2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6173124

We've always wanted our program to spend the Scrooge McDuck piles of money that it's sitting on. Now they're rumored to be willing to do it so why would we complain. It's not like something good is going to come out of not spending that money.

Wait, I thought someone explained that Texas is really in massive debt due to stadiums and stuff.  

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Coordinators usually get to pick a guy they want to bring along, and then they collaborate with the HC in regard to the rest of the staff and support staff. 

Also, what a fucking hideous piece of shit this thread has been for a few pages. RomaVicta looms about this thread like a gargoyle statue, emotionless, convictionless, but omnipresent and probably smarter than you. Greg Davis is no big deal except for the fact that he brings nothing but failure and dated input to the table and Coach Fuckface values his advice as though he's an uncle. SydneyCarton is a moth to that flame every time. Then there's no new info and a fluff speculation story from Nahlin. And a whole bunch of posts from guys that I have on ignore. Christ, somebody please do some fucking thing. Hermancipate us from this ineptitude and ennui before we collectively transmogrify into the fucking UT offense.

I have it on good record from you that in 2022 the Hermancipation will be nigh.

tenor.gif?itemid=6173124
We've always wanted our program to spend the Scrooge McDuck piles of money that it's sitting on. Now they're rumored to be willing to do it so why would we complain. It's not like something good is going to come out of not spending that money.

This. Half this board is actively proud of the revenue of Texas athletics because it's provided so little in the way of actual success over this lost decade.

Texas AD cash isn't any of our savings and nothing they do on this situation will shrink its contribution to academics, because buyouts will be covered by BMDs. Spend that shit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just don’t get why we seem to be happier spending money to buy out failed coaches than spending money on payroll to lure coaches that don’t fail. 
If we are ok with the fairly likely possibility of paying an OC 6 million for one year of work in order to get someone good to board and man a sinking ship, I want that same attitude when we spend on the crew for our new ship. 

16 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I have it on good record from you that in 2022 the Hermancipation will be nigh.

I feel like that thread title works no matter what happens. It could either mean that the Head Narcissist in Charge has sorted his bullshit and the program has reached escape velocity from the muck of mediocrity in which we've been mired for this last decade, or it could mean that we kicked his sorry fucking ass to the curb and we've Hermancipated ourselves from his own insipid, dickless regime. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Well, we're all trending somewhere. Pretty sure the majority of my behaviors trend towards sociopathy. Life would suck as a narcissist. 

●Fights with peers

●Conflicts with parents and other authority figures

●Stealing

●Vandalism

●Fire setting

●Cruelty to animals or other children

●School-related behavior problems

●Poor academic performance

●Running away from home

Nah that's not you.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel like that thread title works no matter what happens. It could either mean that the Head Narcissist in Charge has sorted his bullshit and the program has reached escape velocity from the muck of mediocrity in which we've been mired for this last decade, or it could mean that we kicked his sorry fucking ass to the curb and we've Hermancipated ourselves from his own insipid, dickless regime. 

Hermancipated. I'm stealing the fuck out of that one.

I so very much want you to nab him.  Not that I think he's that great (although he ripped us a new asshole- but our D is historically awful), but watching SC scramble for their 3rd OC in 12 months is delightful.  And who's gonna jump on board knowing he is a short-timer barring a miracle?  I guess someone who thinks they could be a HCIW, but SC is not going to replace Helton with a promoted OC.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Super K on TFB is saying Harrell is very likely going to accept the Texas offer which is around 2 million per year. He’s waiting for a USC counter but including taxes they would have to nearly eclipse Heltons salary to match 

If true...

ehlinger_sam_j1802usc.jpg?width=1920&qua

• Like 3