meeting with Herman.  Sorry, dude isn't gonna come to Texas to recruit and not take advantage of the opportunity to meet with a guy he is considering taking a job with just because he is here recruiting for his current employer.....

He's Multi-tasking!!!!  Me likey

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I think there’s legs to this.  What do you expect Harrell to do?  Stop recruiting?

Just make sure he whispers on the way out the door "ya, know, if you don't choose SC, Texas is a really great school too.  Just sayin' "

• Like 1

If Texas is truly about to offer him 2 mill a year guaranteed for 2 years,  there is no way I don't see this happening if they are actually meeting.  I am certain Harrell wants to come back to Texas anyway, and I don't know that SC will be prepared to throw that kind of money at him to keep a coordinator from a staff that they may or may not can, but who knows.

Also, our own fanatical attitudes aside......I would have to believe that Herman is in a much better position than Helton....Maybe I am wrong, but frustration and such aside, Herman has so far been far superior to what Helton has been serving up.