2020 Coaching Staff

15 minutes ago, Maker Bayfield said:

spacer.png

B12 Refs just flagged yah for premature celebration!!!         (Great Video below)

It's time to come together
It's up to you, what's your pleasure
Everyone around the world
Come on!
Yahoo! It's a celebration
Yahoo! It's a celebration
Celebrate good times, come on!
Let's celebrate, come on now
Let's celebrate
Let's celebrate

Edited by LTtxfan

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Coordinators usually get to pick a guy they want to bring along, and then they collaborate with the HC in regard to the rest of the staff and support staff. 

Also, what a fucking hideous piece of shit this thread has been for a few pages. RomaVicta looms about this thread like a gargoyle statue, emotionless, convictionless, but omnipresent and probably smarter than you. Greg Davis is no big deal except for the fact that he brings nothing but failure and dated input to the table and Coach Fuckface values his advice as though he's an uncle. SydneyCarton is a moth to that flame every time. Then there's no new info and a fluff speculation story from Nahlin. And a whole bunch of posts from guys that I have on ignore. Christ, somebody please do some fucking thing. Hermancipate us from this ineptitude and ennui before we collectively transmogrify into the fucking UT offense.

ctj right now (all the time?):

giphy.gif

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Maker Bayfield said:

Other schools are using it against us.  If you go to Texas you're never going to get to the NFL because all they ask their dline to do is hold up blocks for the LB's

I guess Baylor and Iowa State didn't get the memo

22 minutes ago, Maker Bayfield said:

Other schools are using it against us.  If you go to Texas you're never going to get to the NFL because all they ask their dline to do is hold up blocks for the LB's

We’re likely going to lose our top DL target to Baylor, you know, a team that uses a 3 man front. 

Herman shouldn’t give a fuck about 3 vs 4 man fronts. Just hire the best defensive coach possible. Either works if you have a good DC. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Maker Bayfield said:

That’s an alignment and scheme issue, not something that naturally follows from running 3 man. 

• Like 1

All of this GD talk reminds me of a pet theory.  I think he is to blame for mensa tom's slavish devotion to 11 personnel (although that vapid terminology wasn't en vogue back then). GD used to brag about being able to run from under center with a single back and TE.  Then, without substituting, he would go to shotgun 5-wide with the RB and TE split out.  In reality the RB would split out to the sideline, run 2 yards, and turn around to act as a safety valve.  Meanwhile the TE would line up in the slot and lumber around and fail to get open.  Tom seems married to a 20 year old approach that was shitty at the time.

All of this GD talk reminds me of a pet theory.  I think he is to blame for mensa tom's slavish devotion to 11 personnel (although that vapid terminology wasn't en vogue back then). GD used to brag about being able to run from under center with a single back and TE.  Then, without substituting, he would go to shotgun 5-wide with the RB and TE split out.  In reality the RB would split out to the sideline, run 2 yards, and turn around to act as a safety valve.  Meanwhile the TE would line up in the slot and lumber around and fail to get open.  Tom seems married to a 20 year old approach that was shitty at the time.

Just proves if you wait long enough, bell bottom pants will be fashionable all over again ( if they were in the first place)!
  • Haha 1

Gary Kubiak would be an interesting candidate. Good at quickly improving offenses and has Texas ties. Bonus... Would piss off a lot of Ags if he came to Texas and helped turn the program around.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Now if Tom can just start recruiting statue QBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If Harrell comes here, Herman starts to resent it and meddles like Mack Brown on Adderall, then there is no salvaging crap.  Herman will be gone but Harrell will not be too tarnished to find another high paying job.  Herman better chill the fuck out and get the hell out of the way.  The Leach coaching tree farts in Hermensa's general direction.  Cumbie is the only one to truly shit the bed.  My God, fucking Kingsbury wound up as a head coach in the NFL.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

If Harrell comes here, Herman starts to resent it and meddles like Mack Brown on Adderall, then there is no salvaging crap.  Herman will be gone but Harrell will not be too tarnished to find another high paying job.  Herman better chill the fuck out and get the hell out of the way.  The Leach coaching tree farts in Hermensa's general direction.  Cumbie is the only one to truly shit the bed.  My God, fucking Kingsbury wound up as a head coach in the NFL.  

I wouldnt even say Cumbie shit the bed. Hes still a solid OC

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

If the elite kids are convinced 4-man gets them to the league, and either works with the right DC, we need to run the 4. 

I'm imagining someone selling a 270-lb kid like Sweat on the idea that he should try to become a speed rusher.

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

If Texas pays Graham fucking Harrell $2 mil per to be OC, college football has officially gone mental.  Don't get me wrong, I hope you do to crater SC further, but seriously.  It's not like he's Sean Payton or even Sean McVay.

I will roll the dice and take a 34 year old Harrell for 2 million over every washed up Greg Davis clone in college football.  Sean Payton was also pretty salty at 34 from the best I can remember.   McVay is too.  

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 1