2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'm wondering who Harrell has in his binder of coaches.  He only really has two years of P5 coaching experience - so he doesn't have a huge pool of people he's worked with - but i assume he'd rely on Leach/Kliff/Litrell for recs.

my god, phone calls with Leach have to be longer than calls with my grandmother when I was a kid

17 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Harrell should not get autonomy to pick his staff, he should have a say but no fucking way you let him select every coach on offense. 

Coordinators usually get to pick a guy they want to bring along, and then they collaborate with the HC in regard to the rest of the staff and support staff. 

Also, what a fucking hideous piece of shit this thread has been for a few pages. RomaVicta looms about this thread like a gargoyle statue, emotionless, convictionless, but omnipresent and probably smarter than you. Greg Davis is no big deal except for the fact that he brings nothing but failure and dated input to the table and Coach Fuckface values his advice as though he's an uncle. SydneyCarton is a moth to that flame every time. Then there's no new info and a fluff speculation story from Nahlin. And a whole bunch of posts from guys that I have on ignore. Christ, somebody please do some fucking thing. Hermancipate us from this ineptitude and ennui before we collectively transmogrify into the fucking UT offense.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Christ, somebody please do some fucking thing. Hermancipate us from this ineptitude and ennui before we collectively transmogrify into the fucking UT offense.

That's why Herman threw those bastards out. And that's all he's going to say.

leanonme2.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Coordinators usually get to pick a guy they want to bring along, and then they collaborate with the HC in regard to the rest of the staff and support staff. 

Also, what a fucking hideous piece of shit this thread has been for a few pages. RomaVicta looms about this thread like a gargoyle statue, emotionless, convictionless, but omnipresent and probably smarter than you. Greg Davis is no big deal except for the fact that he brings nothing but failure and dated input to the table and Coach Fuckface values his advice as though he's an uncle. SydneyCarton is a moth to that flame every time. Then there's no new info and a fluff speculation story from Nahlin. And a whole bunch of posts from guys that I have on ignore. Christ, somebody please do some fucking thing. Hermancipate us from this ineptitude and ennui before we collectively transmogrify into the fucking UT offense.

All those worthless posts and I don't get a fucking shoutout? I don't know why I bother. 

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

spacer.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Neither do we. 

source.gif

Huh. Maybe I'm too aggressive with the ignore function. I just looked and I've got over 700 posters on ignore. Had I not seen you quoting Eggo, I wouldn't have even realized I've had that guy on ignore since I signed up here. He must have done something really grim at some point on Shaggy for me to have just done it automatically. Also, it turns out I've been ignoring HenryJames for years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Huh. Maybe I'm too aggressive with the ignore function. I just looked and I've got over 700 posters on ignore. Had I not seen you quoting Eggo, I wouldn't have even realized I've had that guy on ignore since I signed up here. He must have done something really grim at some point on Shaggy for me to have just done it automatically. Also, it turns out I've been ignoring HenryJames for years.

So you talk to like 3 people?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I dunno, given the sample's you just rattled off your instincts seem pretty spot on to me. 

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Well, Turn of the Screw is certainly one of the most overrated works in the literary canon, but The Portrait of a Lady has some merit as one of the first post-modern character studies.

As long as we can agree that The Bostonians is one of the worst pieces of shit that has ever been written. And I say that as a guy who generally likes Henry James. It's Greg Davis 3rd and 5 bad. 

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Well, Turn of the Screw is certainly one of the most overrated works in the literary canon, but The Portrait of a Lady has some merit as one of the first post-modern character studies.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As long as we can agree that The Bostonians is one of the worst pieces of shit that has ever been written. And I say that as a guy who generally likes Henry James. It's Greg Davis 3rd and 5 bad. 

The only thing that can coat this thread with more of a butthole-death stench odor is if you two fucking pedants continue discussing turn of the 20th century literature preferences.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I assume it is a really long read but most of the pages are blank with the few that do have words coming up short of the mark and don't really matter anyway.

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m about to join you in adding people.  Two pages of mostly inane bullshit being posted here...

Chip says he's hearing the offer was in the range of 3 years $6.5mm guaranteed 

I spent about ten minutes trying to find an updated article of highest paid assistants, but I believe this would be by far the highest salary for an OC, beating out Sark and Chaney who are $1.55 and $1.5 per. I could easily be missing someone though. There are plenty of assistants with higher salaries than that, but they're all DCs, unless I'm missing someone.

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Chip says he's hearing the offer was in the range of 3 years $6.5mm guaranteed 

I spent about ten minutes trying to find an updated article of highest paid assistants, but I believe this would be by far the highest salary for an OC, beating out Sark and Chaney who are $1.55 and $1.5 per. I could easily be missing someone though. There are plenty of assistants with higher salaries than that, but they're all DCs, unless I'm missing someone.

Lots of Chip info comes from agents agendas.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Guaranteeing 3 years highly paid when your head coach has a win or gtfo year coming up seems like a waste of money. 

Paying some raggedy ann and andy assed coordinators next to nothing doesn't inspire confidence in recruits and current players, either. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The only thing that can coat this thread with more of a butthole-death stench odor is if you two fucking pedants continue discussing turn of the 20th century literature preferences.

Closeto calling all of us pedantic is classic. It's like Professor Higgins calling a group of phoneticians priggish wisenheimers.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I once compared the ROI of Charlie Strong's and Nick Saban's respective salaries based on dollars per win. I was negged to Bolivia and only survived with a rep from Thujone. 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Guaranteeing 3 years highly paid when your head coach has a win or gtfo year coming up seems like a waste of money. 

tenor.gif?itemid=6173124

We've always wanted our program to spend the Scrooge McDuck piles of money that it's sitting on. Now they're rumored to be willing to do it so why would we complain. It's not like something good is going to come out of not spending that money.

• Like 9

Just now, Bevo said:

Closeto calling all of us pedantic is classic. It's like Professor Higgins calling a group of phonetician priggish wisenheimers.

In news that will surprise no one but you, you have the reading comprehension skills of a dead marmot. I didn’t call everyone a pedant. Specifically, I don’t think you come within lunar orbit of resembling a pedant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

In news that will surprise no one but you, you have the reading comprehension skills of a dead marmot. I didn’t call everyone a pedant. Specifically, I don’t think you come within lunar orbit of resembling a pedant. 

I'm just happy that you didn't put me on ignore. In the meantime, I'll try to step up my game to live or just slightly brain-damaged marmot.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm just waiting for someone to churlishly shout out, "Your mom's a pedant!"